It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
(female)

mandaplease HB User
Question Is it normal/possible to have just fibro?

I know a lot of times Fibro exists with another problem.
My body aches all the time like I have the flu and then on top of that random areas hurt worse and sometimes even burn.

I had a positive ANA but I've had every possible blood test and even my urine tested and I don't have Lupus, nor do I have any of the other symptoms.

I was tested for Lyme and it was the WB test which is the most accurate and I tested completely negative.

I've had an MRI within the past year so they don't think it's MS.

All of my other blood work was totally normal including my WBC and platelets.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Is it normal/possible to have just fibro?

hi manda,
welcome. in answer to your question, yes. fibromyalgia alone is good. don't hit me. giggle. it really is. the rest of the garbage that seems to chime in you don't want to have. one of my massage team has fibro and not all the other junk that tends to go with it.
very glad to hear your body is healthy otherwise. a good foundation for finding your balance with fibro, and yes, you will find that balance.
peace,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
mandaplease (05-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Hi Manda - yes it is possible to have just fibro - I'm one of those - I thought I had it tough until I joined this board and heard what others have to deal with on top of fibro - and I thank my lucky stars that fibro is all I have

The Following User Says Thank You to thesweetlife For This Useful Post:
mandaplease (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

mandaplease HB User

Yeah I'm really glad to have just fibro, just from what I've seen on the boards it seems like fribro usually goes with something else so I just wanted to make sure. I mean they did really thorough testing though. Thanks so much!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

its like reading my own bio.....wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had every test known ... negative
an also a positive ANA an High Sed rate but all tests come back Neg. on Lupus and a MRI an.... no Ms ....

yep we have Fibro........

hugs Monalisa..sorry so short but hurting real bad...btw i also feel like i have the Flu 24/7

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
mandaplease (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

wow when I was diganosed they did some blood work on me everything was normal and my ana was also positive, Saw a rumy was checked out had more blood did not have lupus. As much as Fibro is horrid i'm glad that's all i have.

Closed Thread

Tags
confused, fibro, no symptoms, positive ana