It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
(female)

smillie7803 HB User
Symptoms...feeling like skin is burning. Fibro?

I thought I would write in this forum bc if I go to my doctor she is going to write this off as anxiety before she even finishes hearing my symptoms like she usually does Starting 2 nights ago, my skin started burning and tingling here and there in certain spots (myarms, legs, toes) last night it started really bad in my left hand and forearm. Right now my same left arm and forearm is tingling but not as bad as last night. My lower back hurts and has been hurting since yesterday. It also feel like my scalp is burning at times. Does anyone know if this is related to fibromyalgia? Has anyone experienced this? I haven't slept very well for 3 nights. Thanks guys! Also, I should add that my joints are so sore. My left shoulder, elbow, rib cage, hip and lower back are the areas experiencing the most pain. Any thoughts or experiences related to this would help as well. I am 33 female, 5'9 and 152lbs. Thanks again!

Last edited by smillie7803; 05-15-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: more symptoms

Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Symptoms...feeling like sin is burning. Fibro?

Hi and welcome. Yes I would say it is related. I get the tingling sometimes awful, mostly in my arms and hands. It is more annoying to me than the pain. I have definitely had "hot spots" on my body. I attribute it all to fibro. I would find another provider if your doctor doesn't take your symptoms seriously. Fibro has all kinds of symptoms that one person may get and not another. Depression goes along with it as well. I have found myself at the bottom of a well of depression and struggled for years climbing back out. Please seek a professional who will listen and take your symptoms seriously. I am so grateful every day that my nurse practitioner takes the time and really listens. She even gave me her personal email address, which I hardly ever use, but am glad to know it is there. Post here often, tons of good info and lovely people here. Good luck honey.
peace
Sandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: Symptoms...feeling like skin is burning. Fibro?

ditto on what Sandra just said.....yes i get the tingling,burning,vibrating, also sharp shooting pain...sadly yes its fibro...

Old 05-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

ouch my scalp is sore a lot and yes the burning on my legs and stomache and burning zaps.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
(female)

smillie7803 HB User

Thanks guys! Do any of you have stomach issues (IBS, acid reflux, GERD, coonstipation) as well?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
(female)

fireflyfields HB Userfireflyfields HB Userfireflyfields HB Userfireflyfields HB User

Yep I agree...my hands often go numb-- but its not completely without feeling- it is a burning sensation. Not pins and needles. It drives me nuts- and I have found I have it often when driving . My kids laugh at me as I put my hand in the air and then down towards the floor and wiggle it around!

Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

yep i have IBS-D...but since Ive been eating only half a Activa every morning (full one i get severe cramps)..and after a BM in the morning i take 3 fiber supplements Ive been so much better! before i was in major pain/cramping/Diarrhea/hemorrhoids/gas/

Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Activia yogurt ,,,,,

Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smillie7803 View Post
Thanks guys! Do any of you have stomach issues (IBS, acid reflux, GERD, coonstipation) as well?

LOL....All of the above!!! Welcome to Fibroland! Hope you find some good help here on the boards. There are great people here!
Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
(female)

fireflyfields HB Userfireflyfields HB Userfireflyfields HB Userfireflyfields HB User

I had constant diarrhea for 10 months (several times a day). Gastro could find nothing wrong with me and no reason for it. It made life hard to do anything but be close to a bathroom. I decided to take probiotics (as I don't like yogurt) and stopped eating most processed foods (I have found it extremely hard to do without some like mayo-- I am working on making my own stuff but sometimes I just don't have time).

Anyway diarrhea is almost completely gone. Maybe only a couple times a week unless I eat a lot of processed stuff. I have been very amazed.

The Following User Says Thank You to fireflyfields For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #11
(female)

smillie7803 HB User

Wow! I am so grateful for you guys thank you so much. I have more questions haha Right now I feel as though my left arm is squeezing between shoulder and elbow. My head is tingling at my temples. Have any of you experienced THIS? I was just at docs last week for same symptoms thinking I was having a stroke but a cat-scan, x ray and ekg made me relax a little being that they were all normal. Fibroland sux lol Are any of you currently on meds that are helping your symptoms? I am not. Thanks again

Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

i don't have those symtoms but my legs have been burning for a few days driving me nuts. I don't take any medication just for my panick attacks xanax is the best med i could have it relaxes my muscles and calms me at the same time.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
(female)

smillie7803 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post
i don't have those symtoms but my legs have been burning for a few days driving me nuts. I don't take any medication just for my panick attacks xanax is the best med i could have it relaxes my muscles and calms me at the same time.
Yes I take xanax as well and it does seem to help but I don't think xanax is a long term med. Although I only take it when I feel an attack may be coming on. I did some researching and I found that my symptoms may be related to the GERD or acid in the stomach. Thanks so much for taking time out to answer my question!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #14
(female)

when I was on 40 mg of prozac the burning and numbness went away. However I was extremely depressed and was unable to move without pain. The only prescription meds I am on now is for blood pressure. I have found benadryl works for me- it is strange and no one can figure out why it works- I have had arguments with doctors who want me on their meds, not benadryl. Anyway-- they made me feel worse, the benadryl makes me feel good so I am sticking on that. Strange but true!

Old 05-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

yes i get that every day..if you rub w/your thumb on top of your arm just below where your arm bends..you'll feel that it really hurts..also up on an below your shoulder rub and if possible have someone else rub it, i have my hubby do it to the point im almost crying and sometimes will bruise.

it helps in the long run ,,well for a day or so... so i can lay on that side while i sleep or just to be able to lift my arm. its our muscles Hun that are tight....

movement,light exercise,lite weights, heat, massage,Ibuprofen, meditation,(a strong drink for me at night),.. reduce your stress level and that can be even good fun stress too,,

we tend to get over stimulated and cant cope with all that's coming in..noise,smells,movement,vibrations,tou ch,feelings..

hope this can help some,,don't feel your asking to much,,trust me were here for each other and the more we can share the better will become ,.. learning how to cope..

Hugs..Monalisa..

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
smillie7803 (07-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
smillie7803 (07-07-2011)
Closed Thread