It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Fibro & Miscarriages.......

was just wondering if anyone else feels or has heard this is common?
im 48 but when i was 23 i had 2 miscarriages, one i was 3 months along,..

at that age tho i didn't know i had Fibro... with my first son who is now 23, when i was pregnant with him i cramped an bled for about 3months and we thought wed lose him too.

with my now 18 yr daughter, i had preterm labor from the very beginning and went to the Hospital 7 different times during the pregnancy. one time her heart rate was so low they thought they'd have to deliver her at like 27weeks.

also both babies were breach....not sure if that has anything to due with fibro tho...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Fibro & Miscarriages.......

I'm sorry you went through all that, and I thank God for your children who were born alive.

I don't think it's related though.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (05-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Very interesting. I had two children, when I was 20 and 24, no problems whatsoever. I had my tubes tied when I was 28, was pregnant a year later. Lost that baby at 3 months gestation. Got pregnant four more times and had one live birth and the rest miscarried. Not sure if it is fibro related or not but I do know I was being treated by a chiro during that time for back issues.
Interesting thread.
peace
Sandra

The following user gives a hug of support to tooolgrl:
monalisa24 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

@ Sandra, Im sorry for your loss!..am i understanding this correctly? you got your tubes tied and then pregnant like 4 times..?..if so WOW!!!...

lov ya girl..btw how are you doing? working?

playing?..hehehehehe..;p..

Mona..ox

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
tooolgrl (05-18-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I don't think fibro had anything to do with miscarriages. Have you ever been tested for something called anti cardiolipin or antiphospholipid syndrome. It is an auto immune problem and causes blood clots, miscarriages and other things. I had three miscarriages, but my children are 34 and 35. This problem was not known when I was pregnant. It was discovered by a doctor Graham Hughes about 20 or 25 years ago. My daughter is going through the infertility process right now and she tests positive for anti cardiolipin. So glad they know ahead of time now.

Glojer

Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

no ,...i haven't heard of that,,hhhmmm...i hope my daughter doesn't go through all this crap when she gets pregnant.

both my kids have Fibro also...........

Old 05-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I hope your daughter doesn't either. Now though they have my daughter taking the 81mg aspirin a day. I also take that, but it is to help me not to throw a clot and stroke out or have a heart attack. I'm old now, have to worry about other things.....giggle!

Glojer

The following user gives a hug of support to Glojer:
monalisa24 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

were all old little girl ..lol.......an if were not , we sure feel like we are ..lol....have a good night,,,need to lay down ..

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
dnz1017 (06-11-2012)
Old 05-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa24 View Post
@ Sandra, Im sorry for your loss!..am i understanding this correctly? you got your tubes tied and then pregnant like 4 times..?..if so WOW!!!...

lov ya girl..btw how are you doing? working?

playing?..hehehehehe..;p..

Mona..ox
Hello my love,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes my tubes were tied and I got pregnant four times after. Saw one of the fetus' on a sonogram at 8 weeks, lost it at 12 weeks. I finally had a pregnancy that took. My youngest Laura. lol, she was meant to be here I guess..it was a crazy time emotionally. I had to have my cervix sewn shut and rest a lot while I was pregnant with her. My cervix was weakened by a cone biopsy I had while I was also having the tubal ligation.
I am doing ok, had a job with a corporate dental facility, left after 4 days because they are scamming money out of patients. My life is a never ending roller coaster ride I tell you..lolol..but that was the worst by far. I couldn't continue being part of that fraudulent activity. Interviewed yesterday at a veterinary clinic a little further than I would like but really at this point cannot be choosy. Am I playing?? Well, the lovely young artist who is in and out of my life is indeed adamant about being with me. Who knows. I am not looking for anything permanent as far as men go right now. I think I have enough on my plate to keep my mind occupied. If he wants to see me from time to time for a play date that is fine. But emotionally I cannot go too far. lol..I really should think about growing up and acting my age. But what fun would that be????

love you sista. hope you have low pain today and all days..we are in rain this week, but I really don't mind. I love the rain, fibro doesn't but poo on fibro I say..teehee.
peace and love and raindrops
Sandra

The following user gives a hug of support to tooolgrl:
monalisa24 (05-18-2011)
Closed Thread