It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

pokiesue HB User
Angry I can't take this memory crap anymore!

In the past month, I have left my car running for 2+ hours, lost my puppy shot records, messed up my checking account (now $350 overdrawn!) and let my female dog in heat out with the males!!!! This is costing me a fortune! HELP!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to pokiesue:
caribear (05-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: I can't take this memory crap anymore!

hi pokiesue,
welcome to the crowd. we all do stuff like that. i make notes and read them. my brother does my checking account for me. animals are all fixed. yet i still manage to get in deep doo-doo from time to time. giggle.
you will develope a system that works for you. you really have no other choice. i carry a book with all my stuff i have to do in it. make notes and put them on mirrors or wherever i know i will see them. left my car seat heater on for 3 days and killed the car battery so i retrained myself to unplug it when i pull up to my gate. never left it running tho. giggle. at least yours started! giggle.
did work on my car, forgot a few things and broke a 300+ valve cover. compost happens. another 80 to have someone else fix it. you just deal with the fallout and do you best! finances aside you have to learn to laugh at yourself. otherwise you will go bonkers.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. welcome to the boards. hope you like it here.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
pokiesue (05-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
(female)

pokiesue HB User

Thank you so much! Its so great to be talking to people who truly understand what this is about and can relate. Since I have no one to do my checking account, I am seriously thinking about either going to a straight debit card to avoid insufficient fees or using just checks with copies and getting rid of the debit card altogether. Not sure which one will work out better. The confusion seems to be coming in when I pay bill with the checks and debit cards. Although I have made purchases with the debit card and forgot to write it down. Maybe the checks are the best idea and completely get rid of the debit cards??? Any suggestions?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

well i have my hubby do the bills theres no way i could...i put my debit card in a different place in my wallet cause id debit stuff when i didn't have money in my account. so i try and pay for stuff only in cash. as like blue its all about notes for us that works..i make a list of everything i need to do that day,,week ,,like
1. go to bank- cash check
2.get 20.00 out .
3.drive into town go to Safeway get milk ,roast etc.

i check everything off as i go. i have my husband fill out all my paper work if that kind of stuff needs to be done..

maybe you could have a friend, parent, look over your bills each month or when you need to bal check book and pay them with a nice lunch or coffee or dinner?

when you go some place or when you come home just check to see if car is off and check it off an date it so then you'll know ..some thing like that ,or sticky notes on the mirror like blue does...

we all are in this boat together,,will make it but yes we need to learn how to survive and i believe we can!!!

i think we are very strong people who suffer from this, its non stop pain and mental stress 24/7.... most would just lose it!..

Old 05-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

notes, more notes...darn...where the he** did I put that note/list , I can't remember Anyone seen my keys ?

Sadly memory is something that drives many of us nuts. Eventually you'll find what works for you to remember things, or most things. Hang in there and keep lists or notes or what ever will work best.

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
pokiesue (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
(female)

pokiesue HB User

I totally agree Monalisa, definitely not something for the weak! I am going to work on getting organized today with a notebook and start the notes. Thank you so much!

The following user gives a hug of support to pokiesue:
monalisa24 (05-17-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to pokiesue For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
(female)

pokiesue HB User

LOL...sounds so much like me Woodswalker! Such a terribly annoying thing!

Closed Thread