It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

anderjam HB Useranderjam HB Useranderjam HB Useranderjam HB User
Introducing myself finally...on my worst day ever

I have been a lurked here for a few months and decided to finally open up and say hi. I was diagnosed with fibro and CFS last year (today is actually my 1 yr anniversary of that diagnosis, but have had it for at least 2 more years).

I am turning 39 on Friday, I am a stay at home wife right now. My hubby and I just celebrated our 20th Anniversary. We are in the middle of adopting an older child in the foster care system through an agency. I help my BFF who also has fibro, with her 2 boys through the week.

The last couple days have been so hard mentally and physically. My cat of 16 years had been so sick and we had to put her down today. that was so hard to do, but the right thing. My pain has been escalated coincidentally as well right along with these stresses.

I have learned so much from this board already, and hope to connect with my fellow fibromites. I know how important it is to feel like there are other people out there who know and feel what you are going through.

Nite all for now....
My meds are finally kickin in so sorry for any weird spelling or grammar mistakes
Tammy

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: anderjam
caribear (05-20-2011), catkaru (05-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Introducing myself finally...on my worst day ever

Hi Tammy,
Welcome to our group, feel free to ask ??, reply to posts, yell, scream, cry and vent as you want. We all do that.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

The following user gives a hug of support to pa235:
angelwings54 (05-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Hi Tammy and welcome to our little sanctuary..You will find tons of good info, lots of laughter, and most of all lots and lots of love...Post often, rant and rave. We are all here to support and lend a shoulder always. Happy anniversary, kudos to you for taking in foster children. You are a very special girl for sharing your love to others less fortunate. And sending huge hugs and lots of tissues for you at the loss of your kitty. 16 is a great life for a cat. I am sure she had tons of love in her life with you..My oldest kit is 16 and she is the light of my life. Older cats are so special. She lives on in your heart forever...may you find peace and comfort on this forum. For sure you will find tons of fibro sisters and brothers..xoxoxo
peace and love
Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
pa235 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Welcome aboard, you will be glad you came out of lurking mode. This truly is a great place for support and info.

I am so sorry you had to put down your cat, that is never an easy decision.

How wonderful of you to open your heart and home to older children. The world need more like you.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome to the boards tammy,
glad you came out of hiding, giggle. i have been here for several years and find all the people to be thoughtful and gentle. i think you will too.
many changes in your life. saying good bye to an old friend and hello to motherhood. i hope you get the child.
remember to breath deep and slow. stress and loss, pain and worry tend to cause shallow breathing. remember to slow down and breath. it helps everything come back into balance.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 05-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome Glad to see you are opening up!
I'm Sorry about your kitty... My dog Shadow has been my best pal since I was 16. Got him when he was just 5 weeks old, his mom died when he was 3 weeks. I had moved out on my own a few months before that & decided I needed a friend. He was the one when I set eyes on him. He just turned 15 the other day. He has always had health problems, mostly allergies. I was so bad I never thought he'd live to be 12. But, when he was 11 I found a wonderful vet which is why I still have him. He takes Steroids every other day. Had a Big tumor removed off his leg 2 yrs ago, 1 off his eyelid (very extensive surgery) last year. He also had 10 teeth pulled last year, all at once. I decided no more surgeries... Although he has lost all his hearing & his eyesight is poor, he's still kicking along enjoying life. I found 2 big tumors on his foot the other day, didn't see it till not because of his fur. It's the kind that don't move... Not sure if I should put him through another surgery... Anyhow, I will be so heart broken when he passes. He's my fur kid. I try to tell myself that we are fortunate to have all these extra years. I guess no matter how much you prepare yourself, it doesn't make it any easier...
Anyhow, not to ramble, just know your not alone. I know we are to focus on our fibro here but it's also good to talk about other things.
I have CFS & Fibro also. CFS hit in 99, but didn't get any diagnosis until last year. Nice to finally know what is wrong. Course, that was easier then what it is now... Can't push myself like I used to. Stress, over doing it, ect just brings on more exhaustion & so much pain...
I hope you are getting lots of rest! One thing I have had to learn is to tell people "no". I have always been a strong person, mine over body. Never liked asking for help, still don't. I do my best to help others. But, I've learned my limits & when it's time to say no to others.
Anyhow, I Hope to see you around more often!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Welcome to the club. I am sorry you are here, but happy you found a place to help you through this. I have had so many great suggestions and sympathy since I came here almost a year ago as well. Ask questions, read old posts and you will learn how better to deal with this. Good luck with getting the foster child, that is just wonderful. What a lucky child. HOpe you feel terrific today and have a good weekend.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hi Tammy ,
Welcome to the boards....! These are some of the best peeps you will ever find. Sorry about your Cat, have had to put a couple down myself. Visit often it is the best medicine I think!!
Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 05-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #9
(female)

anderjam HB Useranderjam HB Useranderjam HB Useranderjam HB User

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Today was actually not as bad as I had anticipated. My friends and hubby made sure of it and made my birthday a nice one.
for those of you with pets, I think they help with our pain and rekaxation levels, dont you think?

Old 05-21-2011, 04:12 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Happy birthday Having pets definitely helps. I have a whole apartment full of the little fuzzy ones. I get great comfort from them and they help keep my humble. I was just thinking this morning how tough my life has been lately, unemployed, bills late, fibro flare. etc etc. I honestly had this epiphany while in the loo surrounded by a few of my kitties (I don't go anywhere without an entourage, lol). I realized that I have been so blessed with wonderful furbabies that are healthy and well fed. That in itself was and is enough for me to live on. That my babies are healthy. I really cannot complain about life. I know the right job will come and everything will fall into place. It is all about karma and destiny. I have faith in that...and having a positive outlook is always going to affect how your health is. No matter where I am in my little apartment there is always a furry friend close to me giving and receiving love and life...that is enough for me...xoxo
peace and love and kitty kisses
Sandra

Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Hello!! Hope you are having a wonderful Birthday!! YES, pets are a blessing from God to be sure. Hubby and I have 5 dogs and 2 kitty cats. We love them as if they were our children. (Sandra, I usually have a bathroom buddy or two as well LOL). Lost one a few years ago when she ran out the front door when my mother in law opened it and was hit by a car. All of my vet experience flew out the door and I became a hysterical owner. She died before I could even get her in the car to go to the vet. Breaks my heart still to this day. oxxo all! Di

Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Welcome! I think you will find this to be a caring and informative group! I am sure you will have things to share with us as well.

Praises for you taking in a foster child!

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. I have had many dogs and currently have two dachshunds. I have had to put a few down too, so please receive my hugs on that.

Pam

The Following User Says Thank You to Pammyann For This Useful Post:
anderjam (05-23-2011)
Closed Thread