It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Forgetful

So, lately I've been really irritated over how forgetful I am... I also do really stupid stuff...
Last week I forgot to look at the calendar to see if my son had a game, so he missed it... I felt awful...
I forgot where I put my husbands car key last week, luckily it was on his day off so he was able to find the spare...
I will easily get out of bed 4 or 5 times because I forgot to do something...
I forget to take my meds.
I have insomnia & my muscle relaxer helps me go to sleep. Last night I was awake till 12:30 before realizing I forgot to take it. This is very common.
Yesterday I forgot where I put my husbands cell phone, I had thrown it in the toy box! yikes
We ran out of Dog food so had to buy some yesterday morning. I forgot to have my husband unload it until last night... Dogs went all day without eating...
I will forget to make lunch...
I will forget about dinner until sometimes around 5pm so I'm trying to figure out something quick to make...
A few days ago I went to the grocery store, we were having a BBQ & I of course needed to stock up on other things... I left the store & forgot 2 very important items so had to go back in. I didn't remember I had a list until after the 2nd trip. I then realized I needed dog food but not willing to go into the store a 3rd time. It's a small town & people would notice lol So I went into another store to get it...
Anyhow, I can keep going... My fog is 24/7, never lifts, been like that since 99... But I have never been this forgetful, it's bad...
No body understands & I easily have someone mad at me or or make fun of my "blond" moment. ugh
Anyhow, I just wanted to complain... Anyone else want to join in
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: thefarm
angelwings54 (06-03-2011), monalisa24 (06-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: Forgetful

girl.. give yourself a break!..its okay!...your getting so upset about forgetting stuff your forgetting stuff ..you know..lol... not laughing at you..with you..

im the same way,,trust me..i just make lists..as for your medicine..use those medicine containers ,fill them like on Sunday nite an keep them where you'll see them.

have a basket and get in the habit when you come in put all keys and cell phones there...stop beating your self up...the dogs wont die...okay your son missed a game...happens!...put his schedule up on the fridge and have him and hubby look at it,tell them mom needs help remembering stuff,,,,and have hubby start getting the dog food on his way home or on sat. its to heavy anyways!

start delegating stuff in your life..if we do everything then they'll never learn how its done ...

Hugs little girl..ox

Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

lol Thanks
I just took care of birds. Forgot to put one of the dogs in his kennel... So, he eat all the bread I just bought, eat the food I set on the counter, broke an egg, unwound some plastic strip thingy my husband has, ugh... I think he has separation anxiety.
I tried the basket thing, hubby never uses it... That would mean actually putting something away, which he doesn't do. He doesn't understand any of my problems, not even the forgetful part. I just don't bother talking to him about it.
That's what I do with my daughters meds lol My problem is that a few of them look a lot alike... My Tramadol & Wellbutrin look sooo much alike. I have been trying to set my nigh time pill containers on the counter but still manage to walk by them & forget. The morning ones are easier, more of a routine.
I really should of put the schedule on the fridge. I left it on my desk which wasn't a good idea. I'll start doing that
I need to get in the habit of writing everything down & remembering to look at it... I just grabbed a small note pad. I'll start doing it & leaving it on the counter where I'll remember to look...
Thank You ♥ You gave me great ideas! I used to be so organized, I miss that...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

good girl.....will make it..together!..have a good day little girl ttys..

always your sister friend here..ox

Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

I have to use a medicine thingy with the days of the week on it. I cannot remember whether I took my meds or not too LOL! I also use a lot of post it notes at work!

The following user gives a hug of support to biogirl71:
monalisa24 (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Monalisa is right Tori, just let the small stuff go. I have to use one of those days of the week pill thingys or I would never take my meds, or take too many. I am the eternal dip****...I am better than I was, trust me I used to feel so horrible and thought I would just sit in a strait jacket in a soft room the rest of my life. When I stopped sweating the small stuff, learned to laugh at my idiot moments I found out I could actually remember stuff..I have forgotten so many important things. But my family luckily knows my brain is overcooked noodles..you learn to adjust and adapt. Us humans are great at that...Prioritize and leave yourself notes. I do. I have a sticky pad always within reach..I have a huge challenge coming up next week as I have a working interview at a local vet hospital and I need this job like a twinkie needs the cream filling..So I have to dig out my books and read up on dog stuff, I haven't worked with dogs in 5 years. I am not worried about the hands on stuff, drawing blood is a cinch once you have learned on a cat, and giving injections is a piece of cake, but the other stuff I need to familiarize. Not going to stress it though. If its meant to be it will be....And I love a challenge...so look at life like that Tori my love..You will be fine. Let people laugh at you, at least they are leaving someone else alone!!! Just kidding, you will be fine..Sending you hugs and lots of love from sunny Maine..I would send along some brain cells but I need the few I have left
xoxoxoxoxo
peace and love
Sandra

Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

your a cwazy rabbit ..Sandra...lol

did you say Twinkies? IIIIIIIIIII Wuve Twinkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck on your job thing,,fingers crossed an a pray for you girly!...

Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Your a Cwazy Wrabbit Sandra!......lol

did you say Twinkies?.............Iiiiiii Luv Twinkies...;p

Good luck on the job thing,,fingers crossed and a pray for you Girly!...

Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sunny! I'm jealous! It's raining here, Oregon, the state of rain lol
You're right. I just get irritated with myself... Doesn't help that when my hubby loses something (because he doesn't put stuff away) I get blamed, grrr
I have that problem of not remembering if I took my pills or not... You're both right, I'll get one of those containers. I'll keep the pills like Tramadol separate so it doesn't get mistaken for Wellbutrin. lol
Good Luck with the Job Interview Sandra! I'm sure everyone here will agree that we hope you get it! I truly hope you have a better boss this time also & that you enjoy it ♥
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 06-03-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Thank you thank you girls!!! And YES I said twinkies!!! Which are the best things since, well since I don't know when..I could live on twinkies, and would....I purposely DO NOT buy them...but oh they are so yummmm..

Sandra

Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have a Guinea Pig named Twinkie ♥ I would have to say Chocolate Ice Cream, yummm Course, I love any chocolate
I got a pill thingy & it's on my counter.
I have to wrap Birthday presents today. One of ours is turning 8 Saturday but she'll be away at Girl Scout Camp. So, she gets presents from us today & her party is next weekend. My Husbands family (mom, dad, sister, 2 kids) are staying with us for a week. They'll be here for her party.
Actually, we have 2 girls going to Girl Scout Camp & they are so excited! then my son played his last Little League game yesterday. Guess it's time to start signing him up for Soccer... Even though we payed a nice penny & Kaden alone raised $185 for Little League. They aren't giving them trophy's. The Coach was irritated so he ordered Medallions for the kids. We just have to pay him back which is only $5. It was nice of him to think of that. The kids will be happy. I'm not sure how the team ranked, but they won most of the games. Anyhow, I'm proud of my kids so had to share lol
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Last edited by thefarm; 06-03-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hooray for the kids Tori!!! I used to love little league way back when my son was playing, he always made it to the All star games following. Which was awesome cuz we got to travel around and see other teams play..The kids are happy with any little trinket of recognition, that is so important. Especially for a job well done..
Chocolate ice cream, I am drooling...I love Edys rocky road...I am due for an ice cream fix...
I have a guinea pig named Lily, but my stepdaughter had a hamster named Twinkie, she was awesome. Until her monster father flushed her down the toilet, alive..
Anyway, that is a past life..Congrats on the kids and enjoy your company!!
Don't work too hard!!! love ya girl!
peace and love
Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
thefarm (06-03-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooolgrl View Post
Hooray for the kids Tori!!! I used to love little league way back when my son was playing, he always made it to the All star games following. Which was awesome cuz we got to travel around and see other teams play..The kids are happy with any little trinket of recognition, that is so important. Especially for a job well done..
Chocolate ice cream, I am drooling...I love Edys rocky road...I am due for an ice cream fix...
I have a guinea pig named Lily, but my stepdaughter had a hamster named Twinkie, she was awesome. Until her monster father flushed her down the toilet, alive..
Anyway, that is a past life..Congrats on the kids and enjoy your company!!
Don't work too hard!!! love ya girl!
peace and love
Sandra
That is awful! The poor hamster... That's the kind of person who needs a taste of his own medicine. You know, an old friend of mine was sexually abused by her step father when she was really little. When her mom found out... She waited until he was asleep & sewed him in the sheet. She then beat the crap out of him with a flashlight. She was never charged for it when she had him arrested. The cops let that part slide lol
We have a bunny who was always anti-social. Always hopped away when we went near his cage. A friend gave us a guinea pig (Dezzy) & he fell in love. He now comes to the front of the cage & begs to be petted. We then got Twinkie. So now he has 2 friends & in heaven. He rubs his neck on them (bunnys way of saying they love you). So cute!
Have you even had Mudslide or Snickers Ice cream? Sooo good... Ice cream is a weakness so I try not to buy it. Only every once in awhile...
Thank You for all your support & kinda words Sandra I appreciate all the support. Seems like anytime I'm going through a rough patch, you're there for me ♥
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh Tori, you are too sweet. I always worry my words are pretty harsh. But in a loving way as long as you know that..Because I do care..I know how hard it is to be a mom to a bunch of kids, and raise animals at the same time. Seems sometimes the raising of the critters is easier than the kids. And then the husband part...I remember...lol. I love that story about sewing him up in the sheet. Brave brave girl!!! Wow, even I wouldn't have thought of that...My daughters used to exact little vengeance things like, cutting the teeth on the comb so it would be sharp, clogging up the sink drains. lolol...Where those girls came from I don't know..lol. I have heard of bunnies and guinea pigs getting on famously. How awesome. I had a cat who used to go sit in the bunny cage with the bunny. I also had a cat one time went and opened the parakeet cage and squirmed his fat butt in there and sat looking at the parakeet wondering, "what do I do now"....Dumb male cat..lolol...now I need to get some ice cream...lolol...you are a doll..be well girlfriend. xoxoxo
peace and love
Sandra

Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

You sound in better spirits Tori...

okay a week with family...okay take deep breaths and pace yourself,,don't over do it,,and vent only here,,kk? ttys..have a great weekend everyone...will be on our Motorcycle all weekend and Monday hubby's 13yr girl comes in for the summer..fun fun,,,not!...3 teen agers ohhh boy!...;p

Closed Thread