It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User
Petechiae from bug bites?

I have gradually been getting dots of all sizes mainly on my ankles, a few on my calf. It isn't a rash. Sometimes they are small like a red pen mark, sometimes they are the size of mosquito bites. But all of them are flat. Some look purplish. They do fade and go away.

A search online shows petechiae, which is related to blood vessels. I don't want to go to the doctor if I don't have to because I feel like I'm always at the doctor!

After a week of these I did see fleas. Has anyone had a reaction to bug bites like this?

Thank you!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Petechiae from bug bites?

hi stuff,
nope, but i do get the marks like you describe. if a bug bites me i swell up big and itch. any bug.
i get the dots mostly on my feet, ankles, arms and face. usually last a few days? i have had them for about 20 years. still here!
do what you think is best to ease your mind. hey, it's what doctors get paid the big bucks for. to be at our beck and call. giggle!!!
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

I get petechiae sometimes. Usually when I am taking too many NSAIDS. I bruise easily anyway. Sometimes I will scratch my arm or something and they pop up!!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Fleas?? Oh yes, you can be having an allergic reaction to them if you are being bitten. Benadryl is good for the itch, and little broken capillaries is not abnormal from bug bites. Especially if you are scratching....I assume you have pets if you have fleas, an application of frontline every month for 6 months continuously and the fleas will be gone. I am sensitive to insect bites, luckily I am right on the sea and the breeze keeps bugs away, plus we have a lot of bats and mockingbirds. Good luck!
peace
Sandra

Closed Thread