It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: wierd symptom ???

@FMLat33yo....im sorry your in that dark hole as i call it..was in there for a very long time...i still find my self there when the pain just wont lift. or when i have a virus on top of this ....which was from Sept 2010 till about march of this yr...all i can say is pace your self if you can, lay down as much as possible, but looked at your bio and i see you work full time..wow i couldn't do even part time work.

coming here helps, vent, talk with alot of really good souls here..we understand and we do care!..ttys
hugs Monalisa..

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
girlyo (06-24-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
girlyo (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
(female)

girlyo HB Usergirlyo HB User

Monalisa,
Just wanna thank so much for your support. It is a real dark dark hole. if I don't have enough stress that's one of the most stressful ones...and I have to use all my effort in 13hr shifts to not come across as sick nor even act it one bit. Always a smile and customer service is my #1 priority. I take my job so seriously...although the more I hear how many are part time nor can barely work at all and I'm asked often how can I do it....oohhh it is soooooo hard! I will suffer to provide for my 2 boys who are 9 & 14yo and I'm a single mom at that! I don't know how I do it. I'm out on a sick leave right now going on 1mnth and my md just furthered it to an additional month. But I pushed myself too much and now I'm really paying for it. Since the winter of 2009 I've been suffering and sometimes I lay here and ask is it all worth it to suffer to work to rest on my days off only to work & suffer again??? Yes, for my kids I will. I have to....I have no choice. But to be bedridden since I've been out I feel even more depressed that I feel I'm not there for my kids. Or like this morning the pain was so bad I couldn't go to my oldest son's football game. It makes me sad and a lot of other emotions. Now I'm just confused because my FM has been so awful lately I'm just in that idk state of mind. I really just don't know

It is hard...but I'm blessed to have 2 healthy kids and a job that allows me to provide as a single mom.
I can't give up....idk right now if my body is and I have no control. Scarey!!
Thanks again for ur support
~FML~

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-25-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Please adhere to the Posting Policy

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: girlyo
monalisa24 (06-25-2011), WoodsWalker (06-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

FML, If you are feeling this down and still on cymbalta is it possible this is not the right drug for you. The Fibro is enough to knock the best of us down during a flare up. As hard as it is, please try to focus on the positive things in life. You have enough stress with your job and kids don't put yourself on a guilt trip too. I'm going to guess most of us have gone thru our own sort of depression.
It took me a couple years of my own personal pity party to realize a big part of beating the beast down is to stay positive and not dwell on things I have no control over.

Last edited by WoodsWalker; 06-24-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I'm not a spelling champ, even with spell check

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
girlyo (06-24-2011), monalisa24 (06-25-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #19
(female)

Woodswalker I know what ur saying and I'm usually positive and count my blessings. Lately its been so bad due to added stress. So I've been out of work since 6/1 which I shouldve taken a leave when my body gave out on me during the holidays. I'm not on Cymbalta...I've never given my med list. So I don't think its the meds. U r right I am being too hard on myself and I admitt it. Even prior to your reply I admitted it to my kids Dad whom was able to get to my son's football game. Which I'm thankful for and he did say to me I can only do what I can. He knows I'm hard on myself always wanting everyone else happy and settled before myself. Its a huge problem that I have to overcome. I know I'll get thru this. Its been raining the past 3 days and I lay in my bed looking out the window in full body pain so a lot of my depression at this time is due to that besides being out of work and not getting better. I'm hoping I will gain a group of friends/supporters by being in this forum. Its all really new to me and I really appreciate the support I've gotten already. My kids and my bf just know I'm sick and its affected my family life. My bf thinks its impossible to be in so much pain and always saying I need a different doctor. But I've done my fair share of research and meds. So my meds aren't the problem...its me
With hopefully gaining friends thru this with people who actually understand what I'm going thru I think will help me the most......
So I look forward to chatting with all of you
And I hope to get thru this bump & not be alone
Thank you,
~FML~

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-25-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Please adhere to the Posting Policy

Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

LOL, it must be my bedtime. I thought I read you were on cymbalta..probably got stuck in my head from another thread. Mush brain. Have you given any thought to trying that or something to help get you past this phase.

This is a great place with many helpful caring people. There seems to be a never ending list to what we all endure. I hope you find the comfort you're looking for.

The rains been insane the last few days. What better weather to stay in bed all day.

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
girlyo (06-24-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
girlyo (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #21
(female)

Yea I'm getting sleepy as well...I'm sure it was another thread....I saw u responded to a Newbie male and really like what u had to say to him. It gave me comfort as well as your last reply to me. He was on cymbalta. And I'm on an antidepressant as well as an antianxiety med. Other meds too. For the fibro I'm on Savella & Neurontin also so pain relief....which we all know doesn't really work. I've been on Savella & Gabapentin for 2yrs since my FM flare up began although I had FM for years prior the flare up of full body throbbing pain I finally gave in and we have titrated those meds to very high doses. They seemed to work during the spring and summer of last year but work got pretty stressful with the flu season coming and having to set up flu clinics along with our regular daily work as well as the cold weather hit me fast. But I jst kept tredging and suffering until my body gave out the day after Christmas. It was bound to happen. Even my customers saw my pain and I didn't like that. So a pain reliever got me thru that no longer works and during the spring here in upstate NY it was cold and rainy and it seemed to make my FM worse and everything harder to do.
I look foward to what others have to say and all the support and caring for one another that I've noticed and I'm a Newbie who hasn't even wrote a blog nor a friends list...but all that doesn't matter because from your replies of advice and support and Monalisa's and more...I'm sure I'll get on a more positive note. I'm excited to be a part of this forum and look forward to hearing what people have to say or trying to help another with my suggestions. I think this is a good place to be
Thank you so much woodwalker,
~FML~

Last edited by girlyo; 06-24-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: oopsy daisy doesn't look like I proof read it nor spell check once again

The following user gives a hug of support to girlyo:
monalisa24 (06-25-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to girlyo For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (06-25-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #22
(female)

Its late and I guess that's one of my symptoms of FM alert sleep/feel more awake during the night. I have this symptom and its not that I rest a lot while I lay in bed during the day. It differs here and there esp with my wrk sched. But I just wanna say even with just our few chats and Monalisa's reply of support I'm already starting to think a lil more positive and it is really helping!! YAY!!! I'm sooo happy to have a support team whose knowledgeable, understanding, and caring. It feels great. I'm adding this reply even thou I already replied to woodwalker. Lol. Because I'm actually having these feelings right now at1:30am-1:45am Eastern time and I hope it continues. There's sooo much I need to do and get done that I hope I will get some or most of it done after I wake up...I don't want to stay in bed all day even thou my extreme full body pain and fatigue keeps me there along with flu-like symptoms....it is because of the lil support I've received so far has got me thinking positive and not beating myself up. This is a chronic illness, something I can't control. But I have control over myself and I need to take that with good faith that I will syeer myself in the right direction.
Thank you all so very much,
Many hugs ~FML~

And btw again no proof read or spell check..sorry

monalisa24 (06-25-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #23
(female)

Hey

I am in and out of rest so I'm jst letting you know if I don't reply promptly it is cuz I'm in full body pain and tryna rest...I will check the message board as I'm in and out of rest. For if anyone with the extreme full body throbbing pain & fatigue will usually say they don't rest well. Usually REM sleep...hmmm not looking forward to the weird vivid dreams & nightmares ...

Thank you so much Monalisa,
~FML

Last edited by moderator2; 06-25-2011 at 12:01 PM.

monalisa24 (06-25-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #24
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

dont worry about replying..we all know how it is..get some sleep!..tty prob monday..weekends here are crazy..3 teen agers you know..lol...

Old 06-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #25
(female)

Hey...I hear ya bout the weekends esp with end of the year parties for the teenager! My FM symptoms of flu-like symptoms with the low grade fever and sore throat along with the throbbing full body pain & fatigue has kept me glued to my bed this past week. Its like crazy glue I'm stuck ...Enjoy your weekend!
~FML~

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: girlyo
Glojer (06-25-2011), monalisa24 (06-26-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi FML welcome to the board. I know I am coming in here a few days late, but I know anyone with fibro understands we can't always keep up. This is a wonderful place to come and vent and to help others. In other words to join in and get support. We all understand. I also have the flu like symptoms, that is my everyday thing. Allergies this year have been especially bad, but then so has the rain and bad weather.

I noticed you said you were on Savella, for a while it seems. That is an antidepressant and should help with any problems that way. I just tried Savella, but it was not the right drug for me. I took it for about 3months. It made me feel worse and I don't mean pain wise, just overall health wise. It did not help my pain at all. My rheumatologist wanted me to try it for my increased joint pain. He and I are not communicating on the same page right now. That's Ok we go through these stages....giggle.

Just wanted to tell you to hang in there, we are all here to help. I am glad you found us, hang in there.

Glojer

The following user gives a hug of support to Glojer:
girlyo (06-25-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
girlyo (06-25-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #27
(female)

Thanx so much Glojer for your warm welcome. Its greatly appreciated esp during this rough time. I'm resting at the moment and of course like most other times the person I'm replying to has signed off. No biggie thou cuz my fingers hurt and I rather not chat right now....at least not so much. I look forward to chatting with u. I feel this is the place to be, however, its hard for me to chat now. I know I def need u guys and all your understanding of FM and all of your support that I've already gotten. After your very nice reply I decided this is def where I want to be! So thank you Glojer!

Your right I should try something else maybe Cymbalta instead of the Savella. For a while I noticed the Savella work great. It gave me some energy back and minimized the pain and it also allowed me to focus...it was great. But I also am in the middle of changing ins and I have a 2 months supply of the savella so I'm gonna use it up then maybe try Cymbalta & hope my new ins will cover it. Lyrica did absolutely nothing for me but make me wanna eat every 10 minutes. I gained so much within 3wks and had bad GI symptoms of bloating, gas, and constipation. I was even being congratulated as if I was pregnant! LOL. That's how fat I got! But bc I have to boys 9 & 14yo I have the major stretch mark tummy which allows fat to accumulate there 1st. I so miss the young lively body I used to have. Which leads me to what kind of excercises does every1 do to dec the weight gain?....either from meds or being so achey and not so mobile. I got to get rid of sum of this fat. Eat & lay down is a def way to pack on the pounds & that's basically all I can do..I'm sure with the help from my friends here, that I'm very thankful to have found you all, and possibly some lite yoga I can turn this fat into zero or gain some muscle mass. Yea that great body I had b4 kids and now this chronic illness. Uugghh

I am so tired and babbling on and on..Lol...So Glojer doesn't the flu-like symptoms along with the allergy symptoms wear u down more than u already are? Because since this flare up which has been going on for a while along with those symptoms I am out of commission! Laid up every day. And the coming and going of the low grade fever is nough to make me feel like I actually have the Flu virus but don't ! Does it bother you as much as me or not so much?

And yea the whole being on the same page with the Dr is a constant battle that I feel as well...but sometimes every once in a lil little while we are actually on the same page. It depends I think on how busy they are that day and how attentive they actually are to any concerns that are brought up? It all matters if we r on the same page too. So I'm so with you on that!

I'm tired and don't spell check nor proof read so I hope I didn't ramble on and on bout nothing. I jst type on my blackberry off the top of my head. So I apologize now for no spell check! Lol
But Glojer I am def happy to be here and have your support. It feels great to have support from a group of people who care and understand. I love it!

Thanks so much! And we'll chat soon,
~FML~

Last edited by moderator2; 06-26-2011 at 05:45 AM.

monalisa24 (06-26-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Hi and Welcome,

Yes, I get the cold/flu like feeling when I go into a flare. I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have had it longer than Fibro. The cold/flu like feeling tends to go along with CFS. Do you have that also?

Pam

Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
(female)

Hi Pammyann,
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't been actually diagnosed with CFS. But I'm sure I have it. A lot of the symptoms are the same with each syndrome. And even with FM flu/cold like symptoms are symptoms as well. So I'm not certain that I have CFS but I def have FM and I'm suffering a great deal right now. How were u diagnosed with CFS and how much longer after were u diagnosed with FM?
Thanks again for the welcome,
~FML~

Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I was never officially diagnosed with CFS until I was diagnosed with FMS. However, I had horrible fatigue, weight gain after the birth of my 3rd child in 1992. I am pretty sure that is when it really started. I have also had very weird symptoms even in childhood. My dearly departed Daddy was never diagnosed with CFS or FMS, but most likely had it. Also, his mother, my Granny too had what she called "rheumatism" and took nerve pills for it.

Closed Thread