It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

TessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB User
Unhappy Boredom & Depession

Hello FM pals-

Just wondering if anyone has a lot of boredom and depressive thoughts from not being able to go outside and be active and feeling totally useless and nothing interests you anymore--Aaaarrgh!!! I really just can't stand myself.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: TessaAnne
angelwings54 (07-05-2011), monalisa24 (07-05-2011), VintageKym (07-04-2011)
Old 07-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
(female)

Minnie826 HB User
Re: Boredom & Depession

Totally understand girl! I feel like I'm such a Debbie Downer sometimes, I'd rather keep to myself. Hoping the feeling passes soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie826 For This Useful Post:
TessaAnne (07-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

I definitely cannot stand myself half of the time, either. Don't know how my hubby does it!!

Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi tessa,
bored yes. depressed no. it used to get me down but i learned to be content with what i can do and focus on that aspect of my life. as i am able to do less i remind myself there are still things i can do sometimes. just in smaller doses and less often.
i found for myself meditating for hours a day fills the "boredom time" in a soothing way. i often go "away" for hours at a time. it fills the day with thinking of others and their needs. i still paint and take pictures when the magic flows.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
TessaAnne (07-05-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I remember going thru that. I call it my own personal pity party. It does pass, but you have to get proactive and fight back. I forced myself back out into the world and after a bit my attitude got better.

I learned that I'll never be what I once was and do what I can when I can and not have guilt trips when my husband has to step up and do more cause I can't. My new motto is, life is what it is and make the best of the bad deal I was handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (07-05-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

angelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessaAnne View Post
Hello FM pals-

Just wondering if anyone has a lot of boredom and depressive thoughts from not being able to go outside and be active and feeling totally useless and nothing interests you anymore--Aaaarrgh!!! I really just can't stand myself.
Hi TessaAnne, I do get bored and very depressed. I do get out a walk my dog per drs. orders. It helps with my pain. Maybe you can contact your local health clinics to get into thearpy that has really helped me. I have FIBRO along with Cervical Arthritis and Major Depression. It's not fun I'm still trying to accept it and I'm working on it. I miss all of the things I used to be able to do. I now go to the library and read more which I enjoy. I hope u find something that does interests you. Gentle Hugs!!!! - Laura

The Following User Says Thank You to angelwings54 For This Useful Post:
TessaAnne (07-22-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

TessaAnne , hi im sorry things are sad now..i was that way for 4 yrs but now i try and find happiness in what i can do..before i never got out of bed, now im never in bed but to sleep..lol sleep ya ok like we can sleep...anyways ...yesterday my hubby and i went for a motorcycle ride, ok your saying you couldn't do that . well 3 yrs ago i couldn't of either or so i felt...i just do it, yes im in severe non stop pain ,have been now for 7yrs..

4 yrs on meds ....an coming up on 3 yrs drug free,,in the same hellish pain 24/7 but ive decided to live this life the best i can,

so back to what i was saying about our bike ride,.... so hubby knows i just love rivers, so we stopped on the side of the road an hiked just a few feet down to a beautiful river sooo nice,,
so climbing back up almost killed me.... but i did it! but was thinking while almost passing out, that back yrs ago i really didn't think id ever be able to do these kind of things again.........but i am now...

i think what im trying to say to you is ( and please don't think im preaching to you or feel im trying to hurt you in anyway..PLEASE!)...im just saying Hun please don't give up on your Happiness....we can still live and do things,,but maybe just now in little baby steps...

hope this doesn't come across as me being mean..i really do care...
Hugs Monalisa..oxoxox

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
TessaAnne (07-22-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Ugh, always to much to do, never bored. Frustrated today. I've been gone every day. Loved floating in my parents pool! I'm usually stuck in the house trying to get stuff done & going outside to only take care of animals. But, I've been popping Tramadol & IB Profren to get through it so I can enjoy the sun. I'm soooo paying for it, so grumpy. The house is a disaster cause we haven't been home, so have allot to do today, but feel like crap. Hopefully I'll get some stuff accomplished...
My 2 oldest are supposed to be with their dad for summer vacation, 1 week. But, my oldest didn't want to stay, so picked her up yesterday, supposed to be there till Friday. So, she gets to help me get the house clean
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
monalisa24 (07-05-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User

I'm in the same boat. Been stuck at home for 6 months with nothing to do, and no energy to try and do the things I love. It makes a person depressed. I have yet to accept my Fibro and how it has changed my life, but I know that I have to work through all of these emotions and then I can work forward. You can do the same and we can both learn how to see the happy things in life, k?

The following user gives a hug of support to Cerene:
monalisa24 (10-31-2011)
Closed Thread