It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

mommalovesmira HB Usermommalovesmira HB Usermommalovesmira HB User
the worst "fibro" pain EVER!

yesterday night i couldnt fall asleep until 3:30 because my arms and wrists and neck were THROBBING like ive never felt before. i even too trazodone and had a beer hoping it would make me pass out because i was so exhausted.

i woke up at 5:30 this morning in crippling pain. its burning and throbbing really bad. i would go to the er but theyve seen me about 2 weeks ago and ive been there 3 times because of the pain. i dont know why my pain is flaring up! i didnt do anything out of the ordinary! it makes me wonder if this is really fibromyalgia. ive had x rays, blood tests and an mri all showing nothing... im so broken hearted. i can barely get up to go pee because my body is hurting all over. typing this hurts. and i have a toddler to take care of. im really afraid. i cant live in pain like this much longer, its so severe.

The following 13 users give hugs of support to: mommalovesmira
biogirl71 (07-28-2011), caribear (07-24-2011), catkaru (09-08-2011), dakaboston (09-09-2011), elle45 (09-13-2011), fairy1963 (09-17-2011), janiee08 (09-07-2011), KarenHaston (09-12-2011), MeganV (07-29-2011), monalisa24 (07-22-2011), sunshine555 (07-23-2011), syberdeeva (07-31-2011), thefarm (07-29-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: the worst "fibro" pain EVER!

welcome..im sorry your having a hard time...hot baths and getting up an moving always helps me at that point so i dont just dump out a window..sorry i hav to make fun of myself or id do just that...i dont hav little ones 2 raise ,as im 48, but hav 3 teen agers..so it cud be about the same..lol...wink wink..lol...i dont work, ive been in this fibro hell all my life but non stop 24/7 for 7 yrs now...i dont take any meds anymore ,did for 4 yrs totally drugged up on both oxys but pain meds dont help us, at least they dont 4 me...i pace myself and at nite i have a drink or 2..which does help...ibuprofen can also help with the feeling like your laying on a cement floor at nite,along with melatonin...ttys....hang in there!

hugs..monalisa..

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
mommalovesmira (07-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

When I read a post like this, I get hopping mad!!!! If your doctor is not helping to remediate this pain so that you do not have to go to the ER for relief, then you need to make a change in doctors. ACK! I cannot believe you are suffering so badly and not receiving better care than this. PLEASE, please please, let us know how you are doing. Do something to help yourself and do not accept this state you are in. You hear!!!!??? I really care about you and what you are going through . . . (mama has spoken, as my kids would say)

Kirstee

The Following User Says Thank You to kirstee For This Useful Post:
mommalovesmira (09-07-2011)
Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Hugs and prayers for you, mommalovesmira. I know exactly how you feel. I have been in agony lately, too. Don't know how much longer I can go on like this, either. Change docs if yours does not help you. That is what I am planning on doing if I cannot get my pain meds increased. NO ONE deserves this. xoxoxo Feel better! Di

The Following User Says Thank You to biogirl71 For This Useful Post:
mommalovesmira (09-07-2011)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
(female)

mommalovesmira HB Usermommalovesmira HB Usermommalovesmira HB User

thanks to all... i did try switching drs. but i guess i started out on the wrong foot by asking for pain medication in the first visit... i ended up sobbing and asking if she didnt care that i was suffering. then i just felt stupid!

ive been on lyrica for 6 months (with a contantly increasing dose) and savella for 2 and my pain seems to have worsened... i saw a pain management dr. and he pushed around on my "tender points" because i told him i didnt have 11 and then told me i dont have fibromyalgia. he prescribed physical therepy (which i have already been doing!!!!)

im so frusterated i could scream but im too busy crying. i havent been able to watch my daughter in 2 weeks because of the pain and im worried the state could take her away since im a single mom and dont have alot of family here (just younger 2 sisters and a very crabby dad).

my old doctor said she could check me into the hospital but i didnt want to do that without checking with my neighbors first (they are the ones watching my daughter) so thats where im at right now... it seems stupid to have to check into the hospital when i know pain medication works for me.

im getting referred to the mayo clinic but i know it will be at least a 3 week wait.. theres NO WAY i can live through 3 weeks of this!!! so i guess im going to have to check into the hospital, seems strange theyd even let me check in but i suppose i havent tried it yet and anything is worth a shot...

i got a call the other day from a woman asking me why id been to the ER so many times in the past 2 months... i couldnt believe theyre allowed to make calls like that!!

sometimes i wonder what the point of chronic pain is... i understand the point of momentary pain thats warning you to get your finger off the hot stove.. but chronic pain like this??? my body has been trying to tell me something is wrong with it for the past 6 months, no wonder its just getting worse, nothing has been treated!

*sigh*!!!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: mommalovesmira
Foxy Brown (09-19-2011), monalisa24 (09-07-2011), thesweetlife (09-07-2011)
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Im sorry its came to this point. im not here to say this is correct or this isn't but from my own experience, going to the Hospital is a waste of time. you need to find a Dr Now that gets whats going on, trust me you'll have to do the work and find someone that fits your needs. as for me like ive said before here, pain meds aren't always the answer. yes for some its the difference between life an not living but sadly they don't work for us all and in fact make us feel worse. i hope you can find the help you deserve.

always know were here for you...

Hugs, MonaLisa...

Old 09-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Maybe one of the reasons you're flaring is due to the seasonal changes - I always flare here in the UK as we go from the end of summer (ha ha we never actually had a proper one of those - again!!) into autumn - I think it's due to the changes in pressure - so I'm really really tired and hurt (lots more than I did a week ago) so heading up for a long hot bath for relief - hang in there as 3 weeks in the overall scheme of things isn't long (I know it feels like it is right now!!!) And keep us posted as to what they say - I've heard great things about them x

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
(female)

tuttobella HB Usertuttobella HB Usertuttobella HB User

I have been there so many times as well, early morning seems to be the worst for me as well, and I cannot take anything like valium at that point because I have to wake my kids in an hour and get them ready for school and then I go off to school. Sometimes if I get in a nice hot bath it will relax me enough to get going for the day, but its important to get the right doc to try and help your pain the best you can. I hoe your feeling better!
Mindy

Old 09-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
(female)

Rayne07 HB User

I am sorry to hear how much pain you are in and having the sole responsibility of a young child. It can definately become overwhelming and unbearable at times. I've been there.

Please let us know how your visit to the Mayo goes. I have been suffering from severe and unrelenting pain from head to toe without let up for weeks at a time and then I only seem to get a couple of good days a month. I don't understand it, and having had this for many years, I know just to to cope best I can and rely on several medications to help me through.

I actually was going to the Mayo about 3 years ago for testing they have some pretty amazing Doctors there. Please let us know how it goes. Sending you good wishes ...

Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
(female)

PorcelainChild HB User

Did you end up going to the hospital? When I'm at my worst I basically beg my mother to take me to the ER but she chimes in 'there is nothing they can do for you there' every single time. So I was wondering what they were able to do for you if you got admitted. Mostly because my mom has convinced me that it is useless and knowing otherwise will definitely convince me to not put up with the pain next time.

I went to the Mayo down in Jacksonville for help reaching a diagnosis. Yep, there are to Mayo Hospitals if you can believe it (and they are affiliated with one an other). I don't take opiates for my fibro but I do take them for another pain condition and Mayo's staff treated me like I was a junkie. It was absolutely insane. There policy on pain killers was so conservative that you basically had to be dying for them to approve of a patients use of them. Now I could care less whether they approve of my use or not. I know I need them, my pain doc knows I need them, and anyone who spends more than a hour with me knows. I don't know if it is the same way up in Minnesota but I do know that Mayo (meaning all Mayo Hospitals) are against the use of opiates in the treatment of fibromyalgia in all their published literature.

I am surprised that you were ever diagnosed with fibro in the first place. You are only supposed to be diagnosed with fibro after they have exhausted all other possibilities AND you have to have widespread pain not just pain in your upper body. It might seem like they have done a lot of testing on you but xrays, mris, and a bit of general blood work is barely the tip of the iceberg.

The reason why the pain doctor didn't treat you is because he isn't the type of doctor who diagnosis illnesses. They only help manage the pain in people who have been previously diagnosed. It isn't fair but you have to look at it from the doctors point of view. Anyone could walk in and say they were hurting but without any proof even any diagnosis there is nothing to separate a person in legitimate pain (like yourself) from someone who just wants to get high. I'm sorry you had to suffer because people trying to get a buzz have made pain medicine docs less and less trusting. I hope you are able to get some answers from Mayo.

Closed Thread