It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User
Hi everyone!

Just thought I would drop in. I wanted to update all of my friends and say "welcome" and "hello" to all of the new guys! I have been trying to keep up with the posts, but as with everything, it is a bit overwhelming at times. I am flaring like mad!! The pain is so bad now that sometimes I cannot even breathe. But, I am praying for a better tomorrow!! I have been preparing for my appt. with the "big" doc on Aug 1st at the pain clinic. I have been putting together sort of a letter. Actually, I am tying it out like a letter, but it is more to keep me on track when I talk to the doc. Like I am presenting my side of a court case, LOL. I tend to get off track and emotional and I have too much to say. My hubby is going with me as an advocate. He is very concerned about my well being. Here are a couple of excerpts from my "letter" as I plan to ask for an increase in my meds:

I understand perfectly that we cannot keep increasing my pain meds indefinitely. I do NOT want to progress to schedule 2 drugs anyway. I also understand that it is not the protocol of this office to treat fibro pain with opiates. It is not my first choice to treat it with them either. However, nothing else is working. I understand protocol and all since I follow certain protocols at my job as well. But I also realize that one protocol does not always work with everyone and sometimes we must deviate. It is my belief that opiates should be used as a last resort and I feel like I am there. This level of pain on a daily basis is really altering my life.

I would like to increase my pain meds. I will not ask again as, like I said before, I do not want to move to schedule 2. I have done everything that was asked of me by this clinic. I have spent every penny my husband and I have on doctor visits, supplements, and foods. I have tried the diet and supplement (which help with the fatigue!) and would very much like to continue working with Dr. C. I trust the docs here and want to continue to be a patient here. I am not giving up other treatments by any means. I am not sitting on my fanny just popping pills. I do not deserve to suffer like this. No one wants to go up on the meds, but WHEN DO YOU SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! When I am crippled and unable to work?? Or crazy in the head from the ongoing pain? Will it be enough then? This is my life.

I don't know how much sense this makes, but the whole thing is too long to post!!

Anyway, I love you guys and will try to keep up better!! xoxox Di

Last edited by biogirl71; 07-23-2011 at 07:14 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to biogirl71:
caribear (07-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Hi everyone!

Sounds like you are putting exactly how you are feeling in the letter. That is what I would do, and do when I talk to one of my docs. Good Luck at your docs appt., it is nice your hubby is going with you. Having someone else to listen and remember things is good.

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
biogirl71 (07-25-2011)
Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Hi girls. I agree with Glojer. Sounds beautifully put Di. I absolutely understand where you are. I am working over 40 hours a week, happily, but without the percs, flexeril and neurontin on board I would not be able to do my job. And you know how grueling being a vet tech is. Holding onto struggling hundred pound dogs, crawling on the floor trying to draw blood on the same moving target and cutting nails is incredibly physical. I only hope I can stay at this level for as long as I have to work. Moving to the next level of opiates is not an option for me. I do find myself taking that extra perc from time to time, usually at bedtime. All the while worrying about my liver. I hope you get some peace and pain relief and understanding. If only we could be each others doctors or at least pain med providers. I love and miss you all. I have not been on the computer much these days, I come home physically exhausted and take care of my babies here and go right to bed. I hope you all are doing well and surviving the heat. It has been brutal here in Maine, we hit 100 the other day, and that is a record for here. Sending love and light and healing energy and karma to you all. xoxoxoxo times a billion
peace and love love love
Sandra

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: tooolgrl
caribear (07-24-2011), monalisa24 (07-25-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
biogirl71 (07-25-2011)
Old 07-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Sandra, I am so glad you got this job, tho!! Yes, vet tech work is grueling! Gotta stand on your head to draw that blood sometimes!! LOL, I remember those days. I like to take Detoxilean, which is a cleansing complex periodically. It cleans your liver, too. You should try it! Anyway, I have had a horrid day! Pain, pain, and more pain! Catch ya later. xooxo Di

Old 07-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

butterfly kisses and bunny hugs for a better day girlfriend.
bubba is purring healing thoughts for you. me too!
peace and comforting hugs,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
biogirl71 (07-25-2011)
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blue, thank you...I really needed that. I am crying today, I am in so much pain. My OB did not get my birth control pills called in in time (I am going to take the ones that you take every day for 3 mos and then have your period). Now I am having a period and the endometriosis is going crazy. It is raining and I am flaring something awful. I had to take extra pain medicine and will have to explain myself to the pain docs when I go if they count my pills. I HATE this. I feel like such a criminal or something. I refuse to go to the ER like last time. Bad, bad, bad. Thanks for the vent time!!! xoxo Di

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: biogirl71
bluelakelady (07-26-2011), caribear (07-25-2011)
Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
(male)

wildkingdom HB User

buttin heads with the docs over meds when all you want is relief sssuuuxxxx!!!!
most of us have passed the "fun" level with our meds and are just trying to live. hope all goes well, the letter should help.

The Following User Says Thank You to wildkingdom For This Useful Post:
biogirl71 (07-25-2011)
Old 07-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks, wk!! butting heads gives me a HEADACHE!! LOL! Oh well, I hurt all over anyway...why not my head, too! Enough is enough. Here's a scenario: You wake up in the middle of the night in horrible, horrible pain. You can #1 suffer, stay up all night, miss work the next day because you are so sick with pain or #2 you can take an extra pain pill, sleep, and make it to work the next day. Hmmm.....whaddya do?!?!? I bet I know what the doc would do... Hheheheeh! Di

Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Di you are one smart cookie, I think you will be able to convince the docs that you are intelligent enough to handle your meds. I do the same with my sleep meds. Some nights no matter what I can't go to sleep with the regular meds. When it gets to be 1am and I have been battling it since 10 or 11pm. I say, the heck with it and go for extra muscle relaxers or sleep meds. Muscle relaxers no problem, doc gave me a larger script to take care of that. Sleep meds are controlled and you are only allowed exact amounts. My doc gives me 30 and there are only 4mo. with 30 days in them, 8mo have 31 days and my ins. co. won't fill them to the last day of the script which is the 31st. Believe me it takes some very intelligent thinking to get it all to work out some months.

Glojer

Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope you are right, Glojer! Oh, and insurance is worse than docs!! I have a coworker (and good friend) whose hubby is in horrible horrible pain due to back surgery gone wrong. He has a pain pump and takes 3 oxycontins (sp?) a day. Well, insurance will only pay for 2 per day. The DOCTOR prescribed 3 per day. Hmmmmm......They are working on a solution but meanwhile he is suffering because they cannot afford out of pocket. VERY sad. xoxo Di

Old 07-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Di, that letter is perfect. It explains exactly how you feel and any Dr would be a fool to not read it and take it as you meant it to be, the truth on how you feel.

My fingers are crossed that you get what you need to function every day.

It took me over 3 years to get my rheumy to prescribe me tramadol (which really does not get all the pain, but it's better than nothing) in an amount that I can take it daily if and when needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
biogirl71 (07-26-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi, WW. I started out on tramadol. It helped some but I could not take it daily cause it started making me have headaches and feel weird. Have you considered pain management?? Don't know if that would really help 'cause look at all of the trouble I am having and that is where I go. It has all gotten so political. Not much about the patient in true pain any more. Thank you for the support! It is much needed. Today was not as bad as yesterday, but just barely. I was in tears at lunch. Took some meds but that stresses me out cause of the fear of being accused of abuse or something. The whole thing is stressful. Oh, how I WISH WISH WISH that the diet and supplements had worked on this pain! xoxo hugs and such, Di

The following user gives a hug of support to biogirl71:
Glojer (07-26-2011)
Closed Thread