It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
(female)

inkerbelle HB User
Lyrica tapering

Hello,
I've been on Lyrica for about 1.5 years at a max dose of 75 mg twice a day. Because I'm on so many other meds, I decided I wanted to get off the Lyrica. My first attempt (several months ago) was just to stop cold-turkey, which was a big mistake! I've now been tapering down over the course of a month and am down to 25 mg taken once at night.

I am noticing increased pain and some nausea, which I expect. I plan to continue on the 25 mg for about another 5 days, but I really don't know what to do after that. I was thinking of doing 25 mg every other day, and then every third day, etc.

I wondered if anyone had successfully tapered of Lyrica and how they handled getting off the last dose? I am also on some benzos and other boards recommend doing water titration, but I am not familiar with how to set that up.

I'd welcome any feedback on how to handle getting off the final dose with as little discomfort as possible.

And for anyone thinking of starting Lyrica, while I think it has been moderately helpful for my FM symptoms, I have found that the benefits of the medicine have been outweighed by the side effects of trying to come off the medicine - it is very potent and not worth the harmful effects on the body, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Marie

Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
(female)

dakaboston HB Userdakaboston HB Userdakaboston HB Userdakaboston HB Userdakaboston HB User
Re: Lyrica tapering

I hate to hear you're having so much trouble. My best advice to you would be to work with your doctor to titrate you off Lyrica. He will help you if you need something for the nausea or other side effects. Taking yourself off a medication w/o your doctor being involved is never a good idea. Side effects you may have could be avoided with your doctor's care.

I hope this helps. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread