It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Neck pain, cutting hair?

My pain centers in my neck, shoulders & upper back. I have longer hair but is thin. I have naturally thick curly hair bit it has rhinestone I think because of my thyroid. Its half the thickness it should be.
Would it make a big difference if I cut my hair? I'd hate to cut it & not notice a difference. I've been trying to grow my hair since I was a teenager. It is brittle & breaks which is why I can get it really long...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

tuttobella HB Usertuttobella HB Usertuttobella HB User
Re: Neck pain, cutting hair?

I have recently grown out my hair, I can tell you from my personal experience that when I had shorter hair still had the same pain. I prefer it longer now because I dont have to take the time to style it, I can pull it in a ponytail.
Mindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I've never noticed any change in neck pain as the length of my hair changes.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You!
I would hate to cut it for no reason... I usually put it back. Sometimes I have to let it hang loose at home because the ponytail hurts & can be so uncomfortable... Without gel it's frizzy. My hair loose straight. But when I'm going somewhere, like out to dinner for instance... I love doing my hair, with some water & gel I fluff my curls in. Makes me feel good about myself
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I had long hair when I was young and wore it shorter for many years. I could not grow it out. My hair is naturally thick and course. My hair was dry, brittle and fell out a lot until they diagnosed my thyroid, then my hair has grown very nicely and doesn't fall out so much. Myproblem right now is my scalp is so dry, itchy and scaly. I have tried many shampoos and such but it doesn't seem to go away.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I have short hair and it doesn't make my neck and shoulder pain any better. I have always had thick hair, but thyroid and age has thinned it a little. Right now I have my thyroid pretty good and my hair is looking and feeling really healthy, but my neck is still sore and hurting.

Last edited by Glojer; 09-16-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: had to finish my thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
thefarm (09-17-2011)
Old 09-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Tori dont cut your beautiful hair!...its the muscles an tendons around in that area..have hubby or you can massage your shoulder joint, forearm. hang in there....

your friend ..mona..ox

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
thefarm (09-17-2011)
Old 09-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You everyone
Just so tired Of my neck & everything hurting all the time...
I wish chris would help me around here but It's like pulling teeth to get him to do stuff. He's far from lazy but he is always busy with stuff. Helps everyone else but I wait weeks, months & even a year. Lost about 25 hens this summer because he hasn't fixed the chicken coup... My brother in law move in 3 months ago. The deal was him staying here & us paying his car insurance while he looked for a job. He's not trying very hard to find one, sleePs most of the day & parties all night. I hate asking for help but when I do, he doesn't always do it... Here it is after noon & he sleeping still... I asked him to feed & water birds yesterday & he did a crap job. I was trying to get stuff done then went behind him to too them off... Ugh
I talk to him yesterday & hope I got somewhere...
Anyhow, I've had chris rub my back, neck & shoulders, always hurts me. He complains saying that didn't hurt or I didn't press hard... He doesn't get it...
I thing I'm alittle down in the dumps today. So exhausted & sore. Don't want to move but I have to go take care of birds... Ugh
Sorry to ramble...
I won't cut my hair
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
dakaboston (09-17-2011)
Old 09-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

@ Tori...Its ok hun were here for you! always know that we love you!,,,

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
thefarm (09-17-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Tori, something I thought of the other day and wanted to suggest to you. My neck has been hurting and down in my shoulder etc. I remembered that the only thing that got rid of the actually neck hurting was the chiropractor. She kept cracking my neck until finally it felt better. Of course she was also doing back adjustments and acupuncture. Anyway thought about you when I was realizing that I needed the chiro again and thought I would suggest it to you.

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
kirstee (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You
I was seeing one for a little bit before I was diagnosed. I have a severe degenerative disk it's like an L-5 or something like that. I had bone rubbing on bone when I first started. My back was off in 2 places which I don't think ever got fixed. There wasnt a whole lot he could do because of the pain... I also have mild scoliosis & arthritis. But my back probs are all in my lower back which is why another dr thought I was nuts when I started complaining about my upper area hurting. Lol diagnosed not long after
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: thefarm
Glojer (09-19-2011), kirstee (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tori you sound like me, DDD, scoliosis, bulging discs. I have the hip misalignment and the shorter left leg. I don't have bone on bone though, that is painful. I really think when we get out of alignment even in our lower back, it messes up our upper back and neck. The other thing is you have had a lot of stress lately with visitors and all, that can mess up the neck real bad too. Hang in there, I will send you some healing energy.

Glojer

Closed Thread