It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
(female)

danileigh83 HB User
Unhappy advice/support please?

It's been awhile since I've been on here. Mainly because I'm planning my wedding. I'm slowly spiraling down into some sort of depressed blob of sweet pain. Let me explain what I mean by that. I was dx'd by my former employer in 2010 although I've had symptoms for years. In that time I've gotten severely worse. I'm dizzy on a daily basis, I've gotten so bad that I have to hold onto things to walk so I don't fall. A few days ago I had 2 days in which my legs wouldn't hold me up and everytime I tried to open my eyes they rolled back into my head. I was quite scared! My poor fiance had to practically carry me into the house the one day. I have found that I have become dyslexic. I say and spell things backwards. My anxiety is increasing due to me not being able to speak properly to people because I forget the words I want to use. I am a CMA and I graduated with a 4.0 from school so this is really disheartening for me. I've always been the person people come to for health advice and I can't even think of the words to explain things. Example: Pancake....simple word right? I asked my fiance the one evening if he wanted......um......you know the things you put syrup on....they're flat......you eat them for breakfast. Seriously now come on! My hip joints hurt SO bad! If I sit for more than 10-15 min I get so stiff, but if I stand for more than 10-15 min my back hurts. The only time I don't hurt is when I lay in bed.....I'm 28 I shouldn't have to lay in bed all day to get relief from my pain. The pain is now also disrupting my sleep. My sleeping pills no longer work so I lay there in pain hoping to fall asleep. I'm taking Gabapentin 300 mg twice a day. It started out as once a day, but as with all of my other meds it lost it's effectiveness within a month. And now low and behold the 2 pills per day aren't cutting it. I also take Flexeril which you might as well just throw that out the door because it doesn't work worth nothing. I'm so tired all day, which my family dr said I'm vit b12 deficient. I've been taking the b12 pills now for about a month and I haven't felt any difference in my energy. I did have 2 inj of b12 but there is a shortage of the injectable b12 accross the US so I can't get those. I've had a headache for a month straight now. I can't get it to go away. I'm on Mobic for my Plantar Faciitis so I can't take Aleve or Ibuprofen and Tylenol does nothing but increase my liver enzymes. I'm Type 2 Diabetic and my blood sugars are crazy!!! I've been going to an endocrinologist and he said to me he can't do anything with me until I show him I can control my sugars on the meds I am taking now. If I could do that do you honestly think I'd be traveling 2 hours one way to see him? I'm still unemployed and my fiance is the only one working. I feel SO horrible that he has to work and I'm at home. I've tried multiple different jobs, but I'm so unpredictable with my pain and fatigue that the employers just don't want me. Including my last employer who by the way is my Rheumatologist I see for my fibro. Ironic, yes? Does anyone know of any place that is hiring people to work from home. Please....someone help me....?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: danileigh83
biogirl71 (09-20-2011), dakaboston (09-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User
Re: advice/support please?

Hi, dani!! I remember your earlier posts. It is good to hear from you but not good that you are suffering so much. I bet the extra stress of planning your wedding is not helping. I wish I know the answer, I would help all of us. The only thing I know to do about working from home is just to search online. I know there are a lot of things that people do online...like sell make up and that sensy stuff, but I do not know how reliable it is. I know that you can do medical transcription or coding from home, but am not sure how hard that would be on someone who is ill. I do want you to know that I understand how you feel, my daily life has become one big struggle with pain and exhaustion. My meds are not working as well as they should. I have been doing a lot of online research about chronic pain, trying to come up with ideas on how to deal It is so hard. This place here is a lifesaver. Please know that I care and am praying for you and sending you cyber hugs. Keep us updated if you can. xoxooxoxox Di

The Following User Says Thank You to biogirl71 For This Useful Post:
danileigh83 (09-20-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I am so sorry you are so young and suffering. I am 50 and was diagnosed last year, but looking back, I have had it for years. All the odd symptoms make sense now.

I dont' have any real solutions for you looking for jobs, as I have been trying too. All I can do is offer my support and let you know I feel for you and hope you get some relief somewhere soon.

Maybe someone else can better help you. good luck and keep coming back and letting us know how you are.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
(female)

tuttobella HB Usertuttobella HB Usertuttobella HB User

Oh honey I feel for you!!! Its just awful to have these feelings so young and planning a wedding....I got remarried last summer and it did wear me out. I am lucky my sisters and Mom helped a ton, but still just the normal wedding stressors take alot out of us!! I can tell you if you get a honeymoon, I had a week of only half the pain I normally feel it was wonderful, because I just got to lay everyday all day on a beach and people waited on me!! It was so nice!!! But the planter warts uggghhhh I had those last summer and they are awful! They add so much pain to your regular pain. Have you seen a podiatrist? I had to have mine burned and scraped three times plus them I also had to use a medicine I purchased from him to finally get rid of them. I would also talk to your fibro doc and see about getting a stronger pain med to go along with what your taking, alot of us on here do have to take them.
Good Luck!
Mindy

Closed Thread