It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
(female)

Nrthngrl HB User
late or missed periods???

Hi, I have a question for the ladies. Does anyone have irregular, late or missed menstrual cycles? Is this a "common" issue with fibro?? I quite often have heavy periods with lots of cramping and this could just be me, not necessarily fm, but my latest concern is the opposite. I am 16 days late for my period. My cycle is usually pretty dependable. It's not likely that I am pregnant (tubes tied). I am a month+ into a flare up of fm and cfs, and onto my second cold in 4 weeks. First cold lasted 3 weeks and now just starting another one. I understand my body is stressed because of the flare and colds, but a late period??? I read somewhere online that irregular/late/missed periods can be a "common" issue with FM, so I wanted to ask this to real people that can answer this with personal experience. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: late or missed periods???

hello and welcome,
someone will get on here and help you. i just want to say hello. i am post meno and of no use to you. giggle. did you do a home pregnancy test just to be very sure your tubes are still tied? have you seen your gyn recently? was every thing normal?
peace,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Nrthngrl (10-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
(female)

Nrthngrl HB User

Thank You for your welcome and your reply bluelakelady. I haven't done the preg test yet, I keep thinking I am starting to get it, cramps etc, but then it doesn't arrive. I will pick one up tomorrow when the pharmacy is open. (small town, hehe) I have to go in yearly for a gyn check up and that is coming up soon but my last one was ok. Thank you again for your reply

Old 10-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

Talk with your gyno about endometriosis. The symptoms can mimic fibro! You can have pain throughout the body. My father in law is an OB/gyn and just talked with me about this because I am having a hormonal component going on with my fibro. You fit the description.

The Following User Says Thank You to chicabella For This Useful Post:
Nrthngrl (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome!
I know what you mean... Mine got irregular back when I just had CFS symptoms, I was 18, 31 now. Pregnancy triggered it so I blaimed hormones many times. Wasn't diagnosed till I was 30, after FM hit. Also triggered after having my last child. I started wellbutrin & that really threw it out of wack... Are you on that? I've had periods 2 weeks apart unto 8 weeks apart... These days it's getting alittle more regular but I always spot between them. My period cramps have also gotten worst... I am especially crampy just before it starts...
Anyhow, stress, hormone imbalance, having another problem like low thyroid (I have that), & meds can throw it out of wack...
Hope this helps!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
Nrthngrl (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
(female)

Nrthngrl HB User

Thank you!! I am going to make an appt to get into see my dr as well as my gyno and talk to them about what is going on. I too had a regular cycle and two weeks later had another complete heavier cycle earlier this year. I have some very heavy bleeding during a few cycles as well. I figured this lack of a cycle was just another gift from FM. My dr tested my hormone levels and he said they were ok and he didn't think I was going into early menopause. I am 43.
I am currently not taking any full time meds and have been dealing with this last flare up by taking lyrica for 4 days recently to get me through some really rough days. Also taking nortriptyline to help me sleep. I haven`t been on lyrica and cymbalta since the begining of the year, both seemed to stop working for me after 6 months or so. (Cymbalta was hell to come off of) I tried welbutrin but that was a few years ago. I have become quite sensitive to meds have also become allergic to many as well that I have tried like most anti-depressents, flexiril, tramacet, endocet, codiene, ibuprophen and anti-inflammatories. I take demerol and valium for pain.
These last 5 weeks or so have been awful. I was aware that I had a flare starting up, numbness on my face, numbness in my toes, aches getting worse and more frequent, feet hurting, headaches, muscle twitches, etc, but I didn't slow down enough and then I caught a cold. Ended up having to take some antibiotics, which in turn ended up with a yeast infection, and then my back went out on me.(which usually is in timing with my period arriving) cold took 3 weeks to get better and in comes another cold??? And now no period!!! Yes I am stressed
I will go in and see my Dr again and see what we can do to get me back on track.
Thank you again so much for your replies, it does help me alot.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
(female)

Nrthngrl HB User

Just an update...............two days and two preg. tests and both are negative!!! I have like a two week wait to get into my Dr. I'll see if I can get in earlier tho.

Closed Thread