It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User
One sided pain

Does anyone here have problems on one side? My rheumatoid doctor was leaning toward a Fibro diagnosis for me. I still need to clear more tests. I am mainly impacted on my left side, though muscle twitces and spasms are bodywide. I am having a lot of GI problems. I get dizzy, lose visual acquity (on-and-off), and have tender spots that feel like bruises but there's no discoloration. Some of the tender spots are off the Fibro map, others are not. I have IBS, had that for years, but it's been really acting up. Lately, eating is so bothersome that I try to just nibble. The muscles on the left side of my arm are so sore, feels like someone hit me with a bat. I am not extra tired, never have been, but I am sore and stiff and it lasts most of the days.

I'm about to go back for another round of tests as we do the rule-out that we started last year.

I had neurotin but stopped it, thinking I should start taking it again. I do know that the Xanax seems to help me with pain, I take a super small dose because I don't want to be tired.

Anyway, curious if there's anyone else here that has one-sided problems. For me, it's my left side.

I met a woman on this board last year who did, I'd love to find her on this board again and hear from others. I'm going back to the see rheumatoid doctor soon

This wearing me out with anxiety and worry, been going on for more than a year now, really started with a bad series of colds the year before and I had a small window where I felt good last summer, which rapidly closed down on me on Nov. 4 last year and it's been hell since.

I did just get some epidural steriod shots for the neck pain but they did not work long. I am not doing that again, I can't anyway.

Last edited by mamasnug; 11-02-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: One sided pain

hi,
when you have your tests ask for the sjogrens blood test too. it's one they don't do and i wish they did cause i have it and it's been there years doing it's damage unchecked. the symptoms are very much like fibro and easily missed.
mine is my right side. i have ablations, injections, nerve blocks and massage. for years i thought it was fibro only to find out i was wrong. it's my spine and sjogrens. next step is a neurosurgeon and possibly surgery.
from the beginning tho it was my right side that went the weakest. i hope you do not have fibro. i hope you are fixable! do eye drops help your vision?
peace,
bluelakelady
p.s. welcome back.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User

I tested negative for Sjogrens. I have a great neurologist. I should be going back to him soon. I hope whatever this is, it's fixable too. I am not well, my husband isn't either and we have a young child with special needs. I'm pretty scared by all this. I was on the fence today about going to the ER I hurt so much, but my kid is sick and home from school so, for the next two days, I'm not going anywhere. I smile and act like nothing is wrong. That is pretty hard to do.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
so glad to hear you were tested. i also have a special needs child. well, he is 33 now and considers himself a man. he is living on his own for the first time. talk about worry!!! giggle. i am sorry your husband is not well. healing hugs for all 3 of you. glad you have a good doctor. they are priceless.
i shall continue to hope you do not have fibro. it is not an easy path, however with time and learning your own body it can be managed. i have had it for 17 years. adapting to the pain comes with time, patience and breath.
many hugs to you. being the mother of a special needs kid is hard work, yet i would not trade my son for any other human. he is so sweet. my babyman. i love that he still calls me momma.
peace,
blue

Closed Thread