It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #46
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Ck and IgM raised and nerve conduction test results

hi shaddow,
you will have competition in the 2012 sleep olympics! giggle. me!
not laughing about waking with a stuck mouth. try having dentures and dry mouth! i have peeled tissue off. giggle. i find it ironic that i wake with a glued mouth. my mom always said she was going to glue my lips together! giggle.
there are mouth moisturizers that aide saliva production. i use one and it does work. it's called oasis. i have mouth wash and spray moisturizer for on the run sprays.
spent the night with daughter jess, took her and crysten (17 year old granddaughter) to dinner then we "dropped in" on another daughter and her family. surprise! had a blast. came home after mri test and crashed hard. worth it tho. methinks i shall snooze the weekend away. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 12-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #47
(female)

shaddow HB Usershaddow HB Usershaddow HB User

Hi Blue
Its sooooo good, is'nt it, I mean the good times, I personally luv um. So pleased you had a good time. There so good.
Well I could continue about the good times, in fact I will cos I had a good time too, at said grandsons carol service/nativity.The signing was brill I signed to about 150 parents and grandpapents and their disabled children, whom I just have to say were more than good they were brilliant, bought a tear to the eye and a lump to the throat.
When you have enjoyed yourself it so lifts you and helps you cope.
Oh and said coldsore fizzled out, what a blessing.

You no I thought I would be the only woman alive who could wake up unable to talk because my mouth would not work, seems I was very wrong. Thank you so much for the advice/tips so appreciate it.
Had it all today numb hands, very painful toes, chest back arm pain and &%^%$$%%T^T eyes. (sorry for bad language) But am still smiling.

Question- can a blood test show if you have sjogrens?

Have a good Sunday.
sunshine and smiles

Shaddow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #48
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi shaddow,
yes, a blood test will answer the question about sjogrens. unlike fibro it can be "seen".
so glad the kids had fun. delighted you had fun too. it is worth the fallout of today! giggle. slept 5 hours yesterday. it was heaven for my body. her was tired! pampering my body and mind this weekend with the peace filled quiet of autumn turning toward winter.
i have a special needs son. i can relate to your emotions. he is 33 and still calls me mama.
use your eye drops often, like every 2 hours if they are really bothering you. you can't over use the eye drops, giggle. also a warm, not hot, wet cloth over the eyes after you put in drops can feel good. or cold if you prefer. whatever your eyes ask for.
perhaps i will start baking today for next weeks end at jess's. we are breaking tradition and i am baking vegetarian lasagna, chocolate cream pie and of course banana and pumpkin breads, peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge.
made my donation in the name of my kids and grandkids. no presents. i give to the homeless instead and tell them about it. my family has more than enough, so many do not. the grandkids love it, so do i. no shopping for junk and my babies learn to give instead of take. best of all i don't get any gifts to dust the rest of my life, giggle.
blessings of a day without your eyes bothering you, giggle, or the rest of you!
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
shaddow (12-18-2011)
Old 12-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #49
(female)

Hi Blue,
Thank you for answer to ? and tips you are brill,
I love the 'no presents and donating 'I would give that a go not sure if my family would'. I do support childrens hospital and however much is raised there is always a need for more..... There are so many people out there who have nothing which makes me feel guilty. And then at times like this (christmas and all trimmings) it is so easy to get carried along with it all. So sometimes it is good to stop and think of others.

I have never tried banana and/or pumpkin bread, never tried pumpkin....

We, hubby and I have been to middle daughter her husband and our other two grandaughters today. We went to chapel to a carol service, chapel is next building to their house in the wilds of Wales on the top of a very large hill surrounded by mountains, views so amazing. Then had supper with them, all so GOOD.

I am going to have to stop and have a compleat rest cos pain is so bad tonight and smile is starting to vanish and I cant be anything but good for Xmas as we have friends comming for lunch, and lady is all but house bound and not well at all, her hubby who does everything for her, they have no family now.
Then on 26th our three daughters two hubbies one partner, twins (ill grandson and his sister) and two grandaughters are all comming to us, that will be sooooo Good.

It has taken me 3/4 of an hour to write this, just have no energy.
It sounds like you enjoy your family like I do, (mine are my life) .
Hope MRI went well other day, take care.
sunshine and smiles

Shaddow

Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #50
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
you are a busy girl. take a rest for a few days and get your smile back. must keep that beautiful smile alive and well. hope your eyes feel a bit better after your rest. the rest of you too!
never had pumpkin? i do mine from the whole pumpkin, delish! wish i could send you some of my breads, giggle, i'd get you hooked on them.
today will be a long day. forgot my meds last night and was up most of the night wondering why i was not sleeping. giggle. one doc today for results of blood work and mri, then home to maybe make fudge or bread. must keep to my schedule. i was a busy girl yesterday. baking, visiting with my beloved neighbors, changing bedding, vac the room, 3 loads of laundry. i passed out at 7, woke at 8, remembered my poopie med and out i went again for 2 hours. up and down all night. visited the stars and moon each time i woke. it was beautiful to be outside in all that quiet under a canopy of stars, the waning moon casting soft shadows off the trees. sometimes not sleeping can be a beautiful chance to visit the night world. last night was perfect.
yes i am a family girl. creating memories for those days after i leave this existance is important to me. want my babies to have tons of memories to laugh about all their days. being a grandma is ever so much fun and very little work. giggle. so much easier than being a mom! giggle.
the views you describe sound beautiful. i have visited wales online, along with many other countries. love the googley earth program! had a dear friend on the isle of wight. another lovely place. so green!!!
rest peacefully today.
peace,
blue

Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #51
(female)

Hi Blue,
I know someone else who is busy her name starts with a B and ends with an e, understand she is a whizz at baking.
I am going to have to pace myself these next few days,and like you said we need to pace ourselves, and take plenty of rest.
I am not in so much pain today thankfully and eyes are not as bad, I did not get up untill 10-45am, so that helped.
Going to visit a friend in hospital tomorrow and having a hair cut. Then friday I am going to a funereal by myself.

I do hope you remember your meds tonight, as you need all your energy to do all that baking, although you do paint a lovely picture of the night.
I love home baked bread and cake never seem to get round to it.
My next appointment at hospital is middle of january, have not seen dr there since results of nerve tests, so will be intresting to see what he says.
have a good day.

sunshine and smiles.

Shaddow.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #52
Facilitator
(female)

dear shaddow,
may all who attend the funeral find peace within as they say their final good byes. my heart and empathy to you. a visit to a friend in hospital. bless you girl! that is energy worth gifting away. delighted to hear you are doing better.
i had to laugh at myself when i read your post. i thought who is she talking about, duh? giggle, thank you. figured out it was me! not sure i am a whizz tho, giggle, i seldom eat what i make. i just love to bake and cook, not so much eat. others say what i make is good and that's what counts. if i ate all i bake i would be the size of a small house! it's the earthy smells of food filling the house that feeds me. my nose has a better appetite than i do!
can't remember if i told you the mri came back showing damage in all three areas of my spine. mild to moderate damages, only with sjogrens it's an issue. blood work shows signs of my body eating herself. antibodies are misbehaving. i expected it. looked up the results and it can be malnutrition, sjogrens or lymphoma. doc and i talked about it and both feel it's diet and sjogrens. sometime in march i will be seeing a neurosurgeon to see if any of the spine is fixable. then i get to think about if i want it or not. giggle.
remembered my meds last night. slept well. only one night walk with a silver sliver of moonlight to guide me.
the bread i make only takes about 30 minutes to prepare and an hour to bake. the fudge will be labor intensive tho. giggle. maybe after i take my car to her doctor today i can get at least one batch made. depends on the weather. if its cloudy i will bake the other bread today and start the marinara sauce. i keep reminding myself i have all week and not to hurry or worry about getting it all done. giggle.
take care of you. remember to breath deep and slow when you gad about being there for others.
peace,
blue

Old 12-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #53
(female)

Hi Blue,
Sorry to hear that your MRI results were not good, I shall pray that there is something that can be done to help, I shall keep positive for you.
I know I'm not the brightest, but could you elaborate on the 'sjogrens issue' please, why does it make things worse?

Friend in hospital much improved , though still a little confused.
I have felt very stressed since I came home and all shakey inside, do you ever feel like that? And that is prob why I have loads of pain, But I'm still smiling see, and to be fair that is quite a good likeness of me.

When we got home we found our Xmas tree fallen over, all dec's on floor with a load of pine needles. I had to strip off what was remaning and decorate it all over again.... but to be fair I think it looks better now than my first attempt.
We are traveling to our youngest daughters and partner on Xmas eve (2hour trip)and she wants us to stay the night, only asked us tonight, but I need to be home in time to get Xmas dinner on before friends arrive, not sure what we will do yet. Then middle daughter asked if we can have her girls boxing night.Just need twins mum to ask for something then we will have a ........FULL HOUSE....
Well still wide awake, plenty to do and it is mjdnight (tuesday) not sure what time I will get to bed!

You have a good night.

sunshine and smiles
Shaddow

Old 12-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #54
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
when you give much of your energy to another in healing it can leave you weak and shaky. no doubt you took some of your friends confusion with you to ease her burden. it will pass. your energy will return to you. breath deeply. yes, i experience this every time i spend time with someone in need. sometimes that someone is me and it just happens. relaxing, slow deep breaths, a nice big glass of water, and remembering my smile always brings me back to secure footing.
bummer about your tree, tho having it come out more beautiful makes one wonder if the tree decided to fall over just to get a re-do. giggle.
be safe in your travels and a full house. giggle. there is a reason my house is so small. i'd be up a creek if they all wanted to come at the same time. i had a house big enough and we did have some crowded fun times.
my blasted peanut butter fudge did not set up. dang! sure does taste good tho. wil try making balls of it later and freeze them. frozen fudge is good too. giggle. pumkin bread came out great. hope the chocolate sets up. i think it was me. did not cook it long enough. i knew when i poured it out i messed up. darned if i wasn't right! oh well.
taking my daughter to santa rosa tomorrow for a ct scan of her skull to see if surgery will help put her eye back in her head properly. she has graves disease.
oh, your question. elaborate on sjogrens. the reason it makes a difference is sjogrens attacks your fluid producing cells, membranes and organs. so a nerve without proper lubrication is more apt to scrape, swell and react to minimal damage in the area. dry nerves become hypersensitive. the discomfort can be disabling at times. i'm pretty used to it, however, it would be cool to have something fixable, giggle.
remember as you hustle and bustle thru your week to breath and take frequent breaks to just sit and clear your head for a few minutes. giggle, and of course use your eye drops even if your eyes are feeling mostly okay.
peace,
blue
i awoke at midnight and went outside. crisp frosty night. beautiful sliver moon smiling down, stars twinkling. stars twinkle more in winter, i wonder why? giggle. no answer expected. giggle. bye bye . . .

Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #55
(female)

Hi Blue,
Thank you so much for your explanation on Sjogrens. It made a lot of sense.
So sorry to hear about your daughter, and hope all goes well for her, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

That peanut butter fudge sounds lovely, can almost taste it. I have a very good imagination ......

Well I am hoping for a nice quiet day tomorrow just pottering , I had a good nights sleep last night in fact the best I have had for such a long time, so felt good today, though am really tired now.
It was cold here last week or so but has turned much milder now, even had some watery sun today which was lovely.
I don't know why the stars twinkle more in the winter, but you are right they do,have never noticed before.

Yes I think you are right about Xmas tree, and it's escapades i'm thinking it was trying to escape christmas and decorations....see told you I had a good imagination.... We usually have an artifical tree but thought we would have a real one for a change, and I had a real bargain in fact I had it for nothing in theory, I gave the farmer some money to get himself a drink, tree is in a bucket of soil as well,so I was well pleased.

sunshine and smiles

Shaddow

Old 12-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #56
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
delighted you got a good nights sleep. they are a treat! giggle. how are you feeling today? rested up for the long weekend i hope.
your tree was trying to return to the forest, giggle.
doc with daughter went very well. seems my wilting look last time did the trick. he behaved perfectly. her eye has to stabilize for 6 months before surgery can be done, if needed by then, to put her eye back in the socket deeper. so far muscles don't need surgery yet. it was a lovely day, clear and almost warm. got up at 4am, got home at 7pm. finally crashed out after 10. a bit tired this morning. much to do tho. bake that pie and put the lasagna together. decided to forgo the chocolate fudge.
grand daughter wants the gooey peanut butter fudge. she was so excited yesterday that we are having christmas together. me too! giggle. grand son was a bit put out when i reminded him no presents from me. he'll get over it. his birthing day is jan. 3 so that's when nana will shower him with goodies.
i hope you are able to take it easy today and tomorrow so you can blow out awesome on sunday! giggle.
peace,
blue
ps how are your eyes feeling?

Old 12-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #57
(female)

Hi Blue,
I am so pleased your daughters app with Dr went well, gosh what a long day you had I would of been on my knees no wonder you were tired. How are you feeling ? Dr appointments can be so stressful and when it's your daughter it makes it so much worse, I hope you will be ok for the weekend also.
I went to the funeral today very moving and so very very sad. I did not go alone a friend came and picked me up and bought me back home.
My hubby has his birthday on 3rd jan.How old is your birthday boy going to be?
My one grandaughter sent a letter to santa up their chimney , her mum told her that she may not get a reply. Well her mum (my daughter) asked me to write one to her (from Santa) so I printed one off added snow flakes and presents on the paper then scanned it with the scanner lid slightly open which gave the paper a blue highlight, and if I do say so myself it looked quiet good.
Well we called in on them tonight and the first thing my g daughter did was to show me the letter , she was thrilled, she is only 7.
My eyes have been a pain today ,almost fell, and headachs these last few days with the pain in both sides of upper chest goin down arms, BUT I really do try to keep smiling.
today I found it so hard not to cry, but I knew that if I did I would have a job stopping.
We are off tomorrow lunchtime to our youngest daughters, she lives about 2 hours away, we are staying the night then driving back early xmas day ready to cook dinner for our neighbours, so I will not be on PC for a day or to so.

may I wish you and all your famliy a very merry Christmas. have a wonderful time.

sunshine and smiles
Shaddow

Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #58
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
you save that good cry for sunday evening when everyone leaves and you are free to experience your reality fully. deeply sorry you are having a rough time. delighted you did not fall down! healing hugs on the breeze from me to you.
love the letter you made for your g daughter. she will never forget it. she will forget the gifts, the day, the moment, but the memory of that letter will stay with her all her life.
how am i? good question, giggle. mostly good and the rest is acting. i am a good actress. got a few blister things in my mouth, split lips, crusty dry eyes, hey i'm beautiful! the usual aches and pains, mostly in my arse. yes, i am a pain in the arse! giggle. slept good last night.
got the pie done early and the lasagna done late. decided to do a french pastry too. yummy. made 2 so i could eat some. my grandma used to make it this time of year.
my grandson will be 14 on the 3rd. bet hubby would like to be 14 again.
funerals are sad. that's why i don't go to them. i politely decline invitations and say my goodbyes in my own way, alone. after my dads funeral when i was 21 i swore off. have attended a few, but only as a speaker. i am glad you were able to be there and share the moment with all who loved the person who has moved on to higher ground. may all have peace in their hearts.
my silly kitty is calling me. time for love and wet kisses.
peace,
blue
ps. i will be out of town till monday. see you next week!

Last edited by bluelakelady; 12-24-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #59
(female)

Hi Blue
Hope you had the best christmas ever. I am pleased you are beautiful, sad about your pain. pray you have had some painfree time.
Hubby is not sure if he would want to be 14 again,i would though.
we had 10 plus us for tea today ( I did not realise I owned so many crocks) grandson was so excited to see his cousins, he was such a good boy and i think he had a good time.i did pass the parcel game plus others with them, we all joined in. much laughter and squeels of
delight, it makes my heart sing with joy to see them all.
two grandaughters staying the night with us.
Headachs and all over pain set in before family arrived, still with me after a load of painkillers, i really think that all the rich food makes me feel worse, and the lack of sleep.

I pray that you and yours have a brilliant 2012, with more painfree time, more answers to unanswerd questions, more peace, joy and love.

sunshine and smiles

Shaddow

Old 12-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #60
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
anything off our routine can toss us into a flare up. holidays definately alter routines. giggle. bummer it hit before. sometimes you just have to put on your happy face and tell fibro to go hike the andes! sounds like you had a fun day filled with laughter. best medicine there is, laughter. drugs help too, giggle.
with jess sick we had a quiet gentle day. i cleaned house for her, little things, fold laundry, make the bed, clean up the kitchen. that was my gift to her. the food was for everyone. crysten had to work a few hours so we held all till she got home. enjoyed the meal, watching the kids open their 1 gift each with joy for what they got, taking pictures of course! giggle. joe dislikes the camera as much as i do. i did get him to hold still for a shot of the family. bless him. i do understand camera shy.
saw friends i had not seen in a decade and a pleasant time was had by all. will be going for a sleep over visit soon. i had not realized how many people missed me being around. time to surface again and be cared for ever so gently by my friends of old. i stepped away years ago due to my health requiring me to step back and reasses my life, how i spend my energy and why. i believe a decade is more than enough time. giggle.
janruary is girlfriend month for me. looking foreward to time with my love sisters.
my gift to me is today. a massage! sure wish i could send you my lovely lotus and zen to take your aches away. they are the golden orb of my health care.
my face looks better now. giggle. a day of complete rest helped restore my brain balance again. no sadness, no worries. life is a beautiful state of being, giggle.
peace,
blue

Closed Thread