It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #61
(female)

shaddow HB Usershaddow HB Usershaddow HB User
Wink Re: Ck and IgM raised and nerve conduction test results

Hi Blue
the best gifts in all the world are the ones that cost a little time and no/or little money. It is such a shame that more people dont realise this.and how much better the world would be if they did.
i phone my ant in canada, she is my late mums sister, when my mum died i decided to go visit her, am so pleased i did, i am the only family member here that keeps in contact.
i am sure my mum had fibro, she would say that she had pain most everywhere, she would be fine for a while then it was as if something came over her and she would be depressed, and in pain.she was never told she had fibro.
all i have wanted to do today is sleep, did not get up till 10am then took grandauhters back, slept on and off all afternoon/evening.lots of pain, eyes,chest arms back, poped pills ate chocolate (tut tut) latter made me
january sounds fun,enjoy,
off to bed, not sure how many pills i took, not at all sure i took double, wont do any harm, i may get a good sleep now.
all i want to know is who invented fibro, and why could that someone invent something much simpler , and nicer.
take good care of u.

smiles and sunshine
shaddow

Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #62
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Ck and IgM raised and nerve conduction test results

hi shaddow,
you make me laugh. a nicer, easier fibro? don't we all wish that?? giggle. it's time for you to crash out and rest. after the past couple of weeks with you being so busy it's not surprising you hit the wall hard.
take your meds, but maybe write down that you took them? giggle. be sure you hydrate often and take little strolls about to keep from locking your body up. lots of fresh veggies and fruits between bites of chocolate of course!
healing hugs and peace,
blue
ps. you are fortunate to have your auntie. i bet she is a sweetie. my moms sister could ride a broom quite easily. giggle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #63
(female)

Hi Blue
Thank you for the huggs really appreciate them.
Yes my ant is a real treasure, she does tell me things over and over but if I live to be her age 94 I am sure I would be far far worse.
You are funny (broomstick) it made me smile.
I have not reached bottom yet, but not far off tonight, BUT saying that I am sure as there are people out there so much worse than me.

One thing I must stop doing is telling my hubby when I am in pain.
Off to bed now,
take care of u

sunshine and smiles
shaddow

Old 12-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #64
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi shaddow,
sorry to hear you are having a rough go. sometimes it's best to say to those who love you things like, doing great, fantastic, not so hot, another one of those days, and my favorite, best stay away from me today, giggle.
i don't have a husband but i do live with my brother. just this morning as he noticed me in and out of the loo over and over, giggle, and asked if i was having a rough day. i said, just one of those days. i figure if i get sick of being me and hearing me gripe about how i feel so does everyone else. i seldom talk about it. after all these years i don't need to tell my brother how i feel for real. he has seen it enough to figure it out and if he misses the signs and asks for more than i can do i just say, not today unless you want me to really make a mess of things. he laughs, smiles and waits for a better day or does it himself.
it's hard for men to see people they love hurt. they can't fix it and men are fixers. it frustrates them that they cannot fix us. i also protect my mom, sis, kids and grandkids from my reality. i only show the happy me that loves being alive no matter what her body may be doing. after all, that is who i really am. i am not my health issues, they are just an aspect of me.
glad you laughed about my auntie. she used to live up by me and i was stuck seeing her for my moms sake. then mom set me free of that so i have not seen auntie since. she moved further south to be with one of her daughters. my poor cousin!!! giggle.
there are always others worse off than us. that does not diminish our discomfort, nor lessen it's importance in our lives. it does however, remind us to be glad we have what we have and nothing more. when i feel really punky i think of starving children, displaced humans, and our own homeless brothers and sisters. i focus on that and my pain melts away as i send energy up to those in more need than myself.
i also meditate a great deal. i like to think, giggle, can you tell?? giggle.
go have a beautiful day!
peace,
blue
ps. another daughter is coming today to do some house cleaning for me! i am so lucky!!

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
shaddow (12-29-2011)
Old 12-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #65
(female)

Hi Blue

Thank goodness I have been able to write you, I have been having terrible trouble trying to reply, but all seems ok now.

At the moment you are the only one I can talk to about the problems of fibro.
And as you said who wants to hear someone constantly talk about it!!!!
Not that I do go on about it, when I do mention it I get no or little response.

For solong I had nobody to ask and nobody to listen and nobody who understands, so I thank you so much for being there, for all your sound advice and for all your words of wisdom.

I so look forward to your reply.

I have no mum, dad, sisters or brothers, the only one who really asks me how I am is my youngest daughter, she is so busy work wise,goes all over europe with job,so I try not to say how I am. She is my rock. the only one that bothered to find out all she could about fibro.

My husband does not understand it and so therefor did not bother to even read up about it. SORRY I am rambling now.
What a wonderful daughter you have you must be so proud of her.

I must try and show the happy me the one who really does love life and people. I think I have just been so down I was unable to be my real self, I think I must concentrate more on others and put this thing to the back of my mind.
Thank you so much for your help
Well I hope your grandson has a wonderful birthday on the 3rd.

Take care of you.

sunshine and smiles

Shaddow

Old 12-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #66
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
i remember being all alone with my health fears. i got a shrink. he showed me an alternate path i could take and i chose it. it is hard to have no one to listen when we do need to talk. i talk to myself most of the time. i discovered i am the only one who really gets it so i seperate into 2 of me and we talk about how our body is feeling. it's a short conversation, giggle. it always makes me laugh tho. the logical me is very funny when we talk.
when i got my head on straight about my "new life" plan, giggle, i realized i had to reach out and touch others who were in that same sad, lonely place i had been in. i was not depressed, i was alone with a body i no longer knew at all. it was scary. it unhinged me for a good bit of time. loved my shrink and friend gary. it was he who reminded me i am never alone in my journey. i have me to lean on.
tho i do not talk to my mom or sis every day knowing they are there for me is a gift i do not take lightly, nor abuse. it has to be really rough for me to call my sis. she is my rock. giggle. she raised me while mom worked.
daughter jack came and so did daughter amy. after cleaning we all took a cheese and cracker break to chat. about an hour before they both left i realized i was just worn out and not really very good company. thankfully the girls get it and don't expect me to entertain them. mostly just listen.
all of my children please me, each in their own unique way.
i do want to thank you for sharing yourself with me, for choosing me to be your listener. giggle, tho you do have to listen to me back, giggle, lucky you! i am deeply honored you feel safe sharing your feelings with me and all of us here. believe me we have lurkers. hi all! giggle.
yesterday i slept the day away. my son called early in the morning and i was already back in bed. i sort of remember saying, sleeping, call later, and hanging up. he's used to it too! i think a day or 2 more of good rest should restore my inner balance and reduce the discomforts i am having.
good grief i talk too much. giggle. you have a delightful day. if you see a flower smiling at you, it's me!
peace,
blue
ps. my grandson has asked me to donate to wild animal protection for his birthing day gift. wish your hubby happy birthing day for me. it is hubby, right? giggle. bye bye brain!!

Old 12-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #67
(female)

Hi blue,

I feel really honered to share your thoughts , I will listen to both of You, because I know that --- ' You know what you are talking about'. and after reading your replys things that were bothering me all seem to make sense,and i can deal with them in a better way,and for that I THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH.
THe sun shone here for a short time this afternoon it was so good to go in my garden, the heather was in flower and smiling. i went in and did some gentle streches, went back in garden and breathed the clear air felt so good.

I have an app with rheumatology dr on 22nd jan not sure if i should ask if i can see a neurologist about loss of feeling in feet and up siide of leg. I have just thought about what I said then and have come to the conclusion that if he cant give me a satisfactory answer then I will . Does that sound logical to you.
I have started giving myself answers to my own questions, maybe i should listen to myself more, I think I have been lost in the pain and stress of everything.
I have been so depressed of late am on meds, dont want to be, but need to be at the moment, but maybe the fog of stress is lifting,
Thank you for being there.
May the winter sun shine down on you

Smiles and sunshine on it's way to you.

Shaddow

Old 01-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #68
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
sometimes all we need is for someone to turn on a different light in the room to see more clearly. thank you for the kind compliment, blushing.
your garden sounds beautiful. love heather in bloom. love gardens and all plants, giggle. wise of you to go outside for some fresh air and sun. we had a lovely sunny day yesterday tho the breeze had a bite in it. i rested all day like a good girl, then baked banana bread so the house would smell yummy.
isn't it funny how you can ask a question and just in asking the answer comes to you? i love that when it happens. yes, see a neurologist too. don't ask, tell, politely of course. if a doctor ever says no to you tell them you want whatever you want for your peace of mind. it works every time for me. after all is not peace of mind and body the goal of medical treatment? yes it is! all of my doctors have adapted to my way of doing things. that brings huge peace just knowing the answer will never be no and if it is i get a good reason why no is the answer. sometimes i agree, sometimes not. if i do not, we do what i want just to shut me up!! giggle. i don't shut up till i get my way, ever! tee hee.
depression is so difficult. it gets in the way of logical thinking and action. it teases one into doing nothing and being miserable. i feel fortunate that i do not live with depression. i am one of the fortunate few who are not wearing a ball and chain of depression along with a body out of sinc. my heart goes out to you and all our friends here who cope with depression. i cannot imagine and when i try the world goes black and sticky, slows to sludge within my mind, so i stop! horrid feeling.
the sun will shine down today, thank you ever so much. a good day to meditate on the past year, reflect on those who left their bodies and the loved ones they left behind. it has been a difficult year for many of my friends.
blessings of peace within that grows stronger each day of the year,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 01-01-2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: queen dorkett moment, giggle

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
shaddow (01-01-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #69
(female)

Hi Blue

Thank you again, Yes you are right about depression..... one moment I feel quite ok, then it's like a big black cloud comes over me, like everything seems so difficult, so wrong, my dear mum suffered so bad.
Now there seems a little twinkle ,the smallest of light, but then it's gone. I am able to reason with myself and sometimes work things out.so maybe I am heading the right way.I think I have been depressed on and off since my mum died. and that was quite a few years ago.
My lovely daughter (youngest) asked us over for lunch today as she will be working on my hubbys birthday she cooked a lovely meal,not long got home. Middle daughter has invited us for evening meal tomorrow as she cant have us over on 3rd, so all we need is eldest daughter (with twins) to ask us on 3rd and we will be doing well this new year. But in actual fact we will invite eldest over to ours, she really has her hands full. My daughters (and grand children) are my life, I am so proud of them.. And I can tell by the way you talk you feel the same about yours, it is such a wonderful thing haing children.

One thing I need to ask you is how do you pronounce Sjogrens please I just cant get my tongue round it? I shall ask for tests on that to.
I so need to sleep now i dozed in car all way over, now really need some deepsleep if at all possible.

Happy new year to you and yours, hope its the best ever.

Sunshine and smiles

Shaddow

Old 01-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #70
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
it's pronounced SHOW-grens here in america. not exactly right but close enough. giggle.
you lucky girl, you get 3 free meals on the kids in one week! give your hubby a big birthing day hug for me please. hope you don't have to drive far to your kids. lucky you have a driver so you can doze off during the driving. hope you got a grand nights sleep last night.
giggle, yea, i kinda like my brats and their brats. being that all but one is adopted they need special attention beyond the norm. gotta make up for all those years of love deprivation, giggle. we have fun.
may your cloud grow white with light and lead you out of the tunnel of darkness that depression is. i shall stand here at the end of the tunnel with candle in hand.
i must take my car in again for repairs. it has been much work these past few weeks. i pray they get it right this time as i am close to out of patience and out of money! giggle. no doubt the frustrations of my little go fast have added to the recent decline in feeling wonderful. down to moderatly perfect, thank you very much. giggle. i do love my little green go fast. she is my freedom, my wings if you will. the part arrives today. one doctor for me tomorrow and then the doc for my green girl. when she is all better a drive all alone thru the country to remind myself i am free to do as i please. giggle.
brother went off on an outing yesterday. i so enjoyed the time alone wandering the yard seeking out little flowers. found some paperwhites to get on my knees and sniff.
be well my friend and carry your umbrella of light at all times. remind yourself you are not alone in the dark. you have you to turn to.
peace,
blue
ps. every year is the best year ever. giggle. living is a precious and beautiful gift. each day a diamond of reflected moments. each moment a perfect pearl.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
shaddow (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #71
(female)

Hi Blue
Have been to daughters for a lovely roast, and eldest grandaughter made a lovely warm apple crumble, she is 12 soon to be 13 (in feb) she is a lovely girl love her to bits, and her little sister.
Have decided that I shall cook tomorrow, have asked our eldest daughter (twins mum and dad) for a meal, she has so much to deal with and she is not well, and it will be lovely to have children in house to love, cuddle and spoil.
Thank you for the show grens, I would never have guessed it was pronounced like that. I shall ask for blood test for that also.
It takes about an hour each way to daughters and son in laws today, and almost two hours each way to youngest, and about 1/2 hour to twins home,
I think people who adopt are wonderful and very special people. You must be even more proud of them and yourself.
The candle sounds just what I need,so every time I feel down I shall think of Blue in the glow of the brilliant white of the candle.
I do hope your green go fast makes a ;speedy; recovery, and the cost is low.

Twins mum and dad loved the portrait i did for them,and now my sister in law and brother in law (hubbies sister) want me to do a painting of their house for them. I find i can relax when I paint (that is when it goes right).
I love my garden, nature is such a wonderful thing, hubby built a covered over area where we can sit ,in the warm weather i sit out a lot.
Do you ever get to the point where your mind is wide awake but your body just has nothing left to give,well I know if I go to bed I just wont sleep and that makes me stress.

I shall carry my umbrella but I really dont have much confidence in me, never have, NEVER EVER put myself first, never thought it was the right thing to do, then when I here people say they love themselves I found it hard to understand.

I hope your day is filled with love and the rays of sun reach down and warm you, and the chill wind that blows your way takes that old fibro with it.
Sunshine and smiles

Shaddow
ps I have a problem, every post i receive and send comes in our inbox in our mail. not sure how to stop it?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #72
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Saddow, I am sure Blue will be back here soon, but I wanted to tell you I have been catching up on some of your posts and I can tell you are a very caring person. I already know Blue is. Anyway wanted to tell you we all get mail in our inbox from healthboards about the threads we commented on. You might be able to do something about it if you go to the "my settings" at the top left of the page. There are many more that are more computer savvy than me, Blue being one of them. Good Luck!

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
shaddow (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #73
Facilitator
(female)

hi shaddow,
putting your health first is not easy for women to do. we are not made that way. we put everyone else first, ourselves last. when we are healthy we can get away with that. when we are not it will bite us in the arse every time. it's not so much thinking of yourself first as it is thinking of your health first. if you are not taking care of you how can you consistantly care for others? you can't. you fall on your face. you make yourself sicker by ignoring your bodies needs.
yes, in most things those i love do come first, right after my nap. can't be strong for others unless i am strong myself, for myself as well. treating yourself with the same love and consideration you give others is not selfish, it's setting the example for those you love.
how delightful you are going to have your house full of little ones giggling and gadding about. do enjoy yourself. remember to take little breaks by going outside alone for a minute or to the loo. giggle. i find taking tiny breaks from all the conversation helps me be able to stay mostly clear headed. giggle. i get lost easily in multiple conversations.
yes, i do have days my brain is up and running and my body is supine upon the bed. i meditate when that happens. i stare at my friend redwood tree and we chat quietly about those in our world who are alone, afraid, hungry, and we send energy of love to them. it quiets my mind and eases the utter feeling of exhaustion. i also do drive in movie bed days. pop some popcorn, get my water jug, crawl in bed with a good movie and give myself permission to check out for the day and enter the world of make believe.
i also have days when my body is overly active and my brain is in jamaica drinking rum and coke. those days i paint. i don't need my brain to paint. what a lovely compliment to be asked to do a painting of someones sanctuary. make sure you don't give them a finish date, giggle, and have fun. remember art is not reality, it's an emotional expression of reality. perfection is not the goal. joy is. so enjoy yourself!
thank you for the compliment, i am very proud of my adopted babies and my birth baby. as for myself i am simply doing what i was put here to do. share love, give love, be love. it is an honor to be their mom and nana.
a lovely sunrise is coming. clear skies and up to the 60s today. yipee, no long underwear! giggle. my beloved neighbor brought me some mexican food yesterday. healing balm to my body. elena is the sweetest woman. i sent bread over via my brother and later she came over with yummy spicy mexican beans, homemade tortillas and chile, or salsa as some call it. i pigged out on it. i was abed with my teeth out, just dozing off and my eyes were doing that leaking thing, not crying just leaking. i never let her see me that way. she worries. yesterday she saw me as i am and her sweet eyes filled with tears. we may not speak the same language but we love each other so much it does not matter. we muddle thru. distracted her with a hug and a big toothless smile, yea i forgot they were out. giggle. i happen to think i look cute without my teeth in. like a baby me again. tho i don't go out in public without them, giggle. not everyone sees what i see. giggle.
along with me and my candle i am sending you a magic purple umbrella to carry. it has the magic of all the light in the universe shining down upon you. i have one for those days when i wonder how i will get thru the day, giggle. yet, we always do, don't we?
kiss all your babies for me and do enjoy your dinner.
time to hit the shower and head out. blessings of a day filled with the scent of heather on the breeze.
peace,
blue
ps. hey glojer! thanks for explaining. shaddow, allow me to introduce you to glojer. like me she has been here years. giggle. another oldie but a goodie. blush, thanks for the compliment girlfriend! blush and hugs.
not doing spell check, no time now. giggle. it be what it be. bye bye for now . . .

Old 01-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #74
(female)

Hi Glojer,
Thank you for info, so very kind of you , I just need some privacy, I will try it when I have replied to you and Blue.
I hope you are having a good day full of sunshine and smiles.
Shaddow

Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #75
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hi shaddow,
putting your health first is not easy for women to do. we are not made that way. we put everyone else first, ourselves last. when we are healthy we can get away with that. when we are not it will bite us in the arse every time. it's not so much thinking of yourself first as it is thinking of your health first. if you are not taking care of you how can you consistantly care for others? you can't. you fall on your face. you make yourself sicker by ignoring your bodies needs.
yes, in most things those i love do come first, right after my nap. can't be strong for others unless i am strong myself, for myself as well. treating yourself with the same love and consideration you give others is not selfish, it's setting the example for those you love.
how delightful you are going to have your house full of little ones giggling and gadding about. do enjoy yourself. remember to take little breaks by going outside alone for a minute or to the loo. giggle. i find taking tiny breaks from all the conversation helps me be able to stay mostly clear headed. giggle. i get lost easily in multiple conversations.
yes, i do have days my brain is up and running and my body is supine upon the bed. i meditate when that happens. i stare at my friend redwood tree and we chat quietly about those in our world who are alone, afraid, hungry, and we send energy of love to them. it quiets my mind and eases the utter feeling of exhaustion. i also do drive in movie bed days. pop some popcorn, get my water jug, crawl in bed with a good movie and give myself permission to check out for the day and enter the world of make believe.
i also have days when my body is overly active and my brain is in jamaica drinking rum and coke. those days i paint. i don't need my brain to paint. what a lovely compliment to be asked to do a painting of someones sanctuary. make sure you don't give them a finish date, giggle, and have fun. remember art is not reality, it's an emotional expression of reality. perfection is not the goal. joy is. so enjoy yourself!
thank you for the compliment, i am very proud of my adopted babies and my birth baby. as for myself i am simply doing what i was put here to do. share love, give love, be love. it is an honor to be their mom and nana.
a lovely sunrise is coming. clear skies and up to the 60s today. yipee, no long underwear! giggle. my beloved neighbor brought me some mexican food yesterday. healing balm to my body. elena is the sweetest woman. i sent bread over via my brother and later she came over with yummy spicy mexican beans, homemade tortillas and chile, or salsa as some call it. i pigged out on it. i was abed with my teeth out, just dozing off and my eyes were doing that leaking thing, not crying just leaking. i never let her see me that way. she worries. yesterday she saw me as i am and her sweet eyes filled with tears. we may not speak the same language but we love each other so much it does not matter. we muddle thru. distracted her with a hug and a big toothless smile, yea i forgot they were out. giggle. i happen to think i look cute without my teeth in. like a baby me again. tho i don't go out in public without them, giggle. not everyone sees what i see. giggle.
along with me and my candle i am sending you a magic purple umbrella to carry. it has the magic of all the light in the universe shining down upon you. i have one for those days when i wonder how i will get thru the day, giggle. yet, we always do, don't we?
kiss all your babies for me and do enjoy your dinner.
time to hit the shower and head out. blessings of a day filled with the scent of heather on the breeze.
peace,
blue
ps. hey glojer! thanks for explaining. shaddow, allow me to introduce you to glojer. like me she has been here years. giggle. another oldie but a goodie. blush, thanks for the compliment girlfriend! blush and hugs.
not doing spell check, no time now. giggle. it be what it be. bye bye for now . . .

Closed Thread