It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
palpitations with fibro please help

does anyone get palpitations and skips with fibro? I heard that it's a common side effect. It all started this week i stay up late on the comp i stayed up till like 2am and didn't wake up till 3pm. I felt really tired my right eye would twitch and i started getting palpitations near my stomach ever 2 seconds I only seem to get them at night I have severe anxiety i will take a pill and take a nap and i'm fine lately i feel very frazzled i don't know why. Palpitations is a side effect of anxiety too and i think the palpitations is frazziling me which is causing it more.

I just never had palpitations this long before it's a bit scary.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:49 AM   #2
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Re: palpitations with fibro please help

I get them all of the time, but especially early in the morning when I am exhausted from the day and haven't slept yet. I also have a heart rhythm issue that I am medicated for, but I will still get them usually multiple times a night. They are scary, but they are usually harmless (for me, anyways). If you start to feel dizzy, very weak, have a LOT of trouble breathing and you feel faint you should get help. Otherwise you should be okay If they keep happening go talk to your doctor about them.
(((gentle hugs)))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerene View Post
I get them all of the time, but especially early in the morning when I am exhausted from the day and haven't slept yet. I also have a heart rhythm issue that I am medicated for, but I will still get them usually multiple times a night. They are scary, but they are usually harmless (for me, anyways). If you start to feel dizzy, very weak, have a LOT of trouble breathing and you feel faint you should get help. Otherwise you should be okay If they keep happening go talk to your doctor about them.
(((gentle hugs)))

thanks for the reply. I haven't been sleeping very good i have been sleeping like ever 2 hours i just can't sleep. sometimes i get dizzy from anxiety my xanax seem's to calm me down. the palpation's give me anxiety which they are a symptom of that and fibro it's a viscous circle.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Snow! You've made my brain spin a bit. I've had palpitations for a long while. I'm under the care of a cardiologist with a pacemaker implant, but I didn't realize this is a FMS complaint for some people. I do not have the anxiety or panic attacks you may be experiencing. Gosh, I'm wondering now (but I would still need the pacemaker - floppy upper chambers).

Kirstee

Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstee View Post
Snow! You've made my brain spin a bit. I've had palpitations for a long while. I'm under the care of a cardiologist with a pacemaker implant, but I didn't realize this is a FMS complaint for some people. I do not have the anxiety or panic attacks you may be experiencing. Gosh, I'm wondering now (but I would still need the pacemaker - floppy upper chambers).

Kirstee
the doctor listened to my heart a few years ago so you would think if there was something wrong she would be able to tell. palpitations come with axniety and now fibro so i am frazzled abt the palpitations which makes them worse on top of FMS. it's a vicious circle isn't?

The following user gives a hug of support to SnowBunny89:
kirstee (11-25-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hello my furry snow covered friend,
please go to your doctor and request a full heart work up including a halter monitor for at least 24 hours. it is worth the peace of mind. don't assume it is anxiety or fibro. be sure.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User

Good advice blue! When my heart started doing funny beats I got so many ECG's done and a holter, which was 2 years ago and my heart was pretty normal, but it was nice to know for sure. I recently had another ECG just to make sure everything is fine 'cause those funny beats are back, but everything seems fine. Always good to get it checked out though! Let us know how everything goes
(((gentle hugs)))

Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

yes ..ive had them my whole life,,,just thought they were normal......

Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
(female)

nicklyn33 HB User

(newly diagnosed with fibro) Hi I to get palps and skips and for the past 2 weeks my anxiety seems to be in overdrive @nite
today I am in alot of pain and I felt mine skip a couple of times in a row (scary) I do take meds for a fast HR and for 10 yrs I was told it was anxiety only ! now a doc has told me after having my second herat cath I have a questionable vein course in my heart. but that is not what causes the palps. I agree with if you feel light headed or dizzy short of breath call 911. other than that go see a cardio and let him /her do testing .

Old 12-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
(female)

Grannygaga HB User

I have Fibro and currently taking meds for it. Don't know if it's the meds or the condition but I do have fluttering and palpitations in my chest. I had EKG and other test for the heart but everything is normal. I also have nausea and trouble breathing. I've been testing and X-rayed and everything looks ok. I have a whole list of side effects from the meds.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Grannygaga...sorry to hear that..yep thats why i dont take meds anymore for fibro...for me i was in the same pain on the meds as i am now 3 yrs off all meds,,so why deal with all the nasty side effects...but dont get me wrong if they help then great but they didnt help me...i wish they did....

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
Grannygaga (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #12
(female)

Grannygaga HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa24 View Post
Grannygaga...sorry to hear that..yep thats why i dont take meds anymore for fibro...for me i was in the same pain on the meds as i am now 3 yrs off all meds,,so why deal with all the nasty side effects...but dont get me wrong if they help then great but they didnt help me...i wish they did....
What are you doing to cope with the problems? Do you take any kind of antidepressant? How did your Docs determine you had Fibro? I'm finding there's a lot of misdiagnosis. A friend of mine just found out that most of her pain is from Osteoporosis. She had been diagnosed with Fibro.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

hello, well i was on about 50 mgs of oxys a day, neurontin,skalaxen,prozac,clonazepam, an i think something else,,,,for 4.5 yrs....i decided to go cold turkey , 8 days of living hell by myself..I DON'T RECOMMEND that!!!...Ive been sick all my life but in 03 i had blood done for a hysterectomy, it came back with a high sed rate an a post ANA,,,Dr told me i probably had Lupus ,so for a yr thought i had that....

then in 04 i hurt my back at work and that's when my pain hit full force like now , like a switch just got turned on,,,,i saw massive dr over a course of 4.5 yr due because it was a work related injury ,,,but right away i was DD with Fibro....

how do i cope now?.....i don't work, am a stay at home mom, oh i lost a 16 yr marriage 3 yrs ago due cuz of this,,but in Nov 08 met my now husband,,,

anyways ...i pace myself, rest , meditate, massive massage my husband does for me at night, bless him!..Ibuprofen when needed which is more than id like,,,,i have a few drinks at night tooo...its not easy at all...i feel i have the flu 24/7 an then when i do have a virus boy that's really hard!..i really don't know how i can do this ,,but i do..for how long i don't know!...

No im not on any antidepressant or anything for Fibro/chronic fatigue..

ok im pooped....

Hugs MonaLisa..

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
Grannygaga (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #14
(female)

Grannygaga HB User

Wow, that was a lot of meds. Congrats on getting off them and also on finding a caring, loving Husband that understands. Have you read the thread about Mercury in tooth fillings and how once they were removed and replaced with non-toxic filling the pain and problems went away? I find that very interesting. I have 7 fillings that I am pretty sure are mercury. Hair analysis can show if it's present in your body. Thanks for the info. I look forward to getting off meds and dealing with this in a natural way.

Closed Thread