It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

bubbli3 HB User
I need help

I have had Lymes, Fibro, heart issues, the list goes on. i got bit in 1998 an know one would test for lymes because i was in Waco Tx when the tick bit me some reason they say that area is not commomn for that kind of tick, but i have it!!!! finally got a doc to test me in 2010 an guess whatt I tested Positive for Lymes doc's get me thinking they know every thing. The mark is still there 13 years later where it lived cause it was there months before i realized it was a tick. I am moly so i thought it was a mole cause it was in the bend of my knee in the back so i felt but couldn't see it, until it got big as heck. Doctors don't want to hear your story they don't have time they try to see 30 patients a day so your only allowed 5 mins you can't hear whats wrong with some one who has 50 illnesses in 5 min. My doc is no more after 7 years so now i have no doc an only one month of meds, God i am so worried the town i live in is so small. Him being gone i think is a good thing beacuse he really wasn't treating anything just keeping pain at bay. Doctors here once again don't care. what can i do.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: I need help

Im so sorry , it doesn't sound like you have anyone on your side...ok take a deep breath....its up to you to call and find out if the Dr there can help you and is willing to give you the extra needed time, Ive asked before hand for a 2 visit time slot, yes they charge more but at least you have the time,,id writes a very very short list of your concerns down an just say to them , ok i really need you to hear what i need to tell you can i just read this an we can talk after,
yes they may kinda roll their eyes , well lets hope not their the Dr but hey Ive been told alot of weird stuff by Drs,,anyways id call before hand tho and ask the desk if this dr could be a good fit for your needs, my rule of thumb is usually the desk person is the best to ask ... if they work in that drs office and are his staff they should be able to say yes or no, also the drs nurse is a good clue if her dr is a kind soul,,

sorry so long winded hope this can help calm you an let you know we do read and care,,,Hugs MonaLisa

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
bubbli3 (12-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

bubbli3 HB User

Thank you so much for your reply
I will try that already spoke to one an he was not interested in taking on a new patients they said when they called me back. I am so upset i thought doc were suppose to help not run from you cause you have several issues. I didn't have these issues until after 6 years after going undiagnosed with Lymesnow it's been 13 years with no real treatment.but i thank u again for your advice an i will use it. Do you have either?

The following user gives a hug of support to bubbli3:
monalisa24 (12-12-2011)
Old 12-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

I have Fibro an chronic fatigue severely bad!..all my life ...but real bad since 04....ive always wondered if anyone can see my BIO here?...

Old 12-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
(female)

bubbli3 HB User

Monalisa
I'm so sorry i'm new so i didn't know to go to your profile yes it told me what has been going on in your life. I'm glade your doing better an how are you able to stay off pain meds? I would love to be able to get off. How long did you take them if you don't mind me asking.I have been on since 2005. Married an i know my husband is sick of all my issues.But i'm trying to hold in there. Marraige is not what i want but what can i say. He's not very supportive, i think he thinks he is.

The following user gives a hug of support to bubbli3:
monalisa24 (12-13-2011)
Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hi boobi3...if you like you can go an set your profile up to receive private messages..

any ways you asked how im able to do this off meds...ok lets go back a ways, this non stop pain started after a back injury in 04 i was put on 10mgs Oxycontin 2x day,...Oxycodone 5mgs 6x day,... 400mgs neurontin,....800mgs skalaxen 3x day,...prozax,....clonazepam 1.5 at bed...for 4.5 yrs i was on these, was in bed in severe pain still.

didn't have a life, didn't want to live, 16 yr marriage going down the tube, he left due to couldn't handle it!...I decided i wanted more than just being in pain! I needed to see if i could do this off the meds, they didn't seem to be helping anyways!,,so went off cold turkey , 8 days later...I DON'T RECOMMEND!! doing this on your own!

I don't have to work so that helps, i pace myself, rest, try an be happy with what i can do..i cook dinner every night, some cleaning every day, my new Hubby of 1yr does the shopping, and the bills, i only go out on my own to the store, an hair an nails, we go do stuff not alot but when we do he supports if an when i need to rest.

Hugs..MonaLisa....

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
bubbli3 (12-17-2011)
Closed Thread