It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

lilusmom HB User
Could this be fibro?

I have been researching different things and have come across fibro. Does anyone think I'm on to something? I have been dealing with extreme fatigue. I was tested for hhv6 ( roseola retro virus) and came up positive for having had an active case, but dr said it wasn't active now. I am now having problems with extreme pain. The pain is in my neck and shoulders and goes down my arms. It also hurts all the way down my spine. I have been to urgent care twice and was xrayed and told nothing is wrong with my spine. I was told it was a pinched nerve, given some kind of shot for pain and muscle relaxers the first time and then put on prednisone for one week and then Naproxin 600 2xday and muscle relaxer. It became tolerable for awhile except when I try to sleep. If I turn onto either shoulder it starts the whole thing over. My legs ache and last night my inner thighs hurt to touch them. Today it is a little better but my legs just ache and feel "heavy". I have been getting horrible headaches. I wake up all night in pain. I read about the pressure points and most of them hurt. It also hurts to apply any pressure on my legs. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am also bipolar and because of it I have to kick and scream before anyone will take me seriously. It seems that a chemical imbalance in your brain nullifies your entire body of anything else. I wish that was really so. This was long winded but I would be truly thankful of any info anyone can give me.

The following user gives a hug of support to lilusmom:
monalisa24 (12-31-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: Could this be fibro?

Welcome....im soo sorry your feeling this way!...first you need to find a dr an have everything ruled out. but by the sounds of it it very well could be fibro....have you had a massage? they hurt me if not done by someone who knows how to do it correctly and really at least for me the only one that knows how to do it is me.(self massage) an my hubby, like when my legs hurt, then i massage my lower back, thighs, hips, when my neck hurts i massage my shoulder joint, arm an right below my shoulder blade. if my forearm is tight an i massage it ,..it helps reduce a migraine.

Im sorry i cant type long, im havin a bad day, but wanted to say hi..

hugs Monalisa...

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
thefarm (12-31-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
lilusmom (12-31-2011), thefarm (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
(female)

lilusmom HB User

Monalisa, thank you for the suggestion. I will try it. I'm sorry you are having a bad day too.

The following user gives a hug of support to lilusmom:
monalisa24 (12-31-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to lilusmom For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome lilusmom
Hey Mona! You are always so sweet & supportive! Love seeing your posts!
Not doing do hot either but since the temp dropped I've had very few good days. Anyhow, lilusmom it could very likely be FM... I am hoping for your sake that it's something like low vitamin d or thyroid since they are easier to treat & mimic allot of the same symptoms... Just hoping... But like Mona said you need to see a good Doc & get lots of tests done. You need to ask your primary doctor for a referral to a Rhumetologist. I always say this but it's true... I wish I knew years ago that regular doctors are not educated for these things. Rhumetologists specialize in this... Nuerologists to buy I don't like them... I think their egos are to big & they aren't as smart as they seem to think they are... Rhumetologists seem to have better people skills...
In the meantime you need to do your best to not stress or over do it. As a matter of fact, get some rest Try magnesium & melatonin before bed... The melatonin works just as good at putting me to sleep at night as my muscle relaxer... The muscle relaxer helps with pain though which is why I take it...
I read alittle information on bipolar & fibromyalgia, they can go hand in hand!
You should try to keep a diary of each day, how you feel & everything.
Also, getting an accurate diagnosis is hard enough when you don't have bipolar, depression ect so I can see how difficult it is. Just demand a referral for a Rhumetologist. You know it took me demanding for help to get it. The dr who refered me actually brushed me off the first time. I walked to my car in tears I was so frustraited, not the first time. But about a month or two later I went back to the same Dr but brought my mom along for support. I guess my mom there supporting what I said got the drs attention.
I basically let docs bully me for a l
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
monalisa24 (01-01-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (01-01-2012)
Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Sorry accedently posted my reply twice...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Last edited by thefarm; 12-31-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Posted twice

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
lilusmom (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
(female)

lilusmom HB User

Tori, thank you for your post. I have been having a terrible time with my doc. I've been seeing him for years for the fatigue. He did refer me to a neurologist a couple of months ago for my carpal tunnel. You can't say abnormal nerve conduction tests are all in my head. But mostly he doesn't think there is anything wrong except stress. Well yes sir, I have stress! I am going to change docs this month. Possibly a DO. I do have a appointment for a chiro in a couple of weeks. Maybe that will help. If this is fibro, will chiro help at all? Thanks again for all your input. Debby

Old 01-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Chiropractic adjustments make me worse,,,massage is the best But only by someone that really understands Fibromyalgia.....some of us cant handle massage but ive learned yes its gonna hurt like crazy an the next few days but it helps me move better after that soreness lifts....hot baths are also good.....

Closed Thread