It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Mattress?

Does anyone know of any good Fibro-friendly mattress that doesn't transfer movement? My SO moves a lot in his sleep, and that's pushed us to not sleeping in the same bed a lot of the time because it hurts me. So, we are looking for a new one to help fix this problem and any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!
Thanks guys <3

Old 01-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Mattress?

I have the same mattress bouncing husband that you have. We solved the issue by buying a FMS mattress which was designed by Dr. Breus, sold through Beauty Rest (I think). The mattress does not transfer movement, yet it is soft enough to protect fibro-sore bodies. If I recall, the mattress salesman told us this same mattress is specified for people with spinal injuries. Dr. Breus is a sleep expert and he noticed the problems certain patients were having with a regular mattress, so he developed a specialty line.

Kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
(female)

I'll have to give them a look, thank you so much!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Husband and I sleep on a foam mattress from Ikea. It is moderately soft, and then I added a 2-inch "topper" of softer memory foam.

Doesn't transfer movement, very comfy.

Still, the right bed may vary depending on your weight, your preferred sleeping position and your most painful areas.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
(female)

Seester HB User

We have a Sleep Number bed now and I love it. They are pretty expensive but I can adjust my side whenever I want based on what my body needs though I rarely have to change anything. We've not had any trouble with feeling each other move around on this mattress and I have to move a lot since everything falls a sleep now. You can go to the store and test out the matress and they have a screen that will show you how it improves the pressure on certain pressure points as you change the number. It's pretty cool.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
(female)

I'm rather petite (5'4" and about 125-130lbs) and I usually sleep on my side or my back. My sore spots are usually my shoulders/back/hips. I'll have to run down to Ikea and take a look at their mattresses, as I've honestly never even looked at them before.

Closed Thread