It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #61
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: fibro fog feast

yay, yay and yahoo for you! it's all coming together. As you know it'll take LOTS of rest to recover, sleep well. Dream mode on - Imagine you're on a big puffy cloud with soft warm breezes passing over and the warm sun gently radiating heat. If I hadn't just gotten up myself I'd take that dream back to bed with me!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #62
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi sis,
giggle, how did you know i sleep on clouds? it's my favorite meditation. warm sun, soft cloud and me.
each day seems a bit stronger, with fall backs often during the day. giggle, i find myself talking to me and saying things like, you are fine girl. just tired. you will bouce up any moment now. yea, i laugh. talking to me is often quite funny. i say the silliest things to myself. but, it helps. every time i laugh i am one inch closer to feeling great again.
hey glojer, how did bravemans tests come out? everything spot on perfect? hug the old stinker for me.
time to hop on my cloud and kiss the night bye bye. a soft cloudy day is coming. perfect for lazing about healing.
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #63
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Everyone,
Sleeping on clouds, what a wonderful way to dream and sleep. I am starting to come out of a month long flare. Only thing though is now I am in the fibro fog. Glad I didn't have the fog while flaring......how funny would that have been. I would have created laughter for me and for everyone around me. I do love laughing. I have been talking to myself so much the last few days. Today had to laugh and say to myself, "you are talking out loud too much, don't get use to it." Haven't answered myself yet....giggle.....giggle.....just had to go check on something on the stove I forgot I put on. Gave myself instructions on how low to turn down the burner and how long to set the timer.....the dog just keeps laying in the chair and just rolls her eyes as I walk by talking. She doesn't even raise her head.
Blue,so far all of bravemans tests have been OK. Some adjusting of meds, but no big deal. Had to get more blood for the oncologist. The lab said they didn't have enough blood, but like the nurse said, I think they forget some tests and dispose of the blood before they realize it. I said I think they drop it and then use the not enough excuse. Anyway he had to give another 3 vials. So still waiting on those. Poor guy I just realized he gave 3vials Mon., 2 vials Wed., 3more vials and a finger stick on Thurs. Good thing he doesn't mind needles. Only bad thing is he only has one good vein left since the chemo
WW, filled my pill container and have been taking my vitamins 'pretty regular', for me that is. Just missed a few hurried rushed days. I think they help, thanks for the push to do it.

Pain free days everyone,
Glojer

Old 02-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #64
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

So happy you're coming out of the flare

Now to work on the fog and you're home free for a while..take what you can get..I hope remission stays for a while

~Belle~

Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #65
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hi sis,
giggle, how did you know i sleep on clouds? it's my favorite meditation. warm sun, soft cloud and me.
Hehehe...only a sister would know things like that.

Glo, the fog is still hanging out here too. A fog funny - Yesterday I ran out to a couple stores with a friend and as we are leaving a store I can't find my keys. They weren't left in the cart or in the back of the van. I'm ready to go back into the store and she starts cracking up.. there they are dangling in the ignition right where I just put them. Duhhhh

Glad to hear all bravemans tests are coming back good.
Nice to hear you're sticking with the vitamins, hope they continue to help.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #66
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Belle, thanks I am very happy to be out of the flare and today the fog has lifted quite a bit. Can't ask for more than that.

WW, I hope the vitamins will do something for sure. Boy I feel for you with the fog and the keys. But hey what the heck, we bring laughter to other peoples lives with fog antics....giggle. My poor cousin who almost succumbed to menengitis (sp) but survived with short term memory loss, just emailed me and he said he is able to hide his own Easter Eggs. I told him I could relate.....giggle!

Glojer

The following user gives a hug of support to Glojer:
BelleoftheSouth (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #67
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

morning ladies,
thanks for the laughter. had a moment of clarity the other day. able to tell my son how to rebuild the carb on his truck. of course the fog is back, giggle. can't remember what i even said to him, giggle.
having a bit of ibs as this flare slows down. massage got cancelled on me, dang! that's a set back for me. told my body she has to skip this week and she is bummed out about it. dang. gotta head for the loo again.
if my methane could be harnessed i could light up a city! giggle.
sun coming today and warmer weather. every bit of my body is filled with joy just thinking about not wearing long johns. poop off to the loo again.
peace,
blue

Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #68
Senior Veteran
(female)

Morning everyone,
Yes, Blue poop and the loo go together so well.....giggle! My daily report is fog is better fibro is not.....giggle....can't have them both good at the same time. I wouldn't have an excuse to not do anything.....giggle....giggle! We have a weather front moving through, maybe some rain. Cloudy and overcast, so I am sure that is a big part of the problem. No worries I am not down for the count. Cleaning lady coming today, errands to run and people to scare because I didn't put make-up on today....giggle.
You all want a good chuckle, I was going through some of my moms things yesterday to find info for my cousin, who is doing a family history. I found a picture of me in the early 60's with a great 'bubble' hair do. I know there aren't many of you who know what that was, but for those who do remember......laugh on sister!!!!

Peace and Pain free days,
Glojer

Old 02-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #69
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good day my fibro friends! Yesterday was a real weird day for me. I got in some odd funk and it hung out all day. I went from grumpy to feeling sad on to frustration and bounced around it all day. I haven't had my own personal pity party in some time so maybe it's now out of my system for another long while. It was really quite sucky and I really dislike feeling like that.

Today is much better and I'm ready to rock (if my darn back would let me)
Even feeling a bit creative so seeing as it's gray and gloomy outside I'll turn up the ott lights and get out the burner. Love the smell of burning wood.

Glo, I can visualize the big bubble on top of your head.. who ever thought up that style lol

Belle, I bet you have some fun fog stories for us too..

Wishing everyone a free day, no pain, no fog, not even an itch!!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #70
Facilitator
(female)

hi sis,
glad the day ended and you woke without the pity me's. every once in a while we have to let out the feelings we keep deep within. i have those days too. like you i am thankful it is rare, cause i really get sick of hearing me whine fast! after the first sentence or two i'm done listening to whiney me.
get out there and burn baby burn!
glojer i have a pic of me with the same doo. aqua net hair spray! so glad there is a thing in life called change! that's one pic i'd love to see!
hugs belle for an awesome today.
if the weather folk are right i will be in shorts or at the least capri's today. told my fanny to shut up about the massage. there was a death in the family and that puts my fanny on hold. i'll do the hot tub this morning and bathe in biofreeze. stinks but it works.
peace,
blue

Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #71
Senior Veteran
(female)

I tried bio freeze, it did nothing for me. It doesn't smell as bad as tiger balm tho.
That was my main stink for a long time until I tried that dremu pain relief stuff and it has a spice aroma to it and goes away fast. But the tiger balm is still #1 for muscle spasms.

no massage! Go get stinky sis and shut up your inner whiny girl.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #72
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

I've not heard of bio-freeze but it sounds like something I'd be interested in

~Belle~

Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #73
Facilitator
(female)

hi belle,
look for it on amazon. it's cheaper there i hear. i get mine from my massage therapists. it's expensive so they give it to me for free. they get it by the gallon jug. another good one is tpr20. you can find it online too but not sure if amazon has it. also, not cheap.
the tpr20 lasts about 3 hours and smells nice. the bio freeze works for about 6 hours and stinks for the first half hour.
sorry it does not help you sis. it's been a lifesaver for my fanny and back. sure will be glad when they operate on me and fix my back. still waiting for the doc i was referred to. it's been 2 months. he's the best out here so i shall wait for him.
hope everyone has a lovely day.
peace,
blue
time to light a new candle and fluff up my pillows. thinking of you my shaddowy friend.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
BelleoftheSouth (02-24-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #74
Senior Veteran
(female)

Don't be sorry sis, I found relief with the dremu oil. No cream ,oil, or linament helps the back. That's where pain killers come in. Take 'em when I know I'll be active more than usual. I also slap on the tens pads and crank that baby up to about 14. That keeps me going when I'm on my feet and moving for a long time. Like you I've been told surgery, 2 opinions so some day I'll break down and do it.

I'm off for the weekend, 3 days of a mini getaway so everyone have good days with no pain... cya monday

Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #75
Facilitator
(female)

hi sis,
have a wonderful time! see ya monday for stories about your trip. i will try the dremu oil too. heck, i'd rub just about anything on my fanny and back at this point, giggle! even snake oil or turtle snot, giggle.
had an interesting doc appt. she had a nasty man before me. full of anger. when loretta came to my room i took out my crystal i always carry and hugged her and ran my crystal thru her hair, down her face to her heart and then outward. i felt nothing but she said she felt a tingling sucking feeling like all the negative energy just sucked out of her. way cool! she asked me to come once a month and do it on her. giggle. it worked!
got buckets of blood drawn to see how everything is going within.
wore my new high heeled boots and did not fall!! felt so good. yes, my feet hurt like crazy but i don't care, i felt cute and funky on a day when i felt cruddy.
hope everyone has a gentle fun weekend.
peace,
blue
p.s. sending hugs out to you shaddow!

Closed Thread