It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
SSDI & Doctor appt to fill out paperwork

I have had 2 denials for SSDI & on the the 3rd try. I have a company doing everything for me.
I just got a call from my GP. I've never been one to run to the doctors unless I have no choice. With having probs for so many yrs I've been to many doctors. Anyhow I've only seen this one maybe 3 times... Well the Docs office called. They got paperwork from the SSDI office & I had to schedule an appointment to go over the paperwork with the doctor before he can fill it out.
I have a hard time talking to docs about my problems. Probly cause I've seen so many that looked at me like I was nuts. It doesn't help looking perfectly healthy. Plus I have a natural defense. I automatically smile no matter if I'm nausious, have a migrain like headache, in allot of pain, exhausted ect. Doesn't matter how I feel I naturally plaster a smile on my face. It's like my defiance mechanism. So how do I explain to this doctor what's going on? The only time I've ever talked about my problems with him is when I wanted to have an MRI to be tested for ms. As it is I'll have to go in front of a judge before they make a decision for this 3rd try on SSDI. The only people that know what it's like is my family & even they don't get it unless I'm at my worst.
So, how do you explain what's going on with you to people like this that can't understand?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
Re: SSDI & Doctor appt to fill out paperwork

When you see your doctor tell him which doctor diagnosed you with fibro.

It is so strange when we're seeing advertisements on TV etc for meds for people with fibromyalgia and doctors still don't believe fibro is an illness it is enough to make us feel a little bit crazier.

I wish you good luck and hope your doctor works with you instead of against you.

~Belle~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You Hopefully this one listens. I've seen so many Drs over the years & had so many tests. Itll be irritating if this one tries to run the same tests again ugh Doctors just don't seem to listen & they make me so uncomfortable. Hopefully this one will be different & I can get through to them.
I am still seeing my Rhumetologist on the 20th. Not sure why, pretty much a waste of time & $. But I filed for SSDI & hate to lose his support.
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
monalisa24 (02-13-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Just try your best,,,but don't get all stressed over what you'll say,,,it will just put you in a bad flare, you may think well then kinda good cause then they'll see me at my worst but as you've said , others cant tell when we hurt and at least what Ive ran across it seems the more i act to show how i feel it seems like their thinking im faking it. so all you can do is your best at explaining what your day is like,.. make a short note on what your day is an maybe on THEIR pain scale like in the morning when you get up what its at, then getting the kids off to school what your pain is at and then how hard just even a shower is on the pain scale , ... lunch time the house work, farm work...shopping...explain what a normal person can do in one day of house cleaning takes you a week to do...or more,,,,an at night when you have to help with home work, dinner, clean up, baths, kids bed time, reading them a book, and then your still nightly chores, and then what your pain scale is at bed time , also your reg sleeping habits , go into a short detail of what a night is like,...

good luck, let us know how it went,,prayers your way..

Mona

Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
(female)

ms anxiety HB User
Thumbs up Re: SSDI & Doctor appt to fill out paperwork

i have the same problem and it is very frustrating when ur own doctors dont understand you.the best thing to do is write down all your symptoms, give examples of ur worst days, what that feels like and how often u have them. explain how many different meds you have been on and how long youve had the problem. u need to make them understand how it affects ur everyday life. i have been turned down 2 x's and waiting for appt for the judge and just want my day with him so i can explain what a shabby job the agency has done with getting my records-thats why alot of us keep getting denied, according to one of the lawyers i consulted. one thing you might want to do is make sure u get a copy of all ur records and make a copy for them. i have been on 25 different medications in about 5 years and will be getting a printout from my pharmacy which might be a good idea for u too. i also thought about not taking my meds so they can see the full effect fm can have on a person but i fear it may do more harm than good.i had a bad experience with my psych dr one day and has never been back to her. she had put me on celexa and i had an allergic reaction to it. she asked was i on any meds and i told her baclofen and tylenol 3. she said since i looked better without taking meds she didnt want to put me on anything-which was a no-no for me.not only did that bother me but the fact that when i talked to her about the pain she never acknowledge it as fm- she would always say sometimes depression causes ur body pain. my history with depresssion is im fine one day and the next day im in the doghouse and thats exactly what happened, i was back to my usual crying patterns and ignoring everything else in my life.the drs dont always know whats best for us. my excellent therapist ive seen for years told me not to see this psych anymore bcuz i definately needed a mood stabilizer which was told to her on my first visit. i hope that ur able to have a good relationship with ur dr, if not kick them to the curb and find someone who will listen to you and ur needs. good luck on ssdi

Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You both

I'm waiting to see a judge now which I'm nervous about since I'm not good at showing how I feel & only complain that I'm exhausted or hurt when I'm mad at my hubby & have had enough...

Ms anxiety~ Do you have anxiety also? I have anxiety & seems like I get depressed when my husband says something that hurts my feelings. I hate feeling lazy & have this need to push myself & get stuff done so I suffer, like right now. Then pain makes me really irritable... My moods can be up & down also, seems to depend how I'm feeling... If the pain or fatigue are unbearable I'm extremely grumpy.
I am suppose to have a refzral going through at a new neurologist to see if they can help. But is been close to 2 months & haven't heard anything.. My Rhumetologist just isn't enough help...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
(female)

ms anxiety HB User

idk if i have anxiety but my kids always tell me im always worrying about every little thing unnecessarily.i know i did as a kid but as far as i know i have depression who knows what else

Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

Usually depression and anxiety go hand in hand. Tell your doctor about your constant worrying. If I didn't have something to worry about it seems I'd find something to worry about.

Take care

~Belle~

Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

When you go before the judge your Atty will do all of the talking and you get to say yes or no...judges are very busy and want us in and out as quick as possible.

IF you get the opportunity to talk to the judge please don't tell him/her what a shabby job the SS was doing..he is part of that system and won't take kindly to what you're saying which could cause you another rejection.

I know you want to tell the judge how you feel but you shouldn't do it while he's deciding your fate.

~Belle~

Old 03-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleoftheSouth View Post
If I didn't have something to worry about it seems I'd find something to worry about.

Take care

~Belle~
So true! Lol I Love that!

Even on meds I worry. The great part is that I don't constantly think about these things... I'm able to handle them better which is great!
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
BelleoftheSouth (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
(female)

ms anxiety HB User

thx belleof the south
i think my emotions of dealing with this system has gotten the best of me. youre absolutely correct. i believe i do have a bit of anxiety but i guess it depends on what the drs classify anxiety. i used to leave out for my appts 2hrs in advance so i wouldnt be late eventhough it only took 30mins to get there. i would time my teenage children and if they werent home by an hour i would sit in the window or pace the floor, not that i actually had a reason to worry.i just thought it was just a part of being a mom until i did it every single day. sometimes i would just stand in the window for hours until my feet would hurt waiting for son to come home.

Last edited by ms anxiety; 03-27-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Closed Thread