It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Mattress question!

So, my SO and I are looking for a new mattress and found a really good deal, but I was wondering if any of you had tried it or own it and what you think? We are looking at the Simmons Deep Sleep "High Point" Tight-top Sleep set. Figured I would ask around before we went to go and see if we could find a store to try it out in.
Thanks guys!!
(((hugs)))

Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

Re: Mattress question!

No one knows anything about the mattress?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It varies so much. The "best" mattress depends on where you have pain, what positions you usually sleep in, how much you weigh, and other factors.

I sleep on a foam mattress from Ikea, it works pretty well for me. In general, soft is good. However, I recently added a softer memory-foam topper and flared badly from it!

A THIN soft layer over a firmer mattress seems to work well for me, though.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

hmirm HB User

I've had bad luck with my Simmons Beautyrest mattress. It's only 3 yrs old and already has sags where my husband and I sleep. From online forums, it seems Simmons does not honor its warranties without a big fight. Next time we buy a mattress, I'm going to do loads of research and actually read the warranty information before we buy. And I'll never purchase a Simmons again.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
(female)

Oh really? Hm...I'll have to talk to them about that when go in and look at it. That's ridiculous! They are supposed to be one of the good brands.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
(female)

ALittleLoopy HB UserALittleLoopy HB User
Smile Re: Mattress question!

I love my TempraPedic, but it has several positives as well as negatives. Positive: When I hurt ALL OVER from taking on too much, it feels so soft yet supportive. It doesn't trigger any trigger spots. Another plus: we purchased the split Cal King adjustable being able to move the bed while I just relax is a dream! The negative: COST!!!! I think it was $10,000 or so for the darn thing. Also, they JUST started selling Cal King Split Fitted sheets. Had to order custom before. I'd have gone with a King as they are a bit wider and shorter. Also, it's awkward to ....ummm Cuddle (yeah! that's it!) with my husband. There is that dumb gap. Also, they are a warmer bed, and absorb your body heat.

Suggestion: Call around to local motels/hotels and try the Simmons (or any other mattress).

Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Mattress shopping stinks. We had a beauty rest and it lasted about 15 years. I then replaced it with a simmons and while it's comfortable, unlike the beauty rest you do feel more movement of the person next to you.

I did try a 3 or 4 inch memory foam topper to see if it helped with the movement, but I have a bad back and sinking into the memory foam made turning over (i move around alot in my sleep) extremely painful.

I'm thinking maybe a sleep number bed may be the answer next time for us.

Closed Thread