HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   Fatigue is really bad, should I see the Rhumatologist? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/893688-fatigue-really-bad-should-i-see-rhumatologist.html)

sandi2932 03-18-2012 07:40 PM

Fatigue is really bad, should I see the Rhumatologist?

The Rhumatologist diagnosed me with Fibro. My regular doctor said that since I have been diagnosed with it that he can treat me. I went to his office last week feeling the worst fatigue I've had since diagnosed. If I stand to long or walk to far my legs start hurting and feeling like their going out from under me. The pain especially in my arms is terrible. The Rhumatologist put me on 60 mg Cymbalta once a day I haven't had any changes in the medicine yet. My doctor took me off the Cymbalta and put me on Lyrica instead. I'm wondering if that was the best thing to do? I'm thinking about going back to the Rhumatologist even though I can't afford the $40 co-payments but I can't work with the fatigue as bad as it is, and the doctor didn't schedule me to see him again for two months.

catkaru 03-19-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Fatigue is really bad, should I see the Rhumatologist?

Hi Sandi, I'm on Lyrica and have been for since 2007. I am doing very well with it although my dose has been increased over the years. I tried the Cymbalta and could not get past the side effects so quit it. I also take Tramadol for pain and Savella as well. This little cocktail is working well but there are times where I just can't get the get and go anymore. I force myself everyday to get to work and it seems as though that's all I do. I am living to work. What's the point. I hope you find something that works for you and a Rheumetoligist really is the better bet. Good luck! (((HUGS)))
Low pain ALL,

thefarm 03-19-2012 08:48 PM

Please see the Rhumetologist... They really are the best for treatment...
I've tried Cymbolta which made me numb to everything, Neurontin but didn't work as good, Lyrica can't remember why I didn't like it... I'm on Savella & really like it. Gave me hot flashes the first two months but once I got passed that it's pretty good. Doesnt make me more tired like cymbolta & Nuerontin.
Over doing it &/or stress is likely making you feel so exhausted. Being sore & tired all the time is normal for us. It doesn't take much to make it worst.
I'm hurting pretty bad, pretty much constant the last week. I take Tramadol which helps but only when it's just to much to handle. It's my own fault cause I was exercising to much & I knew better. Now I haven't been able to in a week...
The best way to recover from this exhaustion & pain is rest... I myself havent been able to rest, to much going on. So I haven't been able to recover at all... I found it takes me a week to recover if I actually rest. Usually when I over do it I also get extremelly sick but sometimes I am able to bypass that... Usually when I am going through my nausea spells.
Anyhow, it's easier for me to speak from experience. I hope it helps :) You'll be able to figure out what works best for you. It takes time... I've only been learning how to deal with fibro 2 1/2 yrs & still learning how to control it...

guitargal 04-26-2012 08:46 PM

i have had a lot of fatigue lately and when that starts, the pain starts.

"If I stand to long or walk to far my legs start hurting and feeling like their going out from under me. The pain especially in my arms is terrible."

i am on 90 cymbalta dn 50mg lyrica..
i tried to increase lyrica to 75 but got pretty bloated and slight Edema.
i don't think i am on a high enough dose of lyrica to make any difference.
maybe i should stop that up the cymbalist.

i am trying to figure out what med is making me so damn tired.
i can't wake up.in the AM it is like a coma.. so i get up at 11 am and see all the work on the house and have no energy to clean or garden and if i have energy it seem like i have pain.
i feel like i am loosing my life.. who i am because it takes so long to accomplish things the time flies and another day to try to figure it all out.
i am depressed. it will pass.

thefarm 04-27-2012 08:21 AM

The cymbolta & Nuerontin made fatigue worst for me. I'd get up in the morning & lay on the couch exhausted. Exhaustion is nothing new but the exhaustion from the meds was worst. For instance, I'd soak in the bath & not want to move my arms or legs. I dreaded washing my hair or body because I was too exhausted to move...
With Savella I get right out of bed. Slowly because it hurts but I'm able to get up without laying there trying not to fall back asleep... It doesn't make me more tired like the others. My Rhum said I could take Lyrica also because of the constant pain but I don't want the side effects from it...
Careful with cymbolta, it really is a nightmare to Wein off of...

guitargal 04-27-2012 09:41 AM

"For instance, I'd soak in the bath & not want to move my arms or legs. I dreaded washing my hair or body because I was too exhausted to move..."

i know... do you think the savilla is working. what dose are you on. i heard bad side affects on that too
lyrica is similar to neurontin so i thought that was making me tired..
IDK

thanks farm girl

thefarm 04-27-2012 07:28 PM

I'm on 100mg daily... I haven't really noticed side effects except do a higher body temp. I sweat easily... But I am usually the one always freezing so a nice change for me :)

tinlady 05-01-2012 11:16 AM

thanks for your post--i needed to hear someone else to express the exhaustion i feel all the time. i too dread the thought of bathing, washing my hair, etc...i'm so tired and hurt so much. the only relief i get is when i'm asleep--at least i can dream of having a life...

thefarm 05-02-2012 09:09 AM

What else are you taking for pain? I take tramadol but not unless I have to. Don't wanna rely or get used to it... But even then, like yesterday, it didn't do anything for pain... I think I need a stronger pain med & you probably do also... Why should we have to suffer so much? I'm tired of laying on the couch hoping for some relief... So much that needs done & can't... Im at the point now where I want some kinda pain med that will help me live a somewhat normal life...
I read that many people with fibro will have days when they feel almost normal. Do you ever get those? I never do..
Anyhow, guess its time to start pushing for stronger pain meds... I have a friend that takes Vicodin daily & she does really well!