It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

haleyyface HB Userhaleyyface HB User
Any Opinions on Savella?

I am on day 6 of the Starter pack. Just wondering if anyone has positive/negative things to say about their Savella experience??

Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Any Opinions on Savella?

Hi there
I love the savella. I have been on. Ymbolta, lyrics & nuerontin. My pharmisist recommended savella. I believe it doesn't go through the liver.. so easier on the liver. The first 2 months I would get hot flashes but that has passed. Ive never been one to sweat & will vet spittle sweaty now sometimes...
it seemed to give me alittle energy but someone mentioned (Goober) its short lived & they are right. I over exercised during that time & have been paying for it the last two weeks... So if you notice more energy, don't over do it...
hopefully you do well on it!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
(female)

haleyyface HB Userhaleyyface HB User

I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you! So far I have minimal side-effects: dry mouth, nausea, some dizziness. Also I have worked out twice since I started it (running) and have gotten major chills when it is 80 degrees outside! I have done a little bit of research about it and its something about my body is not regulating temp. properly... Idk.
I have felt any improvement yet on my aches and pain, but it's still early!!

I'm so glad you are so active on these message boards

Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I may have had the dry mouth, dizzieness & nausea but hard to say... Those are normal symptoms for me & sometimes they are just worst than other times... Nausea gets really bad. If I'm going through a phase where I'm pretty much always nauseous, if I flare up at all I get sick sick ugh

Those side effects may go away in time like my hot flashes did... Hopefully...

With Cymbolta, Lyrica, Nuerontin & Savella they don't feel like they help with pain... But I have went off them going med free & the pain was unbearable... So I know they work even though it doesn't feel like it....
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
(female)

dnz1017 HB User

I tried savella and it just took the edge off the pain...it did not offer me long term help with my extreme pain. I am on cymbalta and lyrica together twice a day and they work amazing...I hope you find something that works for you

Closed Thread

Tags
experiences, fibromyalgia, savella