It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

lovesua HB User
FMS Flareups w/ meds

hi, my dr thinks i have FMS, she started me on Savella....but I'm just wondering if you will still experience any kind of flare ups while your on medication, i dont really understand this disorder, it seems its all in the head?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: FMS Flareups w/ meds

Yes, even on meds there will still be flareups. On the right medicine, flareups will be less frequent and less severe.

In a way it is in your head: The latest theory is that it is a neurological problem. Basically, the volume is turned up too high on our pain nerves, so things hurt more than they should.

What I try to do is just minimize the pain as much as I can and ignore the rest of it. It won't kill me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

This might be the fastest reply here. I just logged on and your post was on top.
First off, if it's all in my head than I'm a freaking nutjob along with many others and possibly you lol. I'm not on Savella, I take cymbalta and yes you still get flare up, they just aren't as severe. Sorry you had to join this little party and welcome to the board.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I wish it were in our heads, be curable cause no one wants it wishful thinking though... It's much more complicated... When ibs & vomiting kicks in its not something you can control. The pain, fatigue, everything is very much real...

I always hurt no matter what. My good days are when the fatigue isn't as bad & pain is more of a soreness... Without the meds pain in unbearable. I would lay on the couch miserable waiting for it to get easier so I can do something... Then I'd finally eat something & take pain meds around 1 or 2 pm. It just isn't worth it so I take Savella. When pain is really bad I take pain meds...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread