It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
What do you do for your feet?

My feet KILL ME all the time!!! It is getting to the point that I can't step on them. I can hardly walk, I had to go to the store today in slippers. I already take pain killers, muscle relaxers, anti depressants, and seizure meds ( i don't even know why I take those). I still have a 9 year old I need to walk. What does every one else do for their feet? PLEASE HELP

The following user gives a hug of support to elle45:
Foxy Brown (04-23-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
Re: What do you do for your feet?

OMG I have this same problem lately the bottoms of my feet hurt when i walk on them. It's so annoying. I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Bummer elle, what kind of pain? the pins and needles?
I was getting muscle pain, kind of in the arch and to the center. It ended up being plantar fasciaitis or how ever it's spelled.. Had orthotics made to fit my feet and it's helped quite a bit.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

My feet hurt as well. I wear slippers with a hard sole everywhere. Only thing that's comfortable. I hate seeing all of my "regular" shoes that I can't wear and miss. Lol. Inserts may help, I need to look into them for myself.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

I get the pins and needles all the time but the pain I'm talking about now I can only describe as feeling as though all the bones in my feet are broken. I've had x-rays and the foot Dr. can't find anything wrong (imagine that). It keeps me awake at night and I have to keep moving them like RLS and when I do move them they crack like crazy. Stepping out of bed in the morning or getting out of the car is the absolute worst. I soak them in hot water, ice water, have two different massagers, you name it I've done it. Well maybe not. Hopefully someone here has some kind of cure I have not tried. I'm desperate.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

I had plantar fascitis. The pain was in my heels,but as the day progressed,both of my feet would ache and burn. I went to my pain mgmt doc and she gave me trigger point injections into a hard lump in my calf muscle. About 3 weeks later, after physicial therapy also, the pain went away. I had had it for over a year, and had given up hope. there is some information about foot pain in my fibro book, including different kinds of fascia in the foot that needs trigger point release. Maybe check with a pain mgmt doctor to see if he/she treats trigger points in the feet? I hope you feel better soon!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
(female)

Dobiegirl51 HB User

I also had plantar fascitis surgery on my right foot along with Mortons neuroma, I have both on my left now....I wear a brace at nite on my left that helps, but what has helped my feet the most is Crocs without them I don't know wut I would do, also Asics athletic shoes help....

Good luck I know when your feet hurt it makes everything else hurt 1000 times more....

Last edited by Administrator; 04-22-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
(female)

Calamity77 HB User

I have severe foot pain as well which has been going on for 6 months and worsening. I now have toe deformity. x-ray normal, but finally I got an ultrasound and this has shown the detail of the soft tissue swelling i have and the nerve involvement. my situation is sort of complicated, but basically what I wanted to tell you is that x-rays are only of limited value. ask your doctor for an ultrasound or MRI. doctors are so quick to fob people off these days. The majority of people do not just make up symptoms for the fun of it and if you know something is not right I would urge you to keep seeking help until someone provides it. I found internet research invaluable for putting me on the right track and basically telling the doctors what I wanted. You might want to look up conditions like plantar faciiatis, mortons neuroma, metatarsalgia. (see if any of the symptoms are recognisable)
let me know how you go.
good luck.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
(female)

Calamity77 HB User

I have severe foot pain as well which has been going on for 6 months and worsening. I now have toe deformity. x-ray normal, but finally I got an ultrasound and this has shown the detail of the soft tissue swelling i have and the nerve involvement. my situation is sort of complicated, but basically what I wanted to tell you is that x-rays are only of limited value. ask your doctor for an ultrasound or MRI. doctors are so quick to fob people off these days. The majority of people do not just make up symptoms for the fun of it and if you know something is not right I would urge you to keep seeking help until someone provides it. I found internet research invaluable for putting me on the right track and basically telling the doctors what I wanted. You might want to look up conditions like plantar faciiatis, mortons neuroma, metatarsalgia. (see if any of the symptoms are recognisable)
let me know how you go.
good luck.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
(female)

Foxy Brown HB UserFoxy Brown HB UserFoxy Brown HB User

I have found nothing that helps with the pain in my feet. It's so bad that, when I first wake in the morning, I have to sit on the side of my bed and wait for about five minutes for the pain to spread through the entire feet so I can hobble to the bathroom. And that's, hopefully, if I really don't have to go in a hurry. I too have tried everything that's mentioned, including applying Voltaren cream at night. The only thing helping are the lidoderm patches, but they're unsightly and I can't wear a dress shoe with them. I wear tennis shoes all the time while at work. Once at home, I haven't met a slipper (house shoe) that I didn't like. I have gone to visit people wearing slippers and they understand. The one good thing about this is I have a job that does not require me to stand on my feet all day. I keep thinking there's something out there. Guess I just haven't figured out what it is yet.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

My daughter bought me slippers that go in the micro for a minute or so and then I put them on my feet. It is delightful. The balls of my feet and the bone on top below the big toe is my problem Foot doc says orthodics to the tune of 450. "let's start there and see how it goes". For 450 it better go really well.There was no guarantee, so, I am without any. I have tried otc ones, and they are ok, but my feet still burn and ache.

Good luck.

Closed Thread