It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
I can't believe it...

(this has nothing to do with fibro, but I want to share with my fibro family so don't take it down please )

So, I got engaged tonight! I'd been bugging him for awhile now that we should get married...and he did it tonight! We're both big nerds so he used a Pokeball to house the ring. I said yes!! I'm a fiancee now, it's crazy. I don't know why he'd want to be stuck with a sick girl like me, but I'm happy he wants to be! I'm so happy guys! I haven't stopped smiling in hours (he did it about 4 hours ago).
(((hugs)))
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: Cerene
catkaru (04-23-2012), Jenn690 (04-23-2012), thefarm (04-21-2012), thesweetlife (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: I can't believe it...

congrats to you little one. it is good to know love. i shall do my happy dance for you today with my friend redwood tree.
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

What a great thing to share with us !! A big congrats

Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Congrats!!!! Very happy for you!!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!
Smile, Dance, Sing... This is your time to be happy, enjoy it & make it last as long as you can! Happiness is good medicine!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #6
(female)

Thank you, everyone! It still seems so surreal...But, now I move on to a harder thing. How do I get through a wedding ceremony, pictures, and then reception? I have a year and 4 months to figure something out and I'm so lost. Mostly it's the energy that bugs me, I can deal with the pain if I use some of my lower dose stuff...but how do I help the energy? I usually crash early evening and don't get up till late morning. I do what exercise I can (walking, stationary bike, etc) and that doesn't help either. Any ideas?
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

plan your wedding around your abilities, not what others may want. you can have a seperate day for pics you know. break it into stages of time and then what you can reasonably do in a day.
the biggest draw on your energy will be the fear of not being up to it the day your special day arrives. trust me, it's a total waste of energy. when your mind goes there just tell yourself to shut up and move on.
you could discuss short term use of steroids to get you thru with energy with your doctor, or vit B shots.
electrolyte suppliments help me get a boost. whatever you do, don't count on caffiene. it will drop you like a stone later.
peace,
blue

Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
(female)

Thanks blue. I don't use caffiene anyways because it gives me panic attacks, ha ha, but I will make sure to keep it in mind. Hopefully by that point I'll actually have a rhuemy or a GP that I trust, cause I don't really put a lot of faith in the one I have now. I am a huge worrier, so that will probably be my biggest drain. That and freaking out about making sure the rest of the day goes well. I never actually thought about having the pictures done a separate day, but that is a fantastic idea! I'll talk to my man about it and see what he thinks. The majority of our wedding party lives in the same city or very close to us, so that could work out quite well. I wrote down your suggestions and will bring them up closer to the date.
Thank you so much!!!
Jenna
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Closed Thread