It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
fibromyalgia & growth hormone deficiency

Went back to see the doctor that diagnosed me with CFS & sent me to my Rhumetologist. She used to work at the Fibromyalgia Clinic at OSHU which is an amazing Hospital for everything! I figured it wouldn't hurt to go back & talk to her.
She seemed alittle irritate my Rhum hasn't ran blood work recently. I guess we are supposed to get it done yearly. Then she ordered x-rays on my neck because I wrecked a quad about 4 yrs ago & with fibro, deal with a lot of neck pain. When I wrecked I didn't have insurance so never had it checked out.
Anyhow, she thinks I might have growth hormone deficiency. With thyroid issues, can't lose weight, derealization, nausea & vomiting then pain & fatigue is only getting worst. She told me to look up: fibromyalgia growth hormone deficiency & it really makes sense... Btw, I'm 5' 2" lol do wouldnt be surprised. But really this Growth Hormone is what repairs our bodies while sleeping. It has a lot to do with our health.
She ran tests including that one. She's going to look at my MRI & I may have to have a new one since its been awhile. She's also looking at sending me to the Fibromyalgia Clinic at OSHU! I really think this appointment went well!
Btw, this Growth Hormone is locate in the pituitary gland which I found has a connection to Derealization which I have had 24/7 for 13 yrs. Also ha allot to do with thyroid among other things.
You can take growth hormones which has managed to lessen pain & fatigue, but really expensive. Curious what my tests will show...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: fibromyalgia & growth hormone deficiency

Sounds like it went very well . Glad that you have more answers and would be awesome if you go to the clinic. Hopefully you are able to function better.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Tori, that all sounds very interesting. When I have more time later I'll google that and do some reading. That clinic could be just what you need to get yourself to a manageable place.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You
I guess this growth hormone is very common with fibro & doesn't hurt to be tested for it...
With the neck issue I remembered Something from my childhood I'd forgotten... I was around 9 & my step dad knocked the breath out of me. He did that a few times but that last time I remembered I couldn't breath at first & when I could, it hurt to breath. My upper back, shoulders, neck & chest hurt really bad for around 3 months. It had eventually went away.
Then with the quad accident a few years ago it's no wonder I have the neck, back & shoulder pain. I'm interested to see what the X-rays will show...

Anyhow, I really feel we got somewhere yesterday & really happy about it!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread