It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

esbashar1 HB User
Question Bursitis and muscle spasms.

Hi everyone, I haven't been here in a while. I started having problems with hip bursitis about 6 months ago. I waited for a while because I thought it was just part of the fibro but it got so bad I couldn't turn over in bed or stand up without support so I went to the dr. I was refered to an orthopedic surgeon who did a cursory exam, said 'you need a shot' and sent his nurse or pa in to do the cortisone injection. I didn't notice any relief for several weeks but it did gradually subside. It returned about 6 weeks later and I went in right away this time. Had another shot but it's been getting worse ever since -it's been about 4 weeks since the last shot. About 2 weeks ago, I started having horrible muscle spasms in the same area as the bursa and now they're in my hip and lower back. All the ortho can suggest is PT. I'm supposed to schedule that in the morning but in the meanwhile, has anyone had any experience with this same kind of symptom? I'm thinking about going to a rheumi to get this checked. My fibro has been so much better that I hadn't been to one since the last one ticked me off. But these pains and spasms have set me up in a flare and it's really limiting my life.

The following user gives a hug of support to esbashar1:
farmgirl12 (04-29-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Bursitis and muscle spasms.

I get spasms all the time, just another part of the FM with me. Sorry you are back into a flare after such a nice long break. Did the dr look for other things that could be causing your hip pain and spasms aside from the FM and bursitis?
I had bursitis in my hip and had a couple shots and it went away and luckily has stayed away. It's a pretty darn painful spot to have it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread