It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
"Aides" you use to help

Just curious as to what all, if any, you use to help get around when it's hard. Right now I have a soft cervical brace (3 bulging discs+fibro=:-(), knee brace, wrist brace.

I have tendonitis in my right knee and doing pt for it but the last week it's like the muscles are just wanting to stay tight and so exercises I do at home aren't working. Almost feel like I need a cane to help me since my legs hurt sooo bad and feet too and sometimes it's hard to get aorund.

Gonna be getting one of those reachers that you can grab stuff with.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: "Aides" you use to help

I have the hurting feet and stiffness back with me lately. I really don't use anything, but I hear you about the cane. I get up sometimes and boy do I hobble along until I can get my feet and legs working better. The grabber thing is a good idea, my brother bought me one, but my DIL needed it when she was in the final stages of her pregnancy and I never did get to use it. I don't need it for picking things up off the floor like she did, my brother got it so I could get things from up high.....I'm short! My DIL said it was great though for picking up paper and socks and things on the floor. Not only was her tummy in the way, but she always has trouble with her back when pregnant. I would definitely consider a grabber.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Leaning or bending or crouching down is very hard for me and usually have my kids do it for me. Lower back is messed up from having epidurals.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Hello mom477. How did you get those 3 bulging disks in your neck?
I also have pain all over. Especially the neck is the worse.

Listen, first advice, do not go to any chiropractor.
Second advice is a friend of mine, a good one, adviced me to go to a myofascial pain release that one is for pain. It suppose to help and I don't think it can hurt your neck.
They don't do manipulation like the chiropractors.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I'm not much of a cane person, but I do grab my walking stick if need be. I also have a lumbar brace and orthotics for my shoes.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
Hello mom477. How did you get those 3 bulging disks in your neck?
I also have pain all over. Especially the neck is the worse.

Listen, first advice, do not go to any chiropractor.
Second advice is a friend of mine, a good one, adviced me to go to a myofascial pain release that one is for pain. It suppose to help and I don't think it can hurt your neck.
They don't do manipulation like the chiropractors.
IDK actually. Had a car accident 15 yrs ago and then another minor one 1 yr after that. Neck didnt start causing me probs till 10 yrs ago but could be from the accidents. Also have DDD so that doesn't help.

I went and got a pair of Dr Scholls shoes and a cane yesterday. Gotta say need to get used to using the cane but will come in handy when I need to do stairs

Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

WW I forgot about the orthotics as a helper. I have had them for years and they really do help.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

mom477, you must be suffering a lot.
ARe you able to rest your neck on the pillow? doesn't your neck hurt you when you rest it on the pillow?

I am so sorry you suffer like that. I am suffering too, believe me. In fact, all the time.
Chronic pain is not something you can get used to.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Nochange, you got that right bout chronic pain. I can never find relief with anything including pillows. Never comfortable. Its rare that I sleep soundly. In fact the only time that happens is after months of not getting alot or enough rest or sleep my body will just zonk out for a night and I will sleep through the night. I normally get 2-3 hrs a night

Closed Thread