It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
(female)

Xcommochica HB User
Unhappy In a wheelchair becasue of this pain... plz help!

I was diagnosed with CMP August of 2009. I since then have gotten very sick I dropped weight in like 4-5 months 50 LBS and had and still have no desire to eat. Well within the last year I had been trying to convince my doctors that something was wrong but since I brushed my hair and wore clothes to my appointments they seemed to never take me seriously. Your probably thinking what does she mean brush her hair and wear clothes to an appointment,....duh common sence, the difference is I am seen by a VA hospital the only thing besides seeing the doctor is the phyc doctor so ya I will keep the clothes and brushed hair. anyways,... I got to the point that I couldnt move my body, cant walk, all I would do is shake really bad and cry. well 13 months later now I am in a wheel chair and need a cane to walk, And my husband is bathing me. I find out mid month April I definately have Fibromyalgia and I am allergic to the families of medications that would be used to treat fibromyalgia. I go to my Reumatology appoinment 3 hours away just to cry all the way home, BTW I cannot drive my legs and feet hurt to bad to handle driving. I am not sure what to do, I am currently taking Oxycode 30 which Its been 3 months on just 30 mg dosage and I am not getting the quality of life my houshold needs. I am a mother of a 3 and 5 yr old and they suffer to see me in so much pain mind you I cannot hold them or hug them sometimes. Is this what Fibromyalgia does to you? Is Fibromyalgia what is causing me to be so disabled? Everything I have read on Fibromyalgia does not give the perspective from the sufferer! I need help I need my life back![/2][/]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
(female)

Xcommochica HB User
Re: In a wheelchair becasue of this pain....plz help!

Is this common for fibro? I was also told it may be lupus can this be a combination of both, one or the other? I dont know anyone with Fibro or lupus and how to know what to do in this state of mind!

The following user gives a hug of support to Xcommochica:
mom477 (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: In a wheelchair becasue of this pain... plz help!

A neurologist or rheumatologist would be great doctors to see. HAs blood tests been done to see if its Lupus?

Past 4 months has been really hard for me to the point I'm gonna be getting a cane to help me walk as my legs are really affected whereas they really weren't before. I also have other health issues that don't make having fibro a breeze.

I feel for you as I have 2 young children (2 older ones too) to take care of and alot of it I can't do. Big HUGS!!!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: In a wheelchair becasue of this pain... plz help!

Welcome to the Board!
I have a friend with fibro also. About 20 yrs ago she was in the air force working on jets. One day while working she started to hurt for no reason. She went home & the next morning the pain was severe. She couldn't walk or lift her arms. Not sure how she got through it other than the fact that she wasn't giving in.
Now she keeps busy, I couldn't keep up with her. She does take Vicodin daily. The strongest my Rhum prescribes is Tramadol. I try not to take it very often, don't want to rely on it & have it quit working. But then, took it yesterday & it didn't do anything...
I do fear that I'll need help getting around if it continues to get worst. The pain & fatigue are only getting worst. My leg muscles have been so stiff & painful it hurts to walk, among other severe pain right now... I don't know how to stop the progression. I eat healthy, exercise, ect. I also have 4 kids & it's tough. I have had to put allot on their shoulders.
Anyhow, yes it is likely the fibro giving you so much pain. But, if you feel like there is something else going on, make your doctor listen or see another. Make them run all tests. I know there is something else going on & as of last week, finally have a doc taking me serious & trying to figure out what's going on. My Rhum doesn't help much. He blaimed fibro for everything, doesn't listen & just wants to prescribe meds that don't work.
I really think you should see another doctor. If you are that upset after your appointment then that doc is worthless. You should walk out feeling like you got the help you need & deserve! Please see your primary doctor, tell them what's going on & ask for a referal to a Nuerologist or another Rhumetologist.
I found out we're supposed to have blood work yearly because things can change quickly. I hadn't had it done in over 2 yrs. So, if it's been awhile you need to get it done again.
Don't give up, it will get better! Just need to find the right doctor!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread