HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   Over a week and still no test results? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/899285-over-week-still-no-test-results.html)

thefarm 05-02-2012 08:55 AM

Over a week and still no test results?

I went back to a really good doctor last Tuesday & she ran a bunch of labs, got x-rays done on my neck & she was going to look at my old MRI. I do feel like she listened & really trying to help. But it's been 8 days... I called yesterday & was told she hasn't had a chance to go over the X-rays & she will get back to me. That she wants to have everything back before contacting me.
Why on earth is it taking so long? Maybe she really has been just too busy... I just thought I'd know something by now...

WoodsWalker 05-02-2012 09:06 AM

Re: Over a week and still no test results?

Sit tight Tori, no news is good news. If there was something that showed being terribly wrong you'd of gotten that dreaded the Dr want to see you call.

Agenda 05-02-2012 09:13 AM

Hang on in there what is so important to us is just another days work to them. I agree with woods walker no call is probably good news.

thefarm 05-02-2012 09:17 AM

Thank You for the quick reply! :)
I was tested for Growth Hormone Deficiency & really wanting to know the results on that... Then with such bad neck, shoulder & back pain I had x-rays so curious what those will show.. I wrecked a quad yrs ago & also another accedent as a child. So think those may have caused damage. But I never seen a doc both times...
Guess not helping that I've been hurting so bad! Tramadol is doing nothing for pain. It's especially in my leg muscles & shoulder blade/shoulder... Ouch! Then usual neck pain so now fibro headache kicking in... You know how it is, frustraiting...
Anyhow, I'll be patient until Friday... After than not so sure lol

bluelakelady 05-03-2012 06:48 AM

tori,
call the place you had the work done and get your own copies. just don't freak if you don't understand the results. giggle. 8 days is a bit of time to wait, however, depending on the doctors desire to do right by you, it could be a good thing. tis true if there was a reason to call, giggle, they would have. like i believe that? giggle. be a pest. a nice pest, but a pest none the less. giggle.
peace,
blue

thefarm 05-04-2012 08:37 AM

I called them yesterday. Everything looks normal, surprise surprise lol I will admit I was disapointed. Will so much neck pain & everything I'd hoped they'd fine something fixable so that maybe it would help... They did a simple blood test on the growth hormone deficiency & I guess that was normal. I just can't help but wonder if there is something hormone related. All my issues started when I got pregnant with my first child & fibro kicked in right after the last one was born. Then with the derealization it's never went away in 13 yrs. I read that it could be caused because of a pituitary disorder. So I was hoping to get answers... I've seen a endo before, lots of tests & no help. I think this dic may be referring me to another one...
I really want to get rid of the derealization. I'm just so sick of it & spent 13 yrs trying to figure out how to get rid of it. Maybe it's time to throw in the towel & just deal with it? If it were fixable it would have probly been fixed by now right?
Fibro pain just keeps getting worst. Feel like I'm always in a flare. I'm not sure why, do pretty good at keeping stress controlled & been really good at not over doing it. Atleast it's not the headache or puking flare but close enough. But at te beginning of fibro it was mild. Now I just always hurt so much & fatigue is awful. Exercise doesn't help, eating healthy, doing my best to get enough sleep.
Ugh, sorry I guess my mind is on overload lol