It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User
magnesium malate brands????

Was recommended by other FMers to try magnesium malate - I have been taking magnesium oxide, but it just makes me go to the bathroom too much and I don't feel it helps with my pain.

I do need capsules because I have a hard time swallowing tablets ... I have found some by the brand name Source Naturals - just wondering what brands you all use and find work best???

Thanks - MaryAnn

Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: magnesium malate brands????

Source Naturals are what I take. They are a large pill. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it in a cap. If you have a health food/ vitamin shop close by you could always go look.
It may not be much different as far as making you go.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
Twinkie50 (05-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
(male)

Gstien HB User

I take one capsule a day, of 500mg Magnesium Oxide.
If this is the same thing, I get mine at GNC.
Seems to be a good price for what I get, but then again I get more products there than just Magnesium.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

The Malate part of Magnesium Malate is Malic acid , it's a natural fruit acid that is present in most cells in the body and is an important component of numerous enzymes key to ATP synthesis and energy production. If you search malic acid you'll find plenty of info and reasons why it's good for FM.

I've been thinking of taking a dose of Malic acid aside from the Mag Mal.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I take the Malic Acid as magnesium malate and it doesn't cause the potty problem. I order mine from puritans pride. They have quit a selection of things and sometimes have some good sales. Mine is a big tablet though, they may have capsules.

Closed Thread