It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Weak bladder

Does anyone suffer with a weak bladder with their fibromyalgia. I noticed this a few months after the fibro started and am wondering if it is related or just coincidence.

Last edited by Agenda; 05-05-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Weak bladder

hi,
i do but i am over 50 and have had a child so i kinda expected it. it did start about the same time and i still have problems sometimes. it's cyclic for me so i think it could be tied in somehow to the existance of fibro in my body as well.
by weak what do you mean? you pee often or have accidents? can't hold much pee and have to run for it? laughing make you pee a bit, or coughing?
i had a mesh implant put in under my urethra and that helped with accidents. it has it's downside and it's upside. like everything in life, giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

That's interesting mine is cyclic as well. To answer your question not being able to hold much and having to run quickly at times. I can have the odd leak if I cough but not all the time.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I have a weak bladder but I contribute it to giving birth to 5 children. But who knows what its from lol

Old 05-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I'm just recently noticing this... Its embarrassing but I leaked alittle the other day & didn't even feel like I had to pee... Never had this before except maybe while prego... But I know that's not it thank goodness!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
i will share what my doctors told me. admitting they know little as it is. because i have fibro and sjogrens they tend to take turns acting out with my bladder. even tho what they do is much the same. over activate my pee responser. giggle. of course some of the issue is age and use of my body to reproduce. however, the feeling of having an infection, needing to pee often, having bladder pain and kidney soreness, that's sjogrens. the irritable gotta pee all the time is fibro. the accidents are age and use. it's worth a simple blood test to rule out sjogrens and i do suggest it to everyone with fibro. giggle.
i love those days when everyone is in harmony inside my body. today should be a good one for me. my cycles last 1 to 5 days. it's day 6!!!!
peace,
blue
ps. i do not recomend the mesh implant. i jumped on a quick fix and as usual it bit me in the arse.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 05-06-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spelled something wrong, can't find it now!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Agenda (05-06-2012), mom477 (05-06-2012), thefarm (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Thanks for that the rhuemy raised sjorgens as I have dry eyes and mouth he is going to test for it.

Last edited by Agenda; 05-06-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

hi agenda,
i am very glad you are having the blood test done. i hope you do not have it.
peace,
blue

Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Yea think I will get tested for it. I will see my doc for refills the end of the month and will bring it up then. Can sjorgens affect teeth?

Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Yes it can my dentist said it can cause decay and loose teeth.

The Following User Says Thank You to Agenda For This Useful Post:
mom477 (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I didn't know there was a test for that! I thought it was diagnosed by symptoms. I have many of the symptoms but they could be anything. Doubt I have it but worth testing Thank You Blue!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 05-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I have always had a weak bladder and recently feel much more pain. Had bladder and kidney ultrasounds and all is well. Tell that to my bladder. My gyn thinks it meno related. I dont' care what it's from I would just like to feel more comfortable and not have to pee every two seconds.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

hi 477,
teeth and eyes. all my teeth had to come out after 17 root canals and countless fillings. i have implants in my eyes and have had laser surgery. tho it affects all of your body the dry mouth, eyes and skin get the most attention. it is often missed as it is not a rule out test for fibro. the symptoms are so much the same i am amazed it is not on the list of junk to rule out.
belive me you don't want it. giggle.
cheers to peeing when you want and no drips!
peace,
blue

Closed Thread