It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
stiff neck

As if the hand throbbing, ball of feet pain and general discomfort wasnt' enough, I woke up with a stiff neck going down to the arm. I started lifting really light weights two days ago and am paying for it now. I hate when this happens, as it will last for days and sleeping is just awful. I was allergic to the last muscle relaxer and cant afford another visit to the doctor for another so I know it's just time, but it is soooo annoying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: stiff neck

Hey there!
Try calling your Doc & ask for a prescription to try another med. Mine has been really good at sendin in prescriptions if I call & ask. Worth a shot

I always have the neck pain but go through phases when it's so stiff & hurts so much I can barely turn it... Happens for days, finally doing alittle better. The muscle relaxers don't help me with it not sure why...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
(female)

farmgirl12 HB Userfarmgirl12 HB User

I have tennis balls in a sock that I can massage my neck with this help a bit . I also use a hot water bottle to warm the neck before I use the balls , yes it hurts but does feel better after. Hope you find some relief soon

Old 05-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

Foxy Brown HB UserFoxy Brown HB UserFoxy Brown HB User

These are all the things I do also. I do find that flexeril helps just a little bit, and also the lidoderm patches help. But, if you can stand the heat in the hot weather, the thermal patches that you purchase over the counter really help also. My neck pain is constant and never leaves. I can't say I've grown to live with it, I'm constantly praying for some relief.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Yup me too. Some days or minutes or hours I can move my neck and other times I can't. Neck is messed up as is but fibro makes it worse. Depends on how bad the muscles are knotted up on whether anything will help just a little bit. Muscle relaxers have never helped me at all. Heat usually doesnt either

Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I actually worked two days ago with the stiff neck doing really physical work and it seemed better. I guess not babying it like I would normally do helped. It hurt like crazy at first, but I didnt have a choice, so I plugged along. It is still a little tight, but is getting better. At least sleep last night was better and that is a good thing.

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Have you tried Tiger Balm at all? it might not get rid of all the pain and stiffness but it'll help some if you can get past the aroma.

If it does not help the neck it surely will clear your sinuses if you're stuffy.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I will try it as long as I dont have to go out. Yes, my sinuses could use a dose as well.
Thanks

Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
(female)

bluemoondaisy HB Userbluemoondaisy HB Userbluemoondaisy HB User

I get a really stiff neck a lot, sometimes to the point it is painful to move it and it snaps and cracks a lot. I hate taking too many pills and prefer natural rememdies and I have found massage to be really good for my neck and other muscles. I use nutmeg oil and lavender oil (diluted in olive oil so it doesn't irritate the skin) make it feel a lot better. It is easy to find out about massage oils on the internet and you can buy them fairly cheaply too. I don't know about you but I just feel better knowing I have taken one less set of pills for something, I already feel like I should be rattling :-p

Closed Thread