It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
(male)

lostsouls HB User
Ear sensitivity-sleep destroyed- hyperacusis / tinnutis

hope anyone can help..
i went on holiday 4 years back, had my four back teeth removed(stupid i know), came back to the uk and after few months had jaw problems, ear pain , sensitive hearing -especially when i slept, headaches, exhaustion,

after two years of crap doctors i got some gum shield type splint for my teeth which has improved jaw pain, and these ear gizmos that omit white noise

yet the ear symptons have worsened, i wake up something like 8 times a night- sleep between 4- 6 hrs a night- used to sleep 8-9-. have lost my job left my last year of my degree(nights) and split up with my fiance- am completely devastated by all this, not sure what to do - have aged like 10 years in the last 2 , constantly exhausted - at my last ebb really am, hope someone can help
not sure what else to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

sandi2932 HB User
Re: Ear sensitivity-sleep destroyed- hyperacusis / tinnutis

You will probably be told it's TMJ. I had ear pain and everything was bothering me. Music was too loud yet to others it wasn't. I heard that ear issues are one of the symptoms of fibromyalgia, but I remembered a few years earlier my dentist pulled one of my wisdom teeth and had a really hard time pulling it . I wondered if it was from that. I spent quite a bit of money on retainers to treat TMJ. It didn't work I still had all the symptoms. After I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia the dentist told me there was a different treatment. I stopped going after that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

Hi, we are just a sensitive bunch. Noise, light, heat, cold.

I haven't had the extreme ear symptoms you're having, do have tmjd, some tinnitus. it could be the fibro too, so maybe some of the things that turn down our over reacting systems. Meds don't do much for me, but lots of people have better luck.

I can relate to the exhaustion of sleep deprivation.

My pain doc suggested an in depth sleep study for approval to take GHB. Yaeh, the date rape drug. It also promotes alpha wave sleep, which there's not enough of with FM.

I don't want to do it until I'm desperate, cause doc says can't get up to pee, one of his patients put her head thru a wall she was so out of it. I assume you've tried sleep meds?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

What type of Dr are you seeing? You need a referal to a Rhumetologist if you haven't already...
I know it's frustraiting to be hit with so much & no idea what's going on or how to fix it. One step at a time & you will find answers & it will get better
I don't have the tmj, just sensitive to loud noises, especially when I'm more exhausted or hurt more... With 4 kids I'm probly a moody mom lol
I know you probably feel hopeless, that's to be expected. Family & Friends don't get it & not always the best support system. But it's hard for us to understand... It has to be difficult for them. But right now, focus on yourself. In time you will find answers & with treatment you may be able to return to school & get an even better job. It's not all over... You just have to learn to live life differently. Eventually you will also find someone who is supportive & will stick by you through sickness & in health
Anyhow, welcome to the board!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
(female)

RavenSkies777 HB User

I can relate to your frustrations so much! The sole cause of my Fibromyalgia is due to an improperly performed root canal. The dentist dislocated my right jaw joints and damaged the nerves around the tooth that was worked on. As a result I have TMJ and tinnitus. I wish I could offer you more help....I have a night guard as well which has given me a ton of relief. If you tend to grind your teeth while you sleep you will probably need to have your guard adjusted by your dentist from time to time in order for it to support your joints properly. I have a white noise app on my iPod that helps a great deal when sleeping. I have read that some people find earplugs helpful at night but for me they make the ringing worse.

Closed Thread