It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
How did I not go into a major flare?

Hey everyone,
I never feel well. Feels like atleast a mild flu then always atleast sore & tired. Among other things of course. But those are good days. Anymore I generally hurt, exhausted & often nauseous & just never feel well.
On Monday my husband had friends over to help clean up the property & farm. He's a cub scout leader & we had all the scouts coming over to visit the farm. Anyhow I couldn't let them do all the work so I popped some meds & got down there. I'm used to pushing myself so I got moving & didn't stop except to drink poweraid. Once I get started its hard for me to stop. I knew I over did it so I figured I might as well keep going. Everyone else was done probly 1-2 hrs before me. Well except my oldest daughter, such a great helper!
Anyhow, I've been making sure to rest but still getting what needs done, done...
It's been 3 days & No major Flare? Just the usual soreness I always have, maybe alittle more & of course fatigue. But usually when I over do it I'm in sooo much pain & can't keep anything down all day. I've had flares last 3 weeks (no vomiting) just from over exercising.
I just don't understand why I don't feel like I'm dying? Im alittle more sore today but nothing i cant handle. I've been doing well at managing stress & also been right on top of my meds & vitamins. I am alittle stressed since my renters make me jump through hoops to get rent $... Then hubby & I got into a spat last night. I just get tired of his comments on how boring I am then last night he mentioned being envious of his friends exciting life & I cut him off before he could finish. Tired of being a disapointment & not good enough. Starting to wonder how much longer our marriage will last. I love my husband but he makes an already difficult situation sooo much worst.
Anyhow, sorry so long & I go of topic... Have any of you guys been able to avoid major flares like that?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Last edited by thefarm; 05-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
farmgirl12 (05-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
(female)

farmgirl12 HB Userfarmgirl12 HB User
Re: How did I not go into a major flare?

I'm so sorry the farm that you are going though all this crap. But I must say I am so glad you didn't have a flare. I cleaned the inside of my truck today and that killed me. Sounds like husband should have said thank you to you for your help, but if he is like mine there is no way that would happen. Is there a new moon or something men tend to be worse when there is a new moon, full moon and when the cold front is coming. I am sending you soft hugs.

The Following User Says Thank You to farmgirl12 For This Useful Post:
thefarm (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hey tori,
you got a freebie, enjoy it!! sure those happen. that's what make fibro so much fun. we never know if pay will follow play. giggle. forget why, just enjoy!
dancing with joy for you!
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
thefarm (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Enjoy the non-flare days

The Following User Says Thank You to mom477 For This Useful Post:
thefarm (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You both! You're right, I am so glad I didn't pay for this one & I'm thankful for that! Fibro is just so stinking weired! Lol I wouldn't mind more freebies
My husband commented when we were working that day that it was nice seeing me like that again. It's not something I usully do... I push myself like that only when I have to because the price is usually too high to pay...
We've been having money issues as usual & not getting rent hurts be because we are going to have to overdraft to make the house payment... Wish I could just sell it. But the only income I have coming in is child support & it's not much. It covers the gas of driving them to their dads & picking them up. So I know my husband is irritated e works so hard & I don't do enough. I filed for disability last year but still waiting to see te judge, in the 3rd phase. Can only hope I get it, could really use it. ugh
Anyhow, I know it'll work out... Trying to not stress over stuff & just do my best... Stress but doesn't do any good right
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 05-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #6
(female)

Shadowsmom42 HB User

I have to agree.....you got a freebie, LOL. Yes, it happens like that once in a while. I get the exact same way. Comes down to this: You will have good days, bad days, really good days and really bad days......I know, most of the time we have those bad days but it sure is nice to have those really good days in there, isn't it? Hope you're still feeling halfway decent.....take care.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You
Yes still doing ok... The usual fatigue, sore ect but really can't complain. I've been busier lately & managing so that's really nice... I know I gotta pace myself cause it'll all pile on & I'll be down again for awhile... So just trying to rest & not over do it again like the other day. You are right, there are good days, bad days, really good days, & really bad days! Lol never looked at it that way but sooo true! I wish our good days made us atleast feel like a normal healthy person. But I'll take what I can get Having nice sunny days helps!

Take Care!
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread