It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Wish good days lasted

I felt good for 1 day this week and now I hurt bad. It's like 1 step forward and 6 steps back. Saw a different neurosurgeon for my neck issue and he did a full exam on me. You know that prong thingy they hit and then put on your skin to see if you feel the buzzing? I could feel it in my left side but not my right side. My right foot was completely numb to it.

Anyways he wants me to go back to my neurologist and see him again. Thinks I should start on a low dose muscle relaxer and take half of it and see if it helps. See my neurologist next month and will start on muscle relaxers then.

I will also start intense physical therapy that focuses on my whole body and that will be for 3 months. Hope that will help me to feeling better more days than none.

Also for those of you with sjorgrens are you easily dehydrated?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Wish good days lasted

Hey there! Looks like you're on the right path! Hopefully this will all help
I take muscle relaxers for sleep & works well! I take it right before I want to fall asleep & hits me 20 mins later... I haven't noticed it help with pain during the day but didn't make me drowsy so that's good... I have noticed I hurt more the next day if I don't take it before bed...
Blue has sjorgrens & says she gets thirsty... I'm sure she'll reply soon
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
mom477 (05-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Muscle relaxers knock me out hard and for hours and hours. I sleep too soundly and having kids it just doesn't work. So not really wanting to try em again but I will if it's the lowest dose and its half of a pill. Doctors are still stumped at what else could be going on. Gonna see bout being tested for sjorgrens this month. I get dehydrated really easy.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi 477,
did i hear someone offer me water? giggle. oh my yes i do get like the sahara on a dry day. all the water in the world does not quench the thirst my body has. you can increase your sodium intake. helps retain fluids. i get the salt shaker, (organic mined salt) and some corn chips and sprinkle and eat. it helps me. maybe 10 chips and a fair amt. of salt. as strong as i can stand it. wrinkles my tongue. giggle.
there will always be times when you feel like you are going backwards. you get used to it. on a 3 steps back day i just check out and chill out. no point stressing over the unchangables in life.
do the best you can and pat yourself on the back for all that you do for your health.
the sprays they make for dry mouth are helpful. so far oasis is the best tasting and longest lasting. do you see your dentist often? be sure you go at least every 6 months. dry causes decay.
peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 05-12-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: queen dork moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
mom477 (05-12-2012)
Closed Thread