It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Sore skin.

Does any one here suffer from sore skin. I am wondering if it is part of fibromyalgia or maybe a reaction to one of my meds.

By sore skin I mean just the surface of the skin is very sore to touch at the moment it is all the left side of my face last week it was the right. A couple of weeks ago it was all the outside of my right thigh. The nearest I can come to describe the sensation is it feels like bad sunburn.

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Sore skin.

hi ann,
yes and yes. it will come and go like fibro does. tho i did have a period of 4 years when i could not wear anything but light long hippie dresses and no undies.
not much you can do other than dress loose. sometimes biofreeze sorta dulls it.
it is possible that a med you are on is causing it or amplifying it. check with your pharmacist. they know the most.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. it does feel like a sunburn. thanks, i never could explain it quite right.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 05-17-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: add post script

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Agenda (05-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
(female)

SpicyGirl82 HB User

I have been having this sort of pain lately. It feels as though I have a bad sunburn all over my back, shoulders, and neck. But the fact is, I don't have a sunburn. Its rather weird.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I get that on my legs ,arms and back. I remember when I was first trying to find out what was wrong with me a couple docs looked at me like I was nuts when I would say my skin hurts and is super sensitive.

All I could figure out was loose clothes or run around naked. I really do like my neighbors and don't want to scare them so doing yard work naked was not an option.

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
Twinkie50 (05-21-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
(female)

bren48 HB User

I have a similar problem that seems to crop up if it's cold and I'm tired, mostly in fall & winter when I'm up late at the computer and let the fire go out lol, anyway, it feels like there's broken glass on my skin. As I crawl into my bed I have to plan my plunge as I know each movement is torture, funny you would think that after a couple of times I would make sure I don't put myself in that situation but.......
My doctor also looked at me like I was nuts.

The Following User Says Thank You to bren48 For This Useful Post:
Agenda (05-21-2012)
Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agenda View Post
Does any one here suffer from sore skin. I am wondering if it is part of fibromyalgia or maybe a reaction to one of my meds.

By sore skin I mean just the surface of the skin is very sore to touch at the moment it is all the left side of my face last week it was the right. A couple of weeks ago it was all the outside of my right thigh. The nearest I can come to describe the sensation is it feels like bad sunburn.

Thanks in advance,

Ann
Absolutely - its one of my worse symptoms. Last night, out of the blue, my right leg from above my knee up to my groin felt like a severe sunburn. I could not even stand my soft pj's touching my leg. Motrin did nothing...It felt like it was on-fire, *****ly pain .... and I do get it all over the place a times. It moves around. Sometimes goes away for months and months only to return in different places. Its awful, but know that yes, it is common with FM. MaryAnn

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twinkie50 For This Useful Post:
Agenda (05-21-2012)
Closed Thread