It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

Jessbeachberry HB User
New to the Board but not to FMS

Hi, all,

I am new to this board but was diagnosed with FMS almost 14 years ago when I was 20. At that time, and for many years after, my main complaints were migraines and sleep disturbances. I was put on Trazodone nightly and that seemed to help. However, 6 years ago I had several surgeries related to gallbladder and pancreatic issues. Ever since then, I have been suffering with terrible/debilitating pain, IBS, depression, anxiety, and lack of concentration on top of the sleep issues and migraines. I take Lexapro for the depression, Adderall for ADHD and concentration problems (it also helps the fatigue sometimes), Trazodone for sleep issues, Lortab or Tramadol as needed for pain/migraines, and I have just been prescribed Lyrica.

I guess I am just finally looking to get some support from others who struggle with disease. I feel like a mess-like there is always something wrong with me and like I am always complaining or having to take a new med! It is frustrating! I have two kids-8 and 10 and I feel like I can't be the kind of mom I want to be because I am always achy and tired. Looking to maybe make some "friends" who understand what it is like and do 't think I am some crazy, lazy hypochondriac!

The following user gives a hug of support to Jessbeachberry:
trobinson (05-23-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: New to the Board but not to FMS

hi jess,
welcome to the board. you will make friends. you are not crazy, you are not lazy. yes you have a health issue or 30, however, you are not alone, not anymore. giggle, you came here. we are a good loving bunch of fibromighty humans.
i want to tell you life is not over, just different. i have a ton of junk wrong with my body but she gets me around and i do love her so. be kind and loving to your body. as kind as you are to your kids. you can do this.
i too feel like a walking pharmacy. but, and it's a big but, i am up and around living my life. so it's worth it to me to take what i take for what i have. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Jessbeachberry (05-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
(female)

farmgirl12 HB Userfarmgirl12 HB User

Welcome Jess we are all here for each other as we are the only ones that know what each other is going though. We all have bad days and comming to this board can make a bad just a bit better.I'm sure you will make some good friends here, so feel free to rant or just say what's on your mind, we know how you feel.

The Following User Says Thank You to farmgirl12 For This Useful Post:
Jessbeachberry (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
(female)

Jessbeachberry HB User

Thanks, bluelakelady! I think support will help, and also seeing there are others like me. I also see the posts of those worse than I am, and I am thankful I can still get around and do most of what I need to do!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
(female)

Jessbeachberry HB User

Thanks, farmgirl!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

Hi jess, welcome to the board. I can relate to whAt you are saying about the kids. I have 6 and feel guilty some days because I cannot do the things I would like to with them. It helps to know other people feel the same.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
(female)

holinessone HB User

You are never alone...there are many of us out here who suffer with this terrible illness...I was diagnosed about 2 years ago with Fibromyalgia. My physician said that because I already have RSD or CRPS, that it's common to end up with another chronic problem!! I didn't need anything else!! I totally understand what you go through; I have tried numerous medicines and treatments..because we don't "look" sick, people tend to look at us like we're crazy when we complain. If you ever need a shoulder, I'm here for you and will say a prayer for you, as well!! God bless, and gentle hugs to you!!

Last edited by holinessone; 05-24-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User

Hello Jess and welcome to the Board. These ladies have given you some very wise information and, I'm sure, welcome direction to help you out.

Its true that we're all in this together, and by helping each other out, we're also helping ourselves.

My ailments mirror yours except I'm 59 and found out that I have ADHD last summer. I've been working on the physical side of Fibro for about three decades, even though I was only diagnosed 3 years ago. I knew something was very wrong with me physically and mentally for my whole adult life. A doctor who diagnosed degenerative disc disease in my 20s told me the only way to keep its progression to a minimum is to "stay strong". Meaning, work out, walk, swim, take the stairs, move all the time-fortunately not hard for me with ADHD. I found that the pains and really bad days are minimized if my muscles are at least toned with stretching exercises. Any walking or taking the stairs, swimming, etc., are just muscle building bonuses.

I still have chronic pain that makes me gasp and I'm no hero, but if I can get past it with pain rubs or other medication, my mood improves greatly. Some days, my energy levels are affected so much that I can actually lie on the couch with the remote control for up to an hour. Then I have to get up and can easily get distracted and stay up for a little while before it hits me again.

So, my advice is to get toned and stay toned, and to try and build physical stamina, and to keep your attention off of yourself as much as you can by finding activities that don't require great focus or physical stamina.

Stay well.

Closed Thread