It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

gina101 HB User
Itching all over!

Not sure if this is fibro related or not? I started out with some burning in the hip, and some shooting pain then the itching started. With a few days of 90 outside and storms moved in and now the itching has started and right side of my face tingling and half of my lip. I never had the itching before, the rest i guess is fibro related because it happens all the time.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Itching all over!

Good morning Gina, Itching can be from fibro, other health issues, drug reaction or even dry skin.

But the shooting pain and tingling you describe doesn't sound like fibro or at least not anything I've experienced from FM. Have you had any back problems or pinched nerve issues before? I get tingling and numbness , but it's all back related for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
gina101 (05-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I agree with WW bout the tingling and numbness. My neck and lower part of face is numb most of the time and Ive brought it up to numerous doctors but they have no clue why unless its the hydrosyrinx (cyst) that is INSIDE my c spine (neck)

The Following User Says Thank You to mom477 For This Useful Post:
gina101 (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
(female)

gina101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsWalker View Post
Good morning Gina, Itching can be from fibro, other health issues, drug reaction or even dry skin.

But the shooting pain and tingling you describe doesn't sound like fibro or at least not anything I've experienced from FM. Have you had any back problems or pinched nerve issues before? I get tingling and numbness , but it's all back related for me.
No known back issues, Dr has done the nerve test study and found nothing. The itching has gone and has been replaced with knots in my neck and arms. Husband has Bio freeze from his therapy and it is helping with the knots and pain in the neck.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

My first reaction to itching was also possible drug reaction. May be its possible to fall in the category of allodynia type pain?? No idea on that.

The nerve pain in your face, if unrelated to your jaw, could be coming from the trigemenal nerve. It has a branch across the top, across cheek, and lower closer to jaw level. Sorry I don't know a great deal about it, could be a neuralgia type pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rhaquel For This Useful Post:
gina101 (06-02-2012)
Closed Thread