It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

chloexoxo HB User
So confused... need help please!!

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Im 45 and have had fibro for about 5 years now. I have had bouts where i am fine..and then like now where im just not at all. I also have tmj, IBS, GERD and sciatica along with other aches and pains every day. I was abused by my first husband then left him after 22 yrs..then only to get married again two years later,,2010...and divorcing this man because of high pressure stress issues. Anyway...what i am dealing with now is something so odd..weird and i can't seem to get ANY answers at all or anyone to take me seriously.
Since Sept of last year ive had a swelling that comes and goes at the base of my neck on left side and there is a slight swelling on other side of neck. Ive had a couple of pro's tell me its a symptom of fibro and others say no..theres no way its fibro. Its driving me crazy. It swells up with activity and then just plain hurts so bad I have to rest.
I have had several auto accidents in my life. This did appear two weeks after my last husband slammed on the brakes and threw me forward then back. But..not sure if thats what is causing this.
Can someone please give me any insight into this at all??
Meds im on are lyrica, effexor, zanaflex. b/p med, xanax and motrins as needed. Thanks so much...any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: So confused... need help please!!

could it possibly be your muscles tensing up and knotting? Try rubbing it out with some tiger balm or other lotions,oils or balms for muscle strains and see if it helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Have you had an xray of your neck? I would try going to a doctor and having it checked. Maybe a disk problem.
Good luck.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
(female)

chloexoxo HB User

Hello and thanks for your responses. I havent tried rubbing anything on the areas. I have had xrays and all ive ever been told is my neck is straight...ive lost the natural curve in my cervical spine. its always been like this most of my life. My aunt also had this problem for years but never had neck swelling. She has the money so she got help from a chiro to put it back.
This is just so debilitating and I need to be able to work very bad. Im trying hard not to let it get me down. Nobody understands in my family. I feel very alone and its hard. Thanks again....any other ideas greatly appreciated!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

Hope you can get into a doctor when it's swollen. It's hard because appointments are days out, so when it happens call and explain to appointment desk that it's hard to get in while it's active. If they can't help, see if yo can leave a voicemail on the nurse's messages. maybe they could see u at end of the day?

Hang in there, I feel for you. So many personal issues wears you down. Just keep reminding yourself of all the stuff you've dealt with, and believe me, even tho you feel worn down, you can do today, and you'll do tomorrow and the next day, too. I have confidence that if you did 22 years of a bad marriage, you have stamina. The pain is wearing you down, but take some deep breaths in a quiet time, get relaxed and give yourself some nourishing "self talk". Be your own nurturing mother for a couple of minutes. For a couple of minutes feel some peace. You need a break from stress, even if you only do it once a day, it's good for your body to feel the calm. If you can't bring yourself to do that, just close your eyes and breath deeply. In with calm, out with stress.
Set up some cues to do that sometimes. Right before you get out of bed, or on the toilet, or at a red light, or during a commercial. We can't do stress 24 hours a day. Everything begins to feel too catastrophic for your body. I can relate, please believe me on that. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome to the board!
I think you should have an MRI done & also see a Endocrynologists to see if it's something hormone related (thyroid maybe?)... A Nuerologist would probly be your best bet for an MRI... Just keep pushing drs until you get answers... I know it's tough but that's the only way we seem to get the help we need...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 06-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

Now I wish I had a better memory--- was remembering someone on another forum saying she just found out that her GERD medicine can cause magnesium difficiency. (which already a problem for FM.) Google fibromyalgia and magnesium and London for more on that.

I don't know what medicine you're on, and I don't know if my memory can be relied upon, so you might research your med. Osteoporosis was result for someone else on that thread, and I don't know if she was on same med or I vaguely recall her saying prilosec caused her osteoporosis, so she swithed to tums and something else. Sorry, my memory is not the best, so I prefer to give people a link to "check my work",, but that's not allowed.

Vit. D difficiency is somehow tied into all these things too.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
(female)

sandi2932 HB User

I have fibro and have had neck issues for years. I was diagnosed with fibro about a year ago but I think I've had it for several years. My neck pain is normally stress related and also related to my sinuses. I haven't had any swelling though.

Closed Thread