It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Broke my toe and now foot spasms

Did sumthin stupid and dropped a heavy item on my middle toe
It's broken (not the first time for this poor toe), swollen and 20 shades of purple.

This set off a big series of spasms in my foot..I can't curl my toe and of course that is where the worst of them are....

The following user gives a hug of support to WoodsWalker:
thefarm (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Broke my toe and now foot spasms

oh sister,
i am so sorry. there's not a darn thing you can do but wait for it to heal. got any soma in the house? if i were there i would massage your calf and foot for you. maybe a strong salts soak may help. of course you already know to elevate it and stay off it and ice that puppy down. you can do a hot soak. not that the doc can do much, giggle, like nada, have you called to let them know or went it to have it checked out?
how will this affect your girl trip to artistic joy?
sending healing energy from our friend redwood tree and three hugs from me.
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I spent most of yesterday elevating and icing. Gave it a good supporting tape up and went to bed with the foot elevated and out from under the covers, the covers hurt.

This morning the pain was down to a 9.5, more ice. went to finish up shopping for thing I am taking on my trip and some joker decided my foot needed a work out and cut in front of me and stopped short.....OUCH my freaking toe~

The spasms were fibros way to sneak in on the fun and take advantage of a weakened moment and thankfully they have stopped. No drs office visit, done this before and am familiar with how a broken toe feels and they can't do squat anyhow. Now I wabble off to a family event for the afternoon.

Nothing is going to stop me from my week of creative fun, on the road tomorrow morning. Packed and ready! I'll just use the cruise control more than usual on the highway.

I'm feeling that healing energy and hugs already sis.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

I am really big on Magnesium for cramps. Even helps with hiccups (diaphram is a "cramper" too?).

There's a great online article about magnesium and fibro . Think its by Mark London.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I'm sorry just the thought, ouch!
My daughter stubbed her little toe a few weeks ago. It swelled & bruised. I didn't take her in but called the docs office to be on the safe side. I could have took her in for an X-ray but all that would tell me if it was broken for sure.. Otherwise there was nothing we could do that we weren't doing already... But got her a day out of school, no chores for a few days, ect. Keeping her off it as much as possible was the best thing... Hopefully you can do that on your trip... Hope you heal up quickly!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

broke a toe on vacatiion, when I was still with my jerky husband. He told me he wanted to walk on the beach and didn't want to hear any complaining. I got through it OK, and all that walking didn't result in an permanent harm. Enjoy your trip, and don't worry.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you all for the toe encouragement. It still hurts, even after my 80lb dog decided to dance on it last night...another ouch! Last night the spasm worked it's way back out and crept up my leg. I think I'll throw in an extra handfull of magnesium malate for good measure this week. Sharp Knives and muscle relaxers may not be a good combination. Thera canes packed, a few ice packs and now I'm ready to hit the road after a few cups of coffee.. you all have a pain free week with warm breezes surrounding you

Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

WW, hope you have a wonderful trip.....Oh you are already gone.....hope you HAD a wonderful trip. And I don't mean the across the floor kind of trip....giggle! Is your toe better? I have been so busy, I haven't been on the boards for a while. Sorry I didn't get to give you hugs for your owie.

Glojer

Old 06-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Just was googleing cramps, and saw that broken bones do cause them. maybe minerals are getting diverted? nerves are getting a lot of signalling for sure.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Hate the spasms that go along with broken toes. Makes em hurt more. Hope you're having fun on your trip

Old 06-11-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

well, the toe spasm went away slowly and was gone by monday. The pressure kept building and by wed I performed "toe surgery" and lanced a small spot to release the pressure. Did that puppy ever drain. Some of the discolor drained with it and it's a lighter
shade of purple now. Still hurts but I'll live. Good thing I took my walking stick, it got lots of use.

That did not stop me from having a blast. It was so much fun to see people I only get to see there. It was a great week , learned a few new things and I carved until my arm screamed no more. Then I just switched to burning.

The FM stayed at a low level for week # 3 in a row. A little tightening and pain in the neck but over all I cannot complain about it. My window is still open...yay!!
Wore myself out tho, slept half of yesterday away. Now the dreaded chore of unpacking and putting everything away.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:30 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome home sis,
so glad you had a great time. popping a hole in your boo boo sounds like something i would do. giggle. no wonder we are sisters!!
i can't be home till i unpack. leave it overnight? i'd never sleep. take your time unpacking. giggle. over the moon with joy for you and week #3 of nothing but open windows. YEA!!!
love and peace,
blue
ps. what new stuff did you learn????????????

Last edited by bluelakelady; 06-11-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Closed Thread