It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
(female)

purdy123 HB User
Gabapentin

Has anyone tried this medication for fibromyalgia ? I tried lyrica which did nothing for me, in terms of pain ... just bad side effects. Most of my family does not believe that my pain is real, which of course makes things harder, and I suffer from a great deal of depression, now coupled with the fact that my ex - husband
will be able to get away with making no alimony payments, and since I live in Canada, and he now in Arizona, I can not afford to pursue him. Running out of options.

The following user gives a hug of support to purdy123:
crazyhrse (06-07-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User
Re: Gabapentin

Yikes. That is a terrible thing that he moved!
Gabapentin didn't help me, but I had heard good things about it. I'm not really finding success from the FM meds. I also can't do the depression meds. I have controlled my depression as much as possible with walking and stretching routines, but now i have another issue keeping me from that. I hope you can keep moving your body, because it really helps the pain.

Surely you'll get responses, but you can also do a search, as it's bound to be something that's been talked about.
Fingers crossed for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
(female)

crazyhrse HB User
Re: Gabapentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdy123 View Post
Has anyone tried this medication for fibromyalgia ? I tried lyrica which did nothing for me, in terms of pain ... just bad side effects. Most of my family does not believe that my pain is real, which of course makes things harder, and I suffer from a great deal of depression, now coupled with the fact that my ex - husband
will be able to get away with making no alimony payments, and since I live in Canada, and he now in Arizona, I can not afford to pursue him. Running out of options.
Hi, so sorry to hear about you ex. Hope things get better. I tried gabopentin for awhile. It really helped the muscle achy feeling (my worst pressure point is concentrated in lower right side of back). It seemed the perfect drug as it was inexpensive & worked...until I started feeling dizzy whenever I took a dose. I even lowered the dose but didn't help. I always felt "lop-sided" when I walked. My husband, who has severe crohns, tried it and had the same side effect. But...I have a male friend who has been on it for 5 + years and swears it to be his miracle pill! He too has fibro.
Its always worth a try as it is one of least expensive meds being used for fibro. I don't have insurance either

Closed Thread