It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
(female)

Ginger664 HB User
Question Ankle pain

For the last two mornings, I have had severe ankle pain in my right foot. But, after I walk a little it goes away, and being that I walk two miles every morning, it doesn't even hurt then. It is only when I wake up. I have never had this before? Don't know if I need to see a Doctor, or if it is a simple explaination?

Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Ankle pain

welcome ginger marie,
with fibro it's hard to know what's what. it could be the way you sleep causing it. could be a fibro flare up in just that one spot and you kick it's fanny by walking it away. when in doubt it is always best to pester your doctor. that's what you pay them for. help and a bit of peace of mind. have you ever injured that ankle? fibro tends to go to places we injured in the past and dig up the pain of it. the body never forgets and fibro has a way of tapping into that cellular memory and using it for a playground.
again, welcome to the boards. i hope you find us delightful. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
(female)

Ginger664 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Marie View Post
For the last two mornings, I have had severe ankle pain in my right foot. But, after I walk a little it goes away, and being that I walk two miles every morning, it doesn't even hurt then. It is only when I wake up. I have never had this before? Don't know if I need to see a Doctor, or if it is a simple explaination?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
(female)

Ginger664 HB User

Hi bluelakelady, What exactly do you mean when you say "Fibro". I am kinda new to this language. Anyway, I can't remember if I have injured this Ankle before, but if I did, it was not recent. It's only been two mornings that this has happened? I just got done walking 2 miles, and it was perfectly normal?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
fibro is short for fibromyalgia. you will get the hang of the slang. bravo girl for walking 2 miles a day! impressive and so good for you. if it is still bothering you after a week speak to your doctor about it. i do know this disorder causes pain for no reason and likes to move about the body. glad it goes away for you with walking. that tends to make me think it may be fibro related.
peace,
blue

Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
(female)

Ginger664 HB User

Thank you bluelakelady, I will take your advice, and if this is still hurting by next week, I will make an appt. with my Doctor. I'm sure there is a lot of medical slang, that I am going to have to learn. Thank goodness for patient people like you, to help me out.
Thank again, Ginger Marie

Old 06-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

you are most welcome. it is an honor to be of service to you.
peace,
blue

Closed Thread