It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
(female)

crazyhrse HB User
new here... question re: fibro & kidney/bladder issues?

Hi, I'm so glad I found this board. Some days I feel like I'm alone dealing with my day to day struggles with fibro.
I have been recently diagnosed with fibro. I have had the symptoms for at least 9 years, and finally found a great nurse practitioner who recognized all my symptoms and finally put a name to how I was feeling. My symptoms seemed to have gotten worse after last year when I had complications after a "simple" oopherectomy (spelled right?). I had endrometriosis for 14 plus years with only my ovarys left...and lefft ovary had a "unknown mass" around it. Removed last june.
Sorry if I'm rambling, but wanted to give a short history. For the past 3 months I have had numerous bladder infections with twice I passed small stones. This bout started last Saturday and I'm almost done with my cipro but haven't had much relief. Has any fibro patients had issues with bladder/kidneys? How do you find relief?
I'm excited to talk with other fibro patients!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
(female)

crazyhrse HB User
Re: new here...question re: fibro & kidney/bladder issues?

I wanted to add that I do work full time as a bartender (and usually only person on shift) and I sometimes have to "hold it" when I get busy :-( I know its bad on the bladder so I'm really trying to watch it so I can relieve myself more often.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: new here...question re: fibro & kidney/bladder issues?

hi crazyhorse,
love your name. several of us have been thru bladder issues. for sure me too, tho mine did turn out to be related to sjogrens disease and fibro was taking advantage of the chance to jump into the game. it lasted 3 years. i found using cranberry suppliments in high doses for a year seemed to clear it up. that was after 3 years of antibiotics. giggle. i still do the cranberry in high doses to maintain the balance in my kidneys and bladder. stones tho are not fibro related. do you have a urologist yet? might be a good idea to have a look see up there and make sure you are okeydokey.
welcome to the boards. you will never feel alone again. we are a goofy, loving bunch who will be here always when you reach out.
peace,
bluelakelady

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
crazyhrse (06-08-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
Re: new here... question re: fibro & kidney/bladder issues?

I've only had one uti and it last for 2 months...oh gosh it was awful. I was also allergic to cipro so they stuck me on septra. That, no sugar, cranberry juice and LOTS of water is what helped me. Now I make triple sure that I stay hydrated and it seems to keep me going good for now. I'm sorry I'm not more help, but we all have different advice to give
Heart Rhythm Issues
Anxiety
Depression
Possible CFS
Possible IBS

Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

I had numerous UTI's through the decades. My favorite urologist told me way back in the eighties that they were suspicious that cranberry caused kidney stones if used too much. That was a long time ago, don't know what was decided. For all i know it was all of the corn syrup in the juice. Stones and uti's are different creatures, also.

Ten or so yrs ago I had lots of pain without blood in urine. Still have it frequently.Was a new town and new doc. He said that the part of my bladder that says it's full gets inflamed. Also said he sees that in people with connective tissue disease. I have elevated ANA, so that fits. There's an over the counter med that's been around for decades to relieve bladder pain until you figure out what's going on with a possible uti. That doc prescribed a newer one for me and my inflammation, called Urelle. I have no idea if they could be of benefit for a problem like you're having. Need to have doc you trust, for sure. Read doc reviews, as always.

Some doc's would always want to dilate my urethra by cutting it at office visits. The favorite doc said don't let them do that over and over. (He had done it once in surgery). Said it can cause a build up of scar tissue, which is counter productive to the idea of making it wider.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
(female)

RavenSkies777 HB User

You are definitely not alone here! I too suffer from frequent bladder infections due to Fibromyalgia. I try to take pure cranberry capsules every day to keep my urinary tract in check and drink plenty of water. There is an amazing product that you can get over the counter called Cystoplus. It's a sodium citrate powder that you mix in water 3x a day for 2 days. If you are able to start drinking that at the earliest sign of a possible UTI there's a good chance you'll stop it before it can get really bad. Works like a charm for me!

Closed Thread