It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
OT, it's gonna be tough

I figure this is off topic but maybe not because it's gonna cause stress & it's gonna be bad...

I moved out when I was 15, then I adopted my dog Shadow not long after my 16th birthday. He was 5 weeks old & his mom died when he was 3 weeks old. He is my first kid. It was just us for a few yrs before marriage, kids, divorce, marriage & one more kid. He's my baby & I've ha him half my life. Can't imagine life without him. He's always had health problems. He's been a very expensive boy. I never thought he'd live to be 12, now he's 16... I'm grateful for the extra time with him. Been preparing myself for the loss of him for years... But guess we are never fully prepared.
Lately he's been peeing on the floor. At first it was occasional but he's an old dog... But now it's extreme... He's drinking like crazy & peeing constantly.. Thank goodness for pergo floors...
So today he goes to the vet. Maybe it's a bladder infection, maybe diabetes... Maybe his kidneys are failing... So today may be his last day...
Trying not to cry but not succeeding. Hopefully it can hold off a few hours.
In the meantime, maybe you can pray for him? If its time, praying for a painless end & hopefully we'll meet again down the road.

Didn't know who else to talk to. I gotta be strong for my kids. Thy have never live without him. My oldest calls him her big brother.

I may not be on much for a little bit but Thank You for reading
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: thefarm
Agenda (06-09-2012), mom477 (06-09-2012), WoodsWalker (06-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
(male)

brend HB Userbrend HB User
Re: OT, it's gonna be tough

Oh Tori,
I really don't know what to say except that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Of course it's not off topic as all parts of our lives involve our fibromyalgia.
We lost our dog, who was really a family member, two years ago. It was awful and did bring me way down and a fibro flare up followed. I got through it with the help of my wife. I never see myself having a dog again, its too hard letting go.
keep strong and try to keep in touch with us here as you will get support.
brend

Old 06-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Tori, I know how hard it is to even think of loosing your Shadow. You are stronger than you think and will do what you need for the kids. If you do put him down you will all have a good family cry. A little memorial for him may help all of you a little bit.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Prayers for all of you!!! Never easy losing pets as they become a HUGE part of family. Big big hugs to you Tori.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You everyone
I was really dragging my feet bringing him in... I guess we are just never prepared for that... But, it was a good thing & he's still with us!
He has diabetes so will need 2 shots a day. The med is $72 but i was able to get a Walmart brand for $25! Same company that makes it. I guess his hair loss which has been really thin for years is a fungal overgrowth. So im to lather him with Salsun Blue & leave it on him for 15 mins, once a week. Also an enzym problem so a supplement for that. He's been on steroids for 5 yrs. He also told me how much tramadol & aspirin to give him. He's old & hurts.
We have a really good vet. He wouldn't be around if it weren't for them... He's had tumors removed, teeth pulled, ect. But i could never give up on him, he's so worth it...
The vet talked with me about him not having much time left... I told him I've been preparing myself for it... When its time, it's time...

Brend- I'm sorry for your loss... They could never be replaced... I think in a few years I will get a little dog. We always have big dogs. I couldnt replace shadow but i have room in my heart for another one day. We have another one that's 9, he's our big grump but we love him Got him when he was around 6.

Anyhow, Thank You again everyone for your support! I was really prepared for the worst so happy with how it turned out
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Last edited by thefarm; 06-09-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

evening tori,
felt called to be on before bed. now i see why. the greatest gift of love we give is letting go of those we love when they are suffering. fortunatly humans think they are superior to animals which gives us the greatest gift of all. the ability to end suffering for one we love.
i will talk to cinnamon and tell her to look for shadow if it is his time and show him all the cool places in animal heaven. she has been there 34 years.
peace full mind and heart,
blue

Closed Thread